• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2015 Edition

moerser

sorry for the bad image quality.

UHijNK3.jpg

Setup:

Sonorous ST161 Shelf with integrated TV Mount
Sony KDL55W809C
Sky+ Sat Receiver
Xbox One
PS4
Yamaha BD-S671
Qnap TS-112P w/ WD Red 3TB
Asus RT-AC66U

Hifi:
Marantz PM8003
Cambridge 340C
Rega RP6 + Rega Exact
Bluesound Node2
Focal 806V

ElNino

I tried to show my wife what a cool thing I'd done and she just rolled her eyes and called me a dickhead. She just doesn't understand...
I know how that feels. ;-)

I like the drawer setup. I did something similar, but with two ottomans stored in cubby holes that bookend our fireplace (below the TV). I don't have them separated as neatly as you do, but I've got it setup so that everything can be laid flat in the bottom... except that my kids never put them back the way I have them. :-(

Tabris

You have fantastic taste happidane.

And I have a feeling chittagong is going to re-up me hard when he posts his pictures. :O Should I name the 2016 thread the Chittagong Edition? ;)

Knight77

Maybe (maybe...) it's the first time I feel like ok in sharing my gaming/living setup . There is a little bit of this and a little bit of that: living room, Kitchen, Bathroom...I decided to include all of them because there are many customizations and I've seen that others also included different shots of the house.

Note: TV stand and rack, they've been made by me and my wife. We couldn't find one that could be good for our needing, style, dimensions and price so we decided to try...I think they're ok !

Living
LlvYZYa.jpg

dXE4gZc.jpg

JauZNb2.jpg

n0GrfGe.jpg

iuHJtik.jpg

xOLsHp6.jpg

0tkdJPr.jpg

Kitchen
oMDOPnH.jpg

IlyL6lG.jpg

Bath
aXRpRzh.jpg

pGPtdvj.jpg

(I made it for the mouthwash, the original bottle wouldn't fit with the rest)

Hoo-doo

Banned
Pictures of my student flat/Gaming setup (Denmark)

Must say all of you have some spetacular setup/homes!

All pictures can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/pyFcc

That's awesome. You have a real sense for interior decorating, love your style.

Would personally always be way too hesitant to put big artwork directly on the wall like that. But seeing this makes me think I need to get over it, it looks amazing.

(I actually saved some snaps of your setup to keep for inspiration for the future. Hope you don't mind :) )

jadedm17

Pictures of my student flat/Gaming setup (Denmark)

I've gotta say I love every setup here, namely in sharing the passion of both gaming and decorating, and they all have their own charm.

That said : You have one of the coolest setups I've seen and I'm gonna be taking heavy notes from your design aspects come spring when I buy new furniture. My favorite setups are mostly white with subtle hints of color mainly from plants, and even just how you worked within your space is fantastic.

Any links or model/brand number for the couch possibly? Thanks in advance.

sikkinixx

Maybe (maybe...) it's the first time I feel like ok in sharing my gaming/living setup . There is a little bit of this and a little bit of that: living room, Kitchen, Bathroom...I decided to include all of them because there are many customizations and I've seen that others also included different shots of the house.

Note: TV stand and rack, they've been made by me and my wife. We couldn't find one that could be good for our needing, style, dimensions and price so we decided to try...I think they're ok !

Where did you get that clock? It's quite snazzy.

Bluebomberimo

Neo Member
How can you stand working/playing in all that clutter mate?

It's honestly not that bad, since I only really play one system at any given time and I'm used to moving wires and stuff around and plugging things in and out of my various capture cards. It looks super cluttered but I have more than enough space to work.

Pack the Wii away if you have the WiiU. Gives you a pubes worth of space at least.

Naw, I use my Wii for Gamecube games.

Bluebomberimo

Neo Member
How has your PS4 not combusted

Why would it, the vents are in the back.

Space really has nothing to do with it, it's how you use the space. Buy some cheap Ikea organization / media furniture.

There isn't an Ikea around my area at all and not only that I don't have the money to be throwing at stuff I don't need.

I have that microphone, or one similar. I don't think it needs the pop filter though. :p

If you're referring to me, yes.. yes it does. Considering I do Voice Work and streaming and junk and the Mic sounds it's best when being talked directly into, without a pop filter it'd be piffing and popping all over the place.

Bluebomberimo

Neo Member
Get all the guys too!

I don't think we are. It's a disaster. A mess of epic proportions.

Sorry I can't afford to spend money on a bunch of furniture for a tiny apartment I'm not planning on living in for the rest of my life. And you talk like 80$ is nothing, I barley get enough to live on as is. But whatever, it's not like I live in a shack or a basement and yeah I think assuming my entire apartment is a mess based off of one corner is blowing things out of proportion by quite a lot.

cRIPticon

Sorry I can't afford to spend money on a bunch of furniture for a tiny apartment I'm not planning on living in for the rest of my life. And you talk like 80$ is nothing, I barley get enough to live on as is. But whatever, it's not like I live in a shack or a basement and yeah I think assuming my entire apartment is a mess based off of one corner is blowing things out of proportion by quite a lot.

Do you like the space you play in? If so, then awesome! Who cares what others think? When I was younger (much younger) the $60 O'Sullivan desk that I was able to afford due to my discount at SoftWarehouse (BEFORE it became CompUSA!), was awesome. So many fond memories of sitting at that desk, overflowing with computer stuff.

Get your game on. Thanks for sharing!

Mascot

A lot of GAFers have a lot of cool stuff. Is there a thread dedicated to objet d'art owned by GAFers anywhere? I seem to remember contributing to a couple of threads a few years ago but can't find them anywhere. Maybe we need a new objet d'art thread that doesn't derail this one?

Jofamo

Hey! I've lurked out in this thread for a long, long time now, through many moves and relocations. I've always wanted to post my own set up, but I've never felt really quite there with my own stuff. But my girlfriend and I just moved into a new flat around a month ago, and we finally have enough space to showcase some of our stuff! We've spent some of the last month buying some furniture and bits and bobs, and I think I'd finally like to join you people in showing my Gaming Set Up! Please excuse the barrage of images!

I think we really lucked out on this flat. Lots of great space, a lovely view and in a really nice area of Glasgow.

I've been dying to display some of the gaming stuff I've acquired over the years (including an unhealthy collection of amiibo!). Now I've finally found something.

And here's where the action happens. A modest 32" TV, but I've been using this size for years now and it's never been a big deal. I'll maybe move up a size or two next year.

Hope you liked it!

Mascot

A lot of GAFers have a lot of cool stuff. Is there a thread dedicated to objet d'art owned by GAFers anywhere? I seem to remember contributing to a couple of threads a few years ago but can't find them anywhere. Maybe we need a new objet d'art thread that doesn't derail this one?

I created a thread here. Contributions welcomed with open arms!

Click

Top Bottom