• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadaiyappan

My game room in India:
TiA0k7L.jpg

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
It’s a fantastic program. Everything syncs up well across all devices and I can just add to it when I get a new game in a second.
I really love the barcode feature. Was able to get nearly 200 games scanned in minutes.
I usually use the Game Vault ios app, which is pretty good, but I got curious and downloaded the CLZ games app and started playing around with it.

The free version is limited to 100 games. Do you guys think it is worth paying for the full version at $23AU? Seems a bit steep.

I usually use the Game Vault ios app, which is pretty good, but I got curious and downloaded the CLZ games app and started playing around with it.

The free version is limited to 100 games. Do you guys think it is worth paying for the full version at $23AU? Seems a bit steep.

I have went through tons of different programs and I think CLZ is worth the money. They have cloud saving and a huge database of games. For people who have huge collections this is a powerful tool.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
- Xbox One X inside the cabinet
- Playstation 4 Pro inside the cabinet

That's a nice looking setup, but I hope that cabinet is better ventilated than it looks, otherwise those consoles are going to cook themselves

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

I am really enjoying it, even if their price matching is a bit off (as they can't differentiate between Nier: Automata Black Box and the base release). The ability to rapidly upload your collection on the app with a barcode is amazing and makes editing your collection almost instantaneous. I definitely enjoy what I have seen of it thus far.

DarthShihTzu

Neo Member
Hi, Guys

Following the thread since two years.
Here the time to share my humble setup with you.

TLdeiZG.jpg

SAMRLcH.jpg

WN4ZqNq.jpg

Vizio smart TV 43’’
Sanyo Sound Bar 2.1
XBOX ONE
PS3 Fat
Asus N56J
3DS XL

Not Showed:
NES 2 Game Boy
SNES
Game Boy Color
N64
Gamecube
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Advance SP
Wii
DS

Any tips, suggestions or questions are welcomed.

Last edited:

J-Roderton

Hi, Guys

TLdeiZG.jpg

Vizio smart TV 43’’
Sanyo Sound Bar 2.1
XBOX ONE
PS3 Fat
Asus N56J
3DS XL

Not Showed:
NES 2 Game Boy
SNES
Game Boy Color
N64
Gamecube
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Advance SP
Wii
DS

Looks chill. Cozy af. What is that building looking thing to the far left in the first pic? Also where is the Xbox?? ;)

Last edited:
My OCD is telling me the N64 and GC should be swapped
You'd think so but the N64 is running S-Video so the signal is much cleaner. The only way I'd put the GC over there is if I actually found one of the component cable for cheap, they're like $250 :/

Votron

niW6rJ7.jpg

MmXPiw1.jpg

ea00DOP.jpg

EjYs0Sm.jpg

IymZLCC.jpg

Excuse the noisy image.. .crappy phone camera :/

Wii U and PC . (I might get a switch soon)

Last edited:

n0razi

I'm a big fan of this thread. This is my setup in a small apartment. Atmos 5.1.2, PS3, PC, Wii, Blu-Ray player.

mzATGUW.jpg

SeZL5lq.jpg

Love seeing setups that prioritize audio over visual... I'm the opposite (65" OLED with a cheap $50 Vizio soundbar) but my ears suck.

Last edited:
Hi, Guys

TLdeiZG.jpg

SAMRLcH.jpg

WN4ZqNq.jpg

Vizio smart TV 43’’
Sanyo Sound Bar 2.1
XBOX ONE
PS3 Fat
Asus N56J
3DS XL

Not Showed:
NES 2 Game Boy
SNES
Game Boy Color
N64
Gamecube
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Advance SP
Wii
DS

That couch is hideous. My suggestion is get rid of that and get a new one

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I'm a big fan of this thread. This is my setup in a small apartment. Atmos 5.1.2, PS3, PC, Wii, Blu-Ray player.

mzATGUW.jpg

SeZL5lq.jpg
That looks like a nice setup.

Being an apartment, how do your neighbours handle you blasting Dolby Atmos movies?

petran79

Banned
Space is cramped, sorry.
Monitor is Asus ROG34 Gsync+ an old LG W2361. Old monitor displays some images more smoothly.
Desktop is i7 4790k, 12 GB RAM, GTX1080, 650 watt PSU. Case is a mess inside so no need to post.
Razer Chroma and Deathadder mechanical keyboardand mouse
Below is a set of some old Logitech Z2300 speakers, though I dont dare using max volume like in the past. Became more considerate. I use SB Rage headphones instead for louder music
Dreamcast is connected via VGA output and audio on a Samsung 23" TV. No extra DC accessories besides 3 gamepads.
Hori Real Arcade Pro V3-SA and Fight Commander Pro. No need to use right thumb for arcade games anymore.

Also have a HP Omen laptop (i7,16GB RAM, GTX1060)
I play 1 day on desktop,1 day on laptop, 1 day on Dreamcast

Last edited:

edgardo-sp

Neo Member
That looks like a nice setup.

Being an apartment, how do your neighbours handle you blasting Dolby Atmos movies?

