• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2015 Edition

Galdius

Does anyone have any tips on adding lighting to Ikea Expedit/Kallax or other large shelf units? I'd like to put LED strips in each cube, but am not sure if you can daisy-chain 4-5 rolls together. I would want to use these types of lights.

From what I remember, there are some kinds of LED strips that you can put together. Some you can only add on an one meter basis and others have different measures.
Check them before you buy.
On my shelves I put a few LED strips together.

My setup looks like this as before,

4SuBKEF.jpg

but that drawer at the bottom used to be a mess of "gaming crap" (pads, wires, keyboards, more wires, more wires etc). So, 5 bucks worth of foamboard, a craftknife a measuring tape and some superglue, I now have this!

rRHt5DM.jpg

Dr Dogg

http://i.imgur.com/4SuBKEF.jpg[IMG]

but that drawer at the bottom used to be a mess of "gaming crap" (pads, wires, keyboards, more wires, more wires etc). So, 5 bucks worth of foamboard, a craftknife a measuring tape and some superglue, I now have this!

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/rRHt5DM.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That's really smart. I should definately try and do something similar with my junk storage that's full of cables, controllers and peripherals that've been carting around for years. Granted a clean out first would probably be the better idea.

That's really smart. I should definately try and do something similar with my junk storage that's full of cables, controllers and peripherals that've been carting around for years. Granted a clean out first would probably be the better idea.

That's what I started with. I'm 100% sure I didn't need 20 micro USB cables and 10 years worth of phone chargers! so a lot of it went in the bin and then I could get sorted from there. Dead easy and cheap to do as well.

I tried to show my wife what a cool thing I'd done and she just rolled her eyes and called me a dickhead. She just doesn't understand...

antti-la

This is an awesome thread. Really love getting a peak in the delicious gaming setups gaffers have.

So quick photos of my own after cleaning up the place and before tearing things down for Christmas decorations.

UHWL9WA.jpg

6NOui9y.jpg

uYAPqSz.jpg

TV is Samsung H6400 75" and had it for a bargain about a year ago. Still makes me happy, daily. Doesn't look so big in the photos though.

VanWinkle

This is an awesome thread. Really love getting a peak in the delicious gaming setups gaffers have.

So quick photos of my own after cleaning up the place and before tearing things down for Christmas decorations.

UHWL9WA.jpg

6NOui9y.jpg

uYAPqSz.jpg

TV is Samsung H6400 75" and had it for a bargain about a year ago. Still makes me happy, daily. Doesn't look so big in the photos though.

I'm not really too into the minimal look, but I really love this. The lamp adds some nice warmth, and the patterned curtains add a little bit of life to it.

Deku Tree

Bought a curved Samsung JU7500 when my Plasma broke. Disconnected the PS3. Didn't do too much wire management, also iPhone pick with bad lighting, sorry to disappoint in that regard.

In picture:

Samsung 48JU7500
PS4.
Wii U.
FIOS Router.
FIOS cable box.
Denon AVR.
B&W Speakers.
Klipsch Sub.

And a dancing Titan.

UHWL9WA.jpg

You have amazing taste in decorating. Great choice of cabinet and accents.

Where is that couch from?

antti-la

Thanks for your kind comments! Not sure where the "lantern" is from, but I would think similar are available in many places. Then just throw some led light string inside. Creates a nice and cheap effect / mood light.

You have amazing taste in decorating. Great choice of cabinet and accents.

Where is that couch from?

Ah, you're being too kind. Thank you. The couch is one from a local (Finnish) carpenter.

Celcius

°Temp. member
You have a different X-Box One? I'm pretty sure it was white last time.

As soon as I got to the second pic I also thought "the xbox used to be white" lol. Earlier this year I was contemplating buying those exact two LE PS4 and XB1 consoles, but ended up buying neither one. I thought the red and blue consoles would look awesome together but I see I'm not the only one who thought it haha.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Damn, every time I see this thread I feel the guilt of not contributing my updated setup. I have made it just too hard, I want to have a nice sunny morning or afternoon, I need to remember to have the wide angle and tripod home, and it needs to be on a weekend. Since my last pics I have swapped to a 75" TV, got the current gen consoles, an Analogue NT and a new guest TV.

I really need to hurry up as I bought a new flat that's ready in late 2016. Needed to get a bit of the Tabris views around me.

leng jai

You have a different X-Box One? I'm pretty sure it was white last time.

I think we have a winner.

That's the most obvious one but there's a couple other differences.

