• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2017 Edition

Great setups, keep them coming.

I find it interesting how on any console v PC debate thread, most PC owners dismiss the idea that they are stuck at a desk playing on a monitor and say that they also game on the big TV whilst on the sofa. Yet the PC setups here are almost exclusively desk/monitor. I would be interested to see some who have their PC hooked up to the living room screen and play from the sofa.

Nope.

pr9CgcIl.jpg
Ca6ptCul.jpg

o1wATxIl.jpg
XdpxiKFl.jpg

VR rig set behind the TV, running GTX1080 Hybrid liquid-cooled. Connected to HTC Vive. If I dont feel like using the Corsair Lapdog keyboard/G900 wireless mouse combo, I can still log into the VR PC rig Windows 10 with the Elite controller chatpad attached, with Steam running Big Picture Mode. Some bouts of SFV and MKXL with the fight sticks. PS4 Pro with PSVR and XBONE inside the entertainment cabinet.

TVs aren't exclusively for consoles. I've build an even smaller rig than this before, using the Silverstone RVZ01 small-form-factor case, but wanted more juice out of the rig when I decided to go full liquid-cooling. Now everything runs super quiet. Low input lag on the TV as well, JS8500, even on HDR. And yup, Shadow Warriors 2 runs HDR perfectly from the PC to the TV.

uEb5jlCl.jpg

The SFF RVZ01 case, before I transferred everything to the Phanteks Elite P400S Silent Edition.

Played hours of Civ VI, Titanfall 2 and recently streamed playthroughs of Dishonored 2 while running on the VR rig playing using the Corsair Lapdog combo. I also used the Razer Turret lapboard combo before but surfacing area on that is too small to comfortably play games with the style I'm used to, not used to high DPI mousing while gaming. Switched to the Corsair Lapdog now.

Platform fanboying is silly. I'm a huge fan of PC gaming in the living area. You just need to find the right kind of build to keep the rig unobtrusively out of sight.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Progress picture of new place, as kit installation has begun. It's like a late Christmas day - boxed Genelec speakers, boxed Gaming PC, bubblewrapped Schiit Yggdrasil DAC, boxed Hifiman HE1000 and boxed Crestron kit pictured here. Still hard to believe this mess will turn into a neat man cave before the end of the month...!

cCM0svZ.jpg

Though it's not finished, this is my current setup. Yes that's 8 consoles hooked up to my TV and a PC (via a few switch boxes). From left to right:

-Game shelf with tons of games (not even all my games are there)(also if you look, there's a TurboExpress towards the top left)

-Kinect on top of an RF switcher that switches between NES and Genesis

-Seiki 1080p TV that has a webcam holding 2 Wii/Wii U sensor bars

-(Top) Sega Genesis that has Midnight Resistance in it
-(Bottom) HP PC (not a very good one)

-(Top) Wii U
-(Bottom) Wii

-(Top) Wii U GameCube controller Adapter with Wavebird receiver plugged in and a white Wii U pro controller behind it and a Skyward Sword Wii remote next to that
-(Bottom) A Dreamcast with TV remote next to it on top of an NES on top of an original Xbox with a black 360 controller in front of it

-(Top) Xbox 360 with the Wavebird controller and gold 360 controller (with keyboard) on top
-(Bottom) PS3

I'm planning on upgrading my PC and getting a Sega CD and 32X (and a Saturn). I haven't even gotten an Xbox One (waiting for Scorpio) or PS4 (preferably Pro) yet. Don't know how I'll fit those in yet. I do have a SNES and an N64, but am unable to solve how to fit those in. But yeah. My gaming setup as of January 9th, 2017.

ecosse_011172

Great setups, keep them coming.

I find it interesting how on any console v PC debate thread, most PC owners dismiss the idea that they are stuck at a desk playing on a monitor and say that they also game on the big TV whilst on the sofa. Yet the PC setups here are almost exclusively desk/monitor. I would be interested to see some who have their PC hooked up to the living room screen and play from the sofa.

Here's my setup from 2 years ago, is still much the same now, no desk in sight :)

I game on PC, Wii U and PS4.

Ee6jA0cl.jpg

vEihIsvl.jpg

LlyhIW0l.jpg

oPlY2zal.jpg

QRRUEDhl.jpg

IkRJ036l.jpg

r9mslHil.jpg

Not sure when I'd have time to take new pics. So just going to post my pics from last year. Since then, I've finished the Home Theater. I'm about to start a new project complete my Elite Dangerous flight station including adding bass shakers to my office chair. That should be fun/interesting. Maybe I'll update some pics when that's done.

