• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2016 Edition

Kysen

A few takeaways from this thread:

-I need to learn to cable manage
-I need to find a bigger place to live lol

Chittagong

Gold Member
This is the most beautiful thing I've seen in any of these threads. Truly inspiring stuff.

I wish I wasn't a student. I live a comparatively luxurious life compared to many of my peers, but it takes two full time jobs on top of 15 credit hours.

Thanks! I know what you mean by working a lot.

I just recently realised I have been working ever since I started delivering letters after school at the age of 10, and I have actually never been 'not working' (I'm 36 now). So over the years it adds up.

One of the best things I learned from my mom is to buy seldom and buy quality. So have one piece of furniture you really want, save up for a quality classic, and it'll last for life. Plus you can get most of your money out of them if you run into the need of money. Like those Genelec speakers I have. They're a classic. A front pair cost me £1400 back in 2007. I can still get £900 selling them used. So basically owning them has cost me £500 for 9 years, or £55/year.

Ironically, now my biggest dream is to leave everything behind in London and just travel the world with my iPad and scuba gear as my only possessions.

zbarron

Ironically, now my biggest dream is to leave everything behind in London and just travel the world with my iPad and scuba gear as my only possessions.
I'll take your place and all your cool stuff when you want to leave.

My setup isn't any different from last time. I don't have any upgrades I want to do until 4K projectors become affordable.

Zaptruder

Banned

I just recently realised I have been working ever since I started delivering letters after school at the age of 10, and I have actually never been 'not working' (I'm 36 now). So over the years it adds up.

One of the best things I learned from my mom is to buy seldom and buy quality. So have one piece of furniture you really want, save up for a quality classic, and it'll last for life. Plus you can get most of your money out of them if you run into the need of money. Like those Genelec speakers I have. They're a classic. A front pair cost me £1400 back in 2007. I can still get £900 selling them used. So basically owning them has cost me £500 for 9 years, or £55/year.

I'll house sit for you buddy.

I crossed off the Framemeister since last year. Next project will be sound system...and more games!

xIMCWYb.jpg

HqI9CQJ.jpg

QkFngya.jpg

IFugR2n.jpg

finalflame

Gold Member
I crossed off the Framemeister since last year. Next project will be sound system...and more games!

<snip>

This is clean as fuck dude, holy shit. What're those "floating" shelves the game systems are on? You really did a bang-up job with cable management using those channels. Bravo.

dubc35

This is clean as fuck dude, holy shit. What're those "floating" shelves the game systems are on? You really did a bang-up job with cable management using those channels. Bravo.

Agreed! I'm also interested in the shelving. I'm looking for a way to have all my retro stuff out without taking up a bunch of room.

ngower

Not sure if this would be the place to ask, so if I'm in the wrong, please redirect:

I'm looking into a 5.1/7.1 system for my PS4/movie-watching. I currently live in a small bedroom (about 8-10 feet from my couch to my TV) and will be for some years as I'll be in grad school, so I'd need smaller speakers that I'd either put on skinny ass stands or, more likely, mount to the wall. I already have a hi-fi system for audio so I wouldn't be playing music or anything through them, but that also takes up quite a bit of space, so the smaller the better.

I've read the Wirecutter and CNET reviews and it seems like receiver-wise and it seems like the Yamaha RX-V379 is more than sufficient for my needs, but if I'm spending money I do want to do it right (not spending a grand on a receiver though...yet). Speaker-wise, where should I be throwing my money? My budget's somewhere in the $500-1000 overall, but the cheaper the better as I'm trying to save some money for grad school.

Again, if this isn't the right spot I apologize, but please feel free to redirect me to the proper thread(s).

Do you play guitar on the couch? Is it comfortable? I have a small amp next to mine for when I'm watching TV but I don't find it comfortable.
You certainly can't lay back and play comfortably. It's fine if you sit on the edge.

Thanks. The big shelf is from cb2.com, they still have it. http://www.cb2.com/stairway-white-96-wall-mounted-bookcase/s474749

SinSilla

Hi,
have posted a pic of my setup in another topic but i guess it doesn't hurt to post them in here again.
This is my current setup.

TV: LG 60LB650V
Speakers: Epos Epic² (custom stands and finish)
AVR: Denon AVR-X1000
Sub: Jamo J110
PC: Corsair Carbide Air 240, Intel 2500K, GTX970

wozihifi_649908.jpg

wozihifi_649909.jpg

DSC0975_02.jpg

These might be a little dark, sorry for that. Will take some new daylight pictures soon.

NinjaMouse

Gold Member

...pics of super clean room...

You are a cable-management BOSS. SO nice, I had no idea that all those consoles were even hooked up until the one pic showing them close up. Congrats and the setup is awesome!

I'm struggling right now with too much stuff on my desk, and too much stuff that needs power.

Power requirements at or near the desk, taking up three different outlets:
  • Two monitors
  • Tower
  • Speaker system
  • Sennheiser headphone base
  • Two lamps
  • Three controller docks
  • PSP charger
  • Printer
  • VOIP phone
  • HDMI switch
  • Four consoles
  • Room fan
  • at least one phone dock

That's just the stuff that requires actual plugs. There's a bit more that charge via USB. As you can imagine, my desk doesn't have all of that on there, but it's still a hot mess. I need to seriously simplify before I take new pics.

T-0800

Quality is underrated.

shanafan

Was keeping my portables in my closet in a container, but didn't like how I wasn't charging them. Never know when you want to play some 3DS or Vita.

So, I knew I wanted something thin that can go against a wall. Went to IKEA, and the bookcases, etc were too large. Just happened I was looking in the bedroom section, and found a shoe organizer. Works perfect!

bRHnTXC.jpg

Can't even see the cables inside!

wbcYE7m.jpg

JWHRmwN.jpg

Surge protector on the left, New Nintendo 3DS and Vita charging on the right.

Bl7LyzM.jpg

Charging Xbox One Elite controller, and PS4 controller on the left.. games on the right.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So I lost some space in moving to a different house (I have some of my collection in a second room) but this is currently how I'm rolling.

The space behind my desk will work pretty well for the Vive, I think.

Vetro

So I lost some space in moving to a different house (I have some of my collection in a second room) but this is currently how I'm rolling.

Is your pc table from ikea? The height adjustable one?

If you need someone to flat sit whilst you're away my rates are very competitive.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Is your pc table from ikea? The height adjustable one?
Yeah. Since I'm working from home I wanted an adjustable table and that stool - both of which help keep me from sitting in one place too long. It's been a really nice table.

I liked my previous corner desk but it was starting to sag so I replaced it with this. To give an idea of scale, my monitor is 32". I was using multiple screens but I only bring in multiple monitors when I need them now.

Vetro

Yeah. Since I'm working from home I wanted an adjustable table and that stool - both of which help keep me from sitting in one place too long. It's been a really nice table.

I liked my previous corner desk but it was starting to sag so I replaced it with this. To give an idea of scale, my monitor is 32". I was using multiple screens but I only bring in multiple monitors when I need them now.

Ah perfect. Thank you :)
Thought about to get me exact the same for similar reasons and buying a 27-30 inch monitor - but was a bit insecure cause the measurements of the table and the big screen, but looks absolutley good on your pic.

I see you've the best choice in colours when it comes to the Vita!

Oxn

I have the EXACT same thought process as you, just with less money.

I always buy the item I want, even if it means waiting on it and saving up.

I also have the same dream as you on leaving everything behind and taking only my Ipad Pro 12.9 with Cellular, and a nice Mirrorless camera, and just leaving my home.

Vetro

I have the EXACT same thought process as you, just with less money.

I always buy the item I want, even if it means waiting on it and saving up.

I also have the same dream as you on leaving everything behind and taking only my Ipad Pro 12.9 with Cellular, and a nice Mirrorless camera, and just leaving my home.

I hate to go offtopic, but if you acting like that you should buy yourself a sony alpha 6000.

Oxn

I hate to go offtopic, but if you acting like that you should buy yourself a sony alpha 6000.

Just a dream at the moment.

I have a Canon M right now. It sucks, but the IQ is good. Im waiting on a mirrorless I really like in all aspect before i buy. Hopefully the M4 will meet these expectations.

entremet

I always love your setups, Dark.

Standing desks are awesome.

Heero5

Wow Dark! Such a nice set up. What size Atlantic MaxSteel rack (if that's what it is) is that? It's so nice looking!

dw.og

I'm tempted to start moving away from disc-based media. I've always loved having the physical version a game - holding it in my hands, exploring the product art, adding something to a tangible collection - but I'm also a minimalist and don't like owning a lot of stuff. The idea of being able to quickly pack up and move is one that really appeals to me. Owning a lot of things just seems counter to this.

mitchlol

How can one setup a steering wheel pedal whilst still using the computer as a main PC? I find myself constantly having to remove the wheel when I want to play Dota or SFV with a stick.... I'm thinking of getting another monitor and moving it to the left of my desk directly in front of the wheel and just switching between the monitors when I want to race.... I know it sounds excessive but the hassle of moving the wheel has stopped me wanting to play racers... (Race seat is out of the equation) not enough room and they are far more pricey than a monitor.

Bauer91

A Pioneer Kuro plasma but a Slim Vita with a LCD screen? One would think you'd prefer the older OLED model, haha.

Top Bottom