Damn, every time I see this thread I feel the guilt of not contributing my updated setup. I have made it just too hard, I want to have a nice sunny morning or afternoon, I need to remember to have the wide angle and tripod home, and it needs to be on a weekend. Since my last pics I have swapped to a 75" TV, got the current gen consoles, an Analogue NT and a new guest TV.

I really need to hurry up as I bought a new flat that's ready in late 2016. Needed to get a bit of the Tabris views around me.

Just take quick and dirty photos like the rest of us plebs.

hugoboss78

Neo Member
I've been a long time lurker of this thread and have admired everyone's set up. I recently became a homeowner and can finally have my own setup. It's not much but I'm happy with it. Warning....camera phone pics!

VTuKZX4.jpg

rwOIUjU.jpg

m7VWuTe.jpg

6GX81Zq.jpg

I've been a long time lurker of this thread and have admired everyone's set up. I recently became a homeowner and can finally have my own setup. It's not much but I'm happy with it. Warning....camera phone pics!

VTuKZX4.jpg

rwOIUjU.jpg

m7VWuTe.jpg

6GX81Zq.jpg

If that's not much, then you have issues my friend. Despite not having a lot, that's still a nice and clean setup. And congrats on the house!

Some of you have amazing setups, I always hoped one day I'd have a setup of my own to show. I finally have my own apartment and I'd like some feedback on what you guys think of my first setup!

First with the living room lights on low ambient mode with PS4, Xbox 360, 50-inch 1080p.

wbzcLdm.jpg

Dv4Ms44.jpg

gwzkQcO.jpg

gqc2jWQ.jpg

And now with the lights to what I call the "full immersion mode"

yAdQgpp.jpg

q94VDkw.jpg

J1RROzH.jpg

cfDjBm7.jpg

Here I have a PC setup/Office with an overclocked i5 4690k, and overclocked GTX 970. It took a while to do a good job with hiding all of the wires, but I finally did it!

eGCEzP4.jpg

This is my PC in its current location in the corner, I love the top view of it, looks a lot more red in real life:

s1GlZVb.jpg

YlQJimr.jpg

This is the PC with the cover off for a better view of the inside, this is also my first custom built PC:

KIGNkzo.jpg

Thanks for looking, share your thoughts on improvements I could make!

Oxn

Some of you have amazing setups, I always hoped one day I'd have a setup of my own to show. I finally have my own apartment and I'd like some feedback on what you guys think of my first setup!

First with the living room lights on low ambient mode with PS4, Xbox 360, 50-inch 1080p.

wbzcLdm.jpg

Dv4Ms44.jpg

gwzkQcO.jpg

gqc2jWQ.jpg

yAdQgpp.jpg

q94VDkw.jpg

J1RROzH.jpg

cfDjBm7.jpg

Here I have a PC setup/Office with an overclocked i5 4690k, and overclocked GTX 970. It took a while to do a good job with hiding all of the wires, but I finally did it!

eGCEzP4.jpg

This is my PC in its current location in the corner, I love the top view of it, looks a lot more red in real life:

s1GlZVb.jpg

YlQJimr.jpg

This is the PC with the cover off for a better view of the inside, this is also my first custom built PC:

KIGNkzo.jpg

You sure love your lights.

MasterOfDeception's setup is dope as hell with all the ambiant lights. Makes me realize a home theatre space doesnt need to be nearly half as dark as I thought, I'm very tempted in adding a bunch of ambiant lights now.

They are not all turned on most of the time, just movie nights or something. Too much?
Maybe the starry night sky light is a bit too much, the rest is great though.

MasterOfDeception's setup is dope as hell with all the ambiant lights. Makes me realize a home theatre space doesnt need to be nearly half as dark as I thought, I'm very tempted in adding a bunch of ambiant lights now.

Maybe the starry night sky light is a bit too much, the rest is great though.

I have a hue setup that is fairly subtle, just for edge lighting.

entremet

Yeah. Just take some phone pics. I know you have a good eye, but this isn't for a magazine shoot lol.

paskowitz

yAdQgpp.jpg

q94VDkw.jpg

J1RROzH.jpg

cfDjBm7.jpg

Please tell us your lighting secrets!

Yazuka

I' m going to be moving in February and when I am done, I'll finally post some pics here.
I love this thread and it has been a big inspiration.

BouncyFrag

---snip---

rRHt5DM.jpg
Whoa! You are loaded for bear.

How have I missed this thread? Going to check it out when I'm at home because work internet is slow as hell.

edit: of course I am at the top of a new page, lol

Tarin02543

wth at "are you dutch?"

I was looking back at the pictures to spot a wooden farmershoe or dutch cheese which might warrant such a question but i only saw AMERICA

Top Bottom