Here's what we started with:

Here's the concession hallway as you're walking in with mini fridge for the kids, candy, movie/game shelves and a popcorn machine:

The room has two rows of seating and a bar with stools. It fits about 10 people comfortably, but more seats can be added.

The bar has a kegerator and a another mini fridge for adults. On the side front of the bar behind the HT seating are some USB ports that run into the AV closet so that I can hookup my fightsticks.

The screen is 120" and the wall is a fake wall with speakers behind it. Dual subs are behind the speaker cloth panels. The sound system is 7.2.2 Dolby Atmos. Projector is a BenQ W1070.

I took 2 pictures of the screen and photo shopped them. One with the lights off and one with them on to show what the picture typically looks like in the room. Still looks better in person, but you get the idea:

The HT door has been attached and the AV closet has been painted since these pics were taken.

Anyways, that's where I do all of my console gaming and where I host game nights with friends. The best part about it is that as we added some sound proofing, I get to play as loud as I want without bothering the wifey.

I'm planning on building an office in the basement at some point. Here's a pic of my current office that's kind of a mess.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I just have my desk, and TV set up lol, the TV is basically my second screen. I'm not one to consider setting up a dedicated room or anything

Picture is outdated by 2 months, using a different laptop now but the rest is practically identical the only thing missing is my vita, the drawer's have my other consoles in them and I swap them out from time to time. PS2, PS3 and gamecube. I can't wait until my new drawer set gets here to replace that plastic thing I've had for ages.

Dave_6

Nope.

VR rig set behind the TV, running GTX1080 Hybrid liquid-cooled. Connected to HTC Vive. If I dont feel like using the Corsair Lapdog keyboard/G900 wireless mouse combo, I can still log into the VR PC rig Windows 10 with the Elite controller chatpad attached, with Steam running Big Picture Mode. Some bouts of SFV and MKXL with the fight sticks. PS4 Pro with PSVR and XBONE inside the entertainment cabinet.

TVs aren't exclusively for consoles. I've build an even smaller rig than this before, using the Silverstone RVZ01 small-form-factor case, but wanted more juice out of the rig when I decided to go full liquid-cooling. Now everything runs super quiet. Low input lag on the TV as well, JS8500, even on HDR. And yup, Shadow Warriors 2 runs HDR perfectly from the PC to the TV.

The SFF RVZ01 case, before I transferred everything to the Phanteks Elite P400S Silent Edition.

Played hours of Civ VI, Titanfall 2 and recently streamed playthroughs of Dishonored 2 while running on the VR rig playing using the Corsair Lapdog combo. I also used the Razer Turret lapboard combo before but surfacing area on that is too small to comfortably play games with the style I'm used to, not used to high DPI mousing while gaming. Switched to the Corsair Lapdog now.

Platform fanboying is silly. I'm a huge fan of PC gaming in the living area. You just need to find the right kind of build to keep the rig unobtrusively out of sight.

I really, really like this. When I first built my PC back in 2013, I built it solely to hook up to my 60" Kuro in my living room and play with a controller. Nowadays, my PC is in another room sitting on a desk with a monitor but that works better for using my racing wheel. I'm thinking about building a second PC now to use in my living room for when I get an OLED TV and keeping my current one to use when I finally decide to get a dedicated racing rig.

I need to check out that Lapdog. There wasn't anything like that when I first built mine and I was having to use a crappy wireless mouse on the arm of the sofa. :p

I really, really like this. When I first built my PC back in 2013, I built it solely to hook up to my 60" Kuro in my living room and play with a controller. Nowadays, my PC is in another room sitting on a desk with a monitor but that works better for using my racing wheel. I'm thinking about building a second PC now to use in my living room for when I get an OLED TV and keeping my current one to use when I finally decide to get a dedicated racing rig.

I need to check out that Lapdog. There wasn't anything like that when I first built mine and I was having to use a crappy wireless mouse on the arm of the sofa. :p

You're spoiled for choice now. Corsair Lapdog, Roccat Sova or Razer Turret.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN9a6vWubQ4

My pick is the Lapdog. Roccat Sova would've been perfect if they offer Cherry MX switches keyboard option, while Razer Turret is my choice if I'm using a living room PC just for casual non-gaming usage like web browsing or very light non-competitive gaming. The video mentioned the lack of palm rest for Lapdog, but the way I rest my arm around the Lapdog, I just need either two cushions at my sofa, or on a single seat sofa, my arms rest comfortably on the arm rest while gaming that way.

Tomtis

Here is my humble setup. Nothing special at all really. Life as a poor student doesn't help either. And f*ck cable management! Haha.

And as a bonus, my game collection. (Which is hidden in a closet since i don't have room for it...)

[NaK]

Wow, some posts here make me feel so inadequate. And poor...

My setup basically consists of a regular PS4 and a 55" Sony KDL805BBN.
There is a Wii U collecting dust under the TV, and a PS3 inside the cabinet, for whenever I want to play some Demon's Souls.
The sound system is an old Logitech Z-5500.
Otherwise, there aren't many gadgets. I rarely play anything besides PS4.

Then there's a really comfortable couch and a warm rug!

2dwp02.jpg

3vnovf.jpg

1mnr6q.jpg

(The walls are a bit empty at the moment, Im about to change wallpaper, so there are some paintings missing).

Bonus picture:
Mordin and Ellie, always sleeping beside the couch.
42brb8.jpg

@[NaK]

On the contrary, that's a really beautiful setup. Generally speaking, what I look for when it comes to setups is a nice, "lived-in," space instead of something that shouts "money." Personality and character is key. Good stuff, really like the flowers too :) .

Xion86

Thought I'd join in here :) have a spare room which I turned into a room for gaming in.
Unfortunately the WiiU is in another room right now and the Xbox One S is in the living room.

oVDTlX5.png

(Wondering if I should have displayed something on the TV now! May update hmm)

cXQwV5B.png

Some stunning setups here!!

entremet

[NaK];228409706 said:
Wow, some posts here make me feel so inadequate. And poor...

My setup basically consists of a regular PS4 and a 55" Sony KDL805BBN.
There is a Wii U collecting dust under the TV, and a PS3 inside the cabinet, for whenever I want to play some Demon's Souls.
The sound system is an old Logitech Z-5500.
Otherwise, there aren't many gadgets. I rarely play anything besides PS4.

Then there's a really comfortable couch and a warm rug!

2dwp02.jpg

3vnovf.jpg

1mnr6q.jpg

(The walls are a bit empty at the moment, Im about to change wallpaper, so there are some paintings missing).

Bonus picture:
Mordin and Ellie, always sleeping beside the couch.
42brb8.jpg
Nice to see some rugs and plants.

We some counterbalance to the minimalist preferences.

ProofKiko

Neo Member
Hey guys, love these kind of posts. This is the first time I post my setup. Hope you guys like it. Basically, every current gen console, a gaming pc with a 6600k and a gtx 1070.
The desk is mine and my gf, she ownes the Imac. The Harry Potter wall art was done by her. The DSLR is obviously out of place, was using it but decided to post some pictures from my phone.

AeHpw2Ih.jpg

1Kk7f5Fh.jpg

qGLxzG7h.jpg

Z9h4NJih.jpg

FN6BuTah.jpg

Thought I'd join in here :) have a spare room which I turned into a room for gaming in.
Unfortunately the WiiU is in another room right now and the Xbox One S is in the living room.

http://i.imgur.com/oVDTlX5.png[img]
(Wondering if I should have displayed something on the TV now! May update hmm)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/cXQwV5B.png[img]

Some stunning setups here!![/QUOTE]

What is that PS1 system looking case that is in front of a few ps3 games?

Xion86

What is that PS1 system looking case that is in front of a few ps3 games?

Oh that was the 20th Anniversary PlayStation Steelbook case that was sold by GAME.co.uk.

Included:
12 month PlayStation Plus membership
£20 Wallet Top Up
20th Anniversary Collectors Leaflet

Well observed :)

famousoutlaw

Neo Member
Made some simple changes since last year. Wall mounted both monitors and updated my computer's case. Just overall cleaned things up a bit.

IMG_20170115_191325.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20170115_191307.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20170115_191153.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20170115_191141.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20170115_191205.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20170115_191250.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20170115_191428.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh that was the 20th Anniversary PlayStation Steelbook case that was sold by GAME.co.uk.

Included:
12 month PlayStation Plus membership
£20 Wallet Top Up
20th Anniversary Collectors Leaflet

Well observed :)

Cool, thanks. Thought it looked like a steelbook.

Rushy

Still lots of little jobs to do, but the unit is in place and everything is wired up. Pleased with how my little gaming room has turned out :)

31539470624_be2188a46f_b.jpg

32382014935_9d618cf408_b.jpg

ta155

The gaming/entertainment corner of my bedroom.

20170119_101311.jpg

20170119_101701.jpg

And the opposite wall above my bed. My Infinity collection has also spiralled onto the plinth above the posters here, and continues round to the right. Man, I was bummed when that game got canned...

20170119_101745.jpg

cRIPticon

Introduction

Welcome to the annual NeoGAF Show us your Gaming Setup thread. It's that time of year again where we gather our new TVs/consoles/tech toys and start tidying up those rooms.

Here you post pictures of your gaming setup, from the large collections to the small collections, from the big family rooms to the small room setups, doesn't matter what, show us what you got! After you've posted, make sure to give feedback to other's setup so we can collectively get cooler and better setups.

2016's Most Popular Setups

15319095_10154179130138358_1658212656343760705_n.jpg

cRIPticon

Previous Editions

2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016

I'm still out for the holidays but I'll be sure to post some new pictures of my own setup once I get home.

On a personal note, the previous threads inspired me to be a little bit more organized and stylish when it came to setting up my own feng shui. I'm certain that it also pushed me to finally get my very own place. Hopefully this thread is as useful to you as it was me!

WOW! Honored to be mentioned as a popular choice among some awesome setups! I have some additional plans for the theater room this year and will post accordingly.

Remember, it's not that size of the space, but how you make it your own!

Anyone have a recommendation on a computer desk that has a place to store the desktop and has a back on it so that against a wall I can hide all of the cables?

Brandson

Anyone have a recommendation on a computer desk that has a place to store the desktop and has a back on it so that against a wall I can hide all of the cables?

I don't have one in mind with all those features, but I am in the process of planning a modernization to my kitchen desktop setup. In case this is helpful to you or anyone, I have been eyeing this desk: http://www.theartifox.com/

ARTIFOX-174.jpg

It has a slot on top of the desk for routing cables so you can push the desk all the way up to the wall, and a support grid structure underneath the top at the back for securing a power bar and other stuff, to get it off the floor.

I might combine it with a cable sock (http://www.arco.nl/en/cable-sock-de-de-en.html), and do a new ITX-sized desktop build. This case is the leading candidate for me so far: http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/node-series/node-202-integra-sfx-450w-psu

Xion86

Really like your setup, but get some art up next to that TV!

Hmm I wonder if that might make it too busy and distracting, especially quite close to the TV.

For the quite busy setups, how often do to guys clean and remove dust?! Especially with so many figures.

ta155 I really like that setup by the way :).

As I have a very young toddler that has fascination with anything with cables I am very wary of leaving my retro gaming setups hooked up. Enter the retro mobile! (TM). I have put all my retro stuff (well nearly) on this trolley thing with wheels which I leaved locked in a room when not in use. Whenever I feel like playing some retro games I push the trolley to the living room and hook whatever console I would like to use to the Framemeister (which is always connected to the TV away from teeny weeny hands). I know it doesn't look spectacular, but at least it is functional and does the job :D

Edit: There is a Commodore C64c under the cover on the top shelf.

16003025_10154507312923411_4083664406574742558_n.jpg

Xion86

I love those shelves! Would you happen to remember the name or where you got them?

Glad you do, thanks! Was really impressed with them as they were not overpriced, practical and look nice. Took two of us to put it together, the build quality is great. Was looking for something wide but not too long in depth so it doesn't stick out as much. That is a spare room in the house (used for gaming/chilling out) which was big enough for a two seater sofa, TV unit and those two storage units. As the room was a square(ish) shape I was able to cable up a 5.1 Tannoy speaker system to the AV Reciever which I can't do without for gaming now.

I'm from the UK so I got them from the Argos online store as they had a decent range and good value:

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/8720131

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6095758

lem0n

Here's my current setup! My whole apartment is basically a battlestation. Also an Ikea showroom lmfao. There's an Ikea 4 miles from me, sigh.

Anyways!

Here's the desk, nothing too fancy. i5 4690k/8gb/gtx970 in a Define r5 and an ASUS 144hz monitor. Corsair mechanical/wireless headset and Zowie mouse.

A shot of the whole thing-

The couch and main gaming area. The right side of the couch slides out and makes the couch one big bed essentially, and the chaise lifts up for storage. Coolest couch ever! It was a birthday gift from my mom last week! Old coffee table is the only thing left to upgrade in the apartment, although I will be getting a heavier duty book shelf soon as well, even though it's pretty new.

The cabinet of games!

And the main setup. No cable or TV here, it's purely a gaming and Netflix/youtube/Pandora setup. I like it better that way! Gaming rig has a long HDMI running to TV for games as well. Played through DOOM 2016 PC on the big screen this week with a friend, was amazing.

I hope everyone likes it! It's still a work in progress, but I've got a lot of inspiration from GAF and r/battlestations, so thanks for posting up your rad setups!

Top Bottom