Thanks! So far, no complaints from my neighbors, although I never listen at excessive volume levels. Rather than the upfiring atmos modules, usually the subwoofer and low frequency effects are what upset the most.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Thanks! So far, no complaints from my neighbors, although I never listen at excessive volume levels. Rather than the upfiring atmos modules, usually the subwoofer and low frequency effects are what upset the most.
I’ve got a normal 5.1 setup currently, but man am I tempted to get Atmos!

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

I would love to get a nice audio set up, but I don't want to cause troubles for my neighbors (as I personally hate when neighbors make excess noise), so I have always used expensive headphones instead. Maybe someday when I get my own home I might be able to get a nice sound system.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

mzATGUW.jpg

SeZL5lq.jpg
I have a similar set up except 2.1 master race. Also considering getting another tv stand that isn't glass cause DUST MAGNET.

MurfHey

J5Eyb4u.jpg
3pqGE3Z.jpg
qKfAowA.jpg
3Hs4fMv.jpg
xJuSjHa.jpg
Ki7HAuY.jpg

Sony X800D
PS 3D TV
Sony CRT
Yamaha 5.1.2
PS4 Pro
Xbox One S
PS3
Dreamcast
SNES
NES
Xbox 360
Orange N64
Orange Gamecube with GBA Adapter
PS1
PS2
OG Xbox
Xbox 360 with HD DVD Drive
Atari 2600
Sega Genesis
Vita
PSP
Switch
PSVR

Much More

kingbean

I take it you never up the volume? Otherwise Donut would fall? Like the speaker stands where you get em?
It gets loud. I live in a house and don't have to worry about bothering people.

I got the stands from guitar center for 100 bucks. Nice, heavy and don't rattle at all.

DavidPuddy

Neo Member
For those with led strips on the back of your TV's, how did you get them to stick / stay on?

Every time I try to add them, the adhesive on the strips themselves never seem to be enough to hold them on.

DarthShihTzu

Neo Member
For those with led strips on the back of your TV's, how did you get them to stick / stay on?

Every time I try to add them, the adhesive on the strips themselves never seem to be enough to hold them on.

Try to find quality LED with 3M two way tapes. I work in sign industry and all LED that i saw come with those tapes.

one

I decorated and designed my main setup back in 2007 (can’t believe it’s been 11 years!) but when creating it my main goal was to do something original, minimal, and also something that would age well as I find decorating year after year a right pain in the crack lol.

My main inspiration was from sci-fi flicks. For me, less is more, so I don’t believe in hanging pictures everywhere to fill wall spaces or having plants in every corner of the room. Do what you feel comfortable with.

As for reference, this is my main room/setup. As I say, I did this over 10 years ago now and it’s due for a change where I’ll probably go with darker colours, but I’m still happy with it. (Full kit list and other pics can be found here on my Blu-ray.com gallery)

ka7UG9o.jpg

wYJF1Qw.jpg

hey your living room and choice of colors and equipment is out of this world, its fantastic!! I absolutely love it, however those blinds got to go, and I know why you chose that one to keep the light out, however there are much better choices today and do just as much of a great job and far more modern which would compliment your living room!!

TFGB

hey your living room and choice of colors and equipment is out of this world, its fantastic!! I absolutely love it, however those blinds got to go, and I know why you chose that one to keep the light out, however there are much better choices today and do just as much of a great job and far more modern which would compliment your living room!!
Cheers! Admittedly those blinds were installed 15 years ago, and the whole place needs a refresh. We’re still happy with the kitchen and bathroom, but the whole place needs redecorating, reflooring etc. tbh and the lounge & bedroom window coverings will be changed along with the rest. (We may have to install new windows too which will be a pain in the arse!)

It’s laziness on our part as whenever we attempt to knuckle down and plan it all, something else crops up and the remodelling gets left at the wayside. My motivation isn’t what it once was unfortunately. :/

Chittagong

Gold Member
It’s been a long year. Our new flat had a massive leak last November, and it took a year to fight the insurance companies to get everything repaired. Nevertheless, we are finally back in.

We are getting a full set of photos done and I’ll post them on GAF when done, but wanted to share an early look to our living room.

d3259915-f1c1-469a-b17cry.jpeg

Sony 85x9505B TV, Genelec 8351 speakers. A bespoke media unit, with Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Switch and a Titan X Pascal gaming PC, through a Marantz 8802a AV amp. Hatches for Switch and PlayStation VR. Togo sofas from Ligne Roset.

It’s been a long year. Our new flat had a massive leak last November, and it took a year to fight the insurance companies to get everything repaired. Nevertheless, we are finally back in.

We are getting a full set of photos done and I’ll post them on GAF when done, but wanted to share an early look to our living room.

d3259915-f1c1-469a-b17cry.jpeg

Sony 85x9505B TV, Genelec 8351 speakers. A bespoke media unit, with Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Switch and a Titan X Pascal gaming PC, through a Marantz 8802a AV amp. Hatches for Switch and PlayStation VR. Togo sofas from Ligne Roset.
Really, really, really like this one. Can't wait until you show us the rest of the house :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom