• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

keraj37

He's a bit far actually for that tv size, that is the perfect distance for 55". The more you in, the more immersion. Just don't go this far: :lollipop_downcast_sweat:

NVIDIA-HP-BFGD-CES-2018.jpg
Yep, I sit like this in front of my 65" and it is great look
zWGHywr.jpg

Woffls

very much work in progress as i have just moved in. new tv cabinet arriving next week; centre speaker, amp and turntable will sit on top; unit will be filled with consoles; tv will go on wall.

then i will have to redo all of it so that the electricians can run the ethernet cable they forgot to put in ☹️☹️ worth it in the end.

FUr3nT9.jpg

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
very much work in progress as i have just moved in. new tv cabinet arriving next week; centre speaker, amp and turntable will sit on top; unit will be filled with consoles; tv will go on wall.

then i will have to redo all of it so that the electricians can run the ethernet cable they forgot to put in ☹️☹️ worth it in the end.

FUr3nT9.jpg

Kinect and a N64. My man

Woffls

Kinect and a N64. My man
hah i think kinect is great for voice commands... or at least used to be. i had to but a 3rd party adapter for it and now i cant say “xbox on” 🤷🏻‍♂️

n64 is one of two, the other being my original from 1998 and i want to keep it nice and safe.

D.Final

Banned
Getting ready to buy my first house and move out of a bad neighborhood/grungy apartment so everything is pretty barebones and doesn't hold a candle to the veritable "gaming museums"/home theaters some of you have. Someday! I'll post these now for posterity anyway.
Main gaming space:
11.jpg

Night Mode:
1.jpg

Pretty easy to set up for room-scale VR - when the cats and dogs get out of the way. I find I'm too lazy to commit to VR unless the moving of furniture takes under 30 seconds:
14.jpg

TV/console space - I sold my last-gen consoles because I never used them. Got a Switch in there and maybe someday the other two:
4.jpg

Desktop space. The Griffin protects the setup from evil spirits/mojo:
8.jpg

Night time:
5.jpg

Every PC should be on rollers. Its amazing. Also, shiny new HMD:
12.jpg

Slick little Rainmeter setup so I don't need to have Afterburner open constantly. Love having this right there on a second monitor:
10.jpg

Bonus - Music space/other side of the room. Rejoice, fellow guitar nerds. Keyboard is usually hooked up to the PC but not right now:
2.jpg

I'll post again when/if COVID ever lets me buy that damn house!
Awesome studio here

Rex_DX

Gold Member
That's an LG-34GK950G. It's a great monitor when it works. It started showing some severe horizontal banding a month after the warranty expired.

To their credit, LG took it back and sent me a brand new model no questions asked. Only took ten days, too.

Nitty_Grimes Nitty_Grimes

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
No changes;

xQyHvEo.jpg

6NWSj2z.jpg

Went minimalist. Got a PS3 super slim not pictured, Switch, n3DS and OG Vita to complete things.

Getting a PS5 digital next year when they’re readily available for the main TV.
Not a full body shot, but the rest of the family;

Fe8l4RZ.jpg

d0Ffz5K.jpg

Switch case was a Japanese official import. Can’t recall the name. Looks super smart, like a leather-bound book when it’s closed.

rofif

Banned
Finally finished my cable management. The hdmi 2.1 cable that comes with ps5 is so short !
KGn57Ls.jpg

Edit: the monitor is 27" 4k ips. It's not so small in reality. I would upgrade to 42 lg oled if it releases this year and is prices sensibly... Of course then I have to get rid of presonus speakers.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Finally finished my cable management. The hdmi 2.1 cable that comes with ps5 is so short !
KGn57Ls.jpg

Edit: the monitor is 27" 4k ips. It's not so small in reality. I would upgrade to 42 lg oled if it releases this year and is prices sensibly... Of course then I have to get rid of presonus speakers.
It's so clean
Good job

Calverz

KGn57Ls.jpg

Needs a series x in there 😉

Rex_DX

Gold Member
I finally found time to clear off all the liquor bottles and lines of coke from my desk and take a proper photo. Place is still messy, but it is what it is.

JijpgkG.jpg

1byT92V.jpg

dlvgQGZ.jpg

So damn dusty.

Needs more liquor bottles. 0/10.

Actually though it's a nice and cozy space. I like the desk.

Topher

Gold Member
That's kind a weird pair of monitors you have Topher Topher - is that just what you've ended up with or is that by design?

By design. The large one is 43". Obviously for gaming. I am a developer (not gaming) and so I need a second, but two 43" monitors isn't easy. The second one is a 32". I need to be able to see code in one monitor and the execution in another. Not typical, obviously, but it works for me.

Jetpac

3x Acer Predator X35
1 ASUS ROG Swift PG-UQ
1 65 inch LG 8k nano Cell

PS4Pro/PS5 XboxSeriesX/XboxoneX
Valve Index VR
Killer Instinct arcade cabinet

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
KGn57Ls.jpg

Your cable game is on point.

NikuNashi

KGn57Ls.jpg

We need some under the hood shots of how you are keeping all your cables out of view. Damn.

rofif

Banned
We need some under the hood shots of how you are keeping all your cables out of view. Damn.
haha sure:
jLsqk8i.jpg

I recommend these FIXA cable holders from ikea and just zip ties. I've bought 600 some time ago and I've used like 200 already. Best course of action when adding new cables to the system is usually to cut everything down and star anew :p
It's quite enjoyable.
here is a pic few months ago (pre 3080 and pre ps5) I have of the back of my desk. Now it's a bit better
L7nb13f.jpg

NikuNashi

haha sure:
jLsqk8i.jpg

I recommend these FIXA cable holders from ikea and just zip ties. I've bought 600 some time ago and I've used like 200 already. Best course of action when adding new cables to the system is usually to cut everything down and star anew :p
It's quite enjoyable.
here is a pic few months ago (pre 3080 and pre ps5) I have of the back of my desk. Now it's a bit better
L7nb13f.jpg

Thanks man, I'm gonna take inspiration and try to declutter all my cables 👍

Ma-Yuan

Imagine arguing with these guys about games. Wow!

I guess it would not go that bad 🤣 I recently joined a Facebook retro gaming group... quiet big 11k plus members and was astonished how many people have no deep or near to no knowledge about retro games in that group. That requires some serious ease of mind when I read what they write. But I am always polite. 😬

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I guess it would not go that bad 🤣 I recently joined a Facebook retro gaming group... quiet big 11k plus members and was astonished how many people have no deep or near to no knowledge about retro games in that group. That requires some serious ease of mind when I read what they write. But I am always polite. 😬
Nevertheless, just remind me that picture if we ever express different/opposite opinions in any other game(especially retro) related thread pls :messenger_grinning: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom