• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2016 Edition

Tabris

Introduction

Welcome to the annual NeoGAF Show us your Gaming Setup thread. An early one was posted which was a bit too full of misc posts then setups in the beginning so I thought a fresh thread would be appropriate with the 2015 awards in the OP. Sorry for anyone that needs to post again. Here we post pictures of your gaming setup, from the large collections to the small collections, from the big family rooms to the small room setups, doesn't matter what, show us what you got! After you've posted what you got, make sure to give feedback to other's setup so we can collectively get cooler and better setups.

2015 Best Setups

Having scoured the 2015 thread, these are the setups that either got posted about the most or were nominated as best setups. Remember to post a clean setup post as you may be nominated for the 2016 Best Setup!

Goemon_Godo
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154140203&postcount=548
15993746494_c454368c4e_o_zpsk2dgw93k.jpg

My Gaming Setup

PJaxxwK.jpg

Click to expand the below:

More Pics said:

My Office said:

My Patio said:

Gaming Collection & Artwork said:

Previous Editions

2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015

Amazing set ups.

I'm hoping to find a nice stand/console that can be used to hold my gaming consoles and other stuff. Currently looking at room and board. Is Ikea still known for having low quality or did they improve over the years?

Tabris

Why is there two of these threads and what makes one better than the other?

tabris has been making these threads for a decade as of this year. lightning count just went ahead and made it before asking him

I normally wouldn't care but I wanted to get in the 2015 Best Setups into the OP and that other thread got derailed by people talking about this being my thread and then a bunch of posts about personal information. I don't own it, just want to ensure it's done right is all :)

Let's not derail this thread and let's see all your awesome setups!

Buttons

Yay, my favourite thread is up. Reposting my setup with a few new images of my desk area which I added to recently. Click to expand.

desk1fdyxq.png
tvjxyrd.png

Living room area. It's quite tricky to take good photos with all the natural light my apartment gets, but I love the huge windows and the awesome view.

living5y1z0r.png
living45txq4.png

The big shelf holds most of my games and books and also acts as a divider in the room.

poang6wl7y.png
livingnightseypt.png

living3aplle.png

This is my favourite corner for reading, relaxing and watching tv.
eames7dll6.png
eames2rpyz0.png

Living room area and kitchen:

living16ebc6.png
kitchen1zvk8y.png

kitchen2rhkuo.png

View from the kitchen:

living2lsbxf.png

My PSPs and Vita have their own special spot, as do my FFXI Tarus.
pspesxeg.png
tarus6olr0.png

Desk area where I game and occasionally work from home.
desk2ipjit.jpg
desk1cvkqi.jpg

desk3a0k3v.jpg

And since I showed most of the flat why not show the bathroom as well. Not very large but it was fun making the most out of it. :D
bathroom23pyhp.png
bathroom1ael5s.png

Tabris

anyways, tabris, how much is your rent monthly to get that quality of apartment and that view in vancity? i cry for your wallet ;_;

Not sure how much rent would be as I own.

Yay, my favourite thread is up. Reposting my setup with a few new images of my desk area which I added to recently. Click to expand.

Your setup is one of my favourite of 2015, because it shows you can do some amazing things even in the smallest spaces. Just takes some good design sense :)

Buttons

Your setup is one of my favourite of 2015, because it shows you can do some amazing things even in the smallest spaces. Just takes some good design sense :)

Thanks Tabris. :) When i was apartment hunting the options were to either live outside the city in a bigger apartment but have an hourly commute and pay tons of cash for petrol or public transit or live directly in downtown Frankfurt but in a smaller apartment.

Was a pretty easy decision. You keep only the necessities, it is easy to keep clean and it was tons of fun to decorate. Not to mention that I live directly in the middle of the city now, work is only 3km away and I can practically walk or take the tram/subway anywhere. :)

Not to mention I really lucked out and got into a building that was only just built in 2004, so insulation is awesome, heating costs are low and everything is modern. :)

Arttemis

I'm out of town, but here's a slightly edited copy/paste of a couple month old post of what my small apartment living room looks like:

[...] 55" Sony KDL55W800b HDTV, Denon S700W receiver, Monoprice 10565 Premium 5.1 Surround Sound system, PS4, Nintendo Wii U, and Ikea Lappland and Kallax shelves. The shelves aren't organized in this picture, and a bunch a tools are just lying around everywhere, but it's presentable now. Forgive my budget phone pics.

KXrC1Hp.jpg

Things are coming together in the living room, but it was a wreck for two days while I reinforced the shelves to mount the TV, added cable management to the back of the entertainment center, and ran ghost speaker wire under the carpet.

Before:
TOk6f7m.jpg

After:
Xe46G9V.jpg

Here's an imgur album with the few pics I took along the way:
http://imgur.com/a/cw57D

EDIT - here's a current Christmas themed shot:
oQ2DBHRh.jpg

Same setup as last year, I want to upgrade to a full surround sound system this year as opposed to my soundbar.

Samsung UE55H6200
Panasonic HTE SC180 soundbar
PS4
PS3
Xbox One
Xbox 360
Sky plus
5 into 1 HDMI switch

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d8u1nif.jpg

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d8u1nrc.jpg

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d8u1ojb.jpg

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d8u1orl.jpg

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d8u1o4o.jpg

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d8u1oa6.jpg

Buttons

Amazing set ups.

I'm hoping to find a nice stand/console that can be used to hold my gaming consoles and other stuff. Currently looking at room and board. Is Ikea still known for having low quality or did they improve over the years?

It all depends, some IKEA items are lower quality while some others are actually good quality. Nowadays IKEA items also range from cheap to mildly expensive, so you usually get what you pay for.

Your best bet would be to just go there and see the items in person.

Looking forward to posting my setup. I have been working on a home theater/gaming room since September.

Update: Ok, decided I'm not going to completely finish my setup by the end of the year so I might as well post where I'm at.

I've been working on my basement since September 2015 with a close friend that works in the construction industry (who knows what he's doing as I sure didn't). We did all the work ourselves except for the carpet. The goal was to finish a portion of my basement and put in a Home Theater/Game room as well as an office. The Home Theater/Game room is 98% done and the office is going to be on hold.

Here's what we started with:

Here's the concession hallway as you're walking in with mini fridge for the kids, candy, movie/game shelves and a popcorn machine:

The room has two rows of seating and a bar with stools. It fits about 10 people comfortably, but more seats can be added.

The bar has a kegerator and a another mini fridge for adults. On the side front of the bar behind the HT seating are some USB ports that run into the AV closet so that I can hookup my fightsticks.

The screen is 120" and the wall is a fake wall with speakers behind it. Dual subs are behind the speaker cloth panels. The sound system is 7.2.2 Dolby Atmos. Projector is a BenQ W1070.

I took 2 pictures of the screen and photo shopped them. One with the lights off and one with them on to show what the picture typically looks like in the room. Still looks better in person, but you get the idea:

Still have some work to do. Need to paint and attach the HT door. The AV Closet still needs some paint and the wire management is a mess.

Anyways, that's where I do all of my console gaming and where I host game nights with friends. The best part about it is that as we added some sound proofing, I get to play as loud as I want without bothering the wifey.

I'm planning on building an office in the basement at some point. Here's a pic of my current office that's kind of a mess.

ngower

Re-posting from the other thread:

It's a bit of an inelegant solution to moving home in between undergrad and graduate school, and thus being confined to a bedroom for a bed, desk, small loveseat and entertainment center. I'm currently exploring ways to get everything cleaned up a bit. I don't trust the apartment complex walls to mount a TV, but that would be a huge fix if I could somehow get that to work. If I picked up a small 1x4 Kallax from IKEA I could get my A/V cleaned up and then maybe a small floating shelf under the TV for the PS4 and Wii U...

If anyone has any recommendations on furniture for a small space that might help out, I'm all ears.

Buttons

Re-posting from the other thread:

It's a bit of an inelegant solution to moving home in between undergrad and graduate school, and thus being confined to a bedroom for a bed, desk, small loveseat and entertainment center. I'm currently exploring ways to get everything cleaned up a bit. I don't trust the apartment complex walls to mount a TV, but that would be a huge fix if I could somehow get that to work. If I picked up a small 1x4 Kallax from IKEA I could get my A/V cleaned up and then maybe a small floating shelf under the TV for the PS4 and Wii U...

If anyone has any recommendations on furniture for a small space that might help out, I'm all ears.

For small spaces you usually want something that offers lots of storage and/or offers some sort of multiple function.
A Kallax from IKEA like you suggested would be a good start. Small rooms feel cluttered very fast, so having furniture with clean lines and storage behind doors/in baskets enables you to store and hide most of your things.
That way you can display the things you like the most and all the rest of your stuff is safely stored and still be easily accessed.
For a clean look in general, use cable ties or really any sort of cable solution to clean up your cables and then use uniform boxes, baskets or available storage to store clutter that may be collecting dust and just lying around.

Floating shelves that are attached directly to a wall are also a good option. When space is limited, use the space you do have to go vertical. :)

The console with the hairpin-style legs your tv is sitting on actually looks awesome, definitely hold on to that!

Just had our feature wall built and completed before Christmas... pretty happy with how it turned out. I finally have a place to store all my games and Blu-rays.
Wm3gxBx.jpg

Love it, so clean and the feature wall looks awesome.

LrHQRoX.jpg

60 inch 1080p Plasma with a Klipsch 7.2 surround sound system. One 12" sub woofer in front and back. Side and rear speakers mounted to ceiling. I placed a bluray next to the front subwoofer to get a better idea of the size of these bad boys.

All consoles and wires are run behind walls. The system shakes my whole house when turned up.

I recently moved and am putting the finishing touches on the setup in my new home. I posted my old setup in the 2015 thread here.

My current setup is fairly similar to my old one, with the primary changes being better speakers and more shelving space. I kept the important things intact, Chiefy in one corner and 20th Anniversary PS4 in the other.

Entrance to the room.
og84VBL.jpg

Screen wall, with two Klipsch R12SW 12" 400W Subwoofers in the built-ins. Video game systems and blankets are also housed under the screen.
iO5Ujjb.jpg

Media closet is next to the screen. I keep my current gen and retro stuff in this closet. All of my XB/GC/PS2 and X360/Wii/PS3 games are kept in the adjoining room.
bAzHiTG.jpg

Rear left, with the 20th Anniversary PS4 being the highlight.
JJ8ELOi.jpg

Rear right, where Chiefy holds down the fort.
Fg66bE8.jpg

Pano of the entire room.
bukR6EJ.jpg

Rest of the basement, still somewhat of a work in progress. The theater room is behind the closed double doors.
sdNGDsB.jpg

For those curious, the theater room is around 22.5' x 17.5'. I have a 7.2 Klipsch Reference speaker setup, which is accompanied by a Sony 7.2 Receiver and a Sony VPLHW30AES projector.

Ultimadrago

I recently moved and am putting the finishing touches on the setup in my new home. I posted my old setup in the 2015 thread here.

My current setup is fairly similar to my old one, with the primary changes being better speakers and more shelving space. I kept the important things intact, Chiefy in one corner and 20th Anniversary PS4 in the other.

More props for straight party pad status. What kind of projector is that anyways?

Top Bottom