• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Culture

Neo Member
My oldest son enjoing my desk gaming area 😂
9qSA8pS.jpg
n3pm7HF.jpg
v2tcfF9.jpg
Where did you get that pac-man lol. I want one

baphomet

I'm just gonna post some of my gaming shit since aside from my PS5 and PC most of it gets brought out when I want to play it. It's just a miniscule fraction of my stuff though.

Not sure if they're in order but my PC with a 5900x and 3090, Sega 16 E-Swat PCB I converted into a multi, modded DMG, GBA Consolizer, and a Darksoft CPS-2 multi.

akZp6Vp.jpg

P5Hc6M6.jpg

nB12JSm.jpg

ACQLE1Q.jpg

Gn2paao.jpg

Now im working on other two shelves for Nes, MegaDrive, Master System, Dreamcast and 3DO!

Currently hooked on my tv: Snes, N64, Saturn, Ps1, Ps2, Ps3, Ps4, Wii, Xbox 360, Xbox one.

93mSqvd.jpg

For Snes, Saturn, N64, Ps1 im using AV to Hdmi (looks great on my 60" oled, and playing in "game mode" has ZERO input lag! Wii, Ps2 im using Component to Hdmi, also great image quality and ZERO input lag! The others are all hdmi so...

Tv has 3 hdmi and 2 usb, so i did something cool to change the consoles easily! My 32 flat crt is great to play old consoles, but its now retired, too expansive...

Im also put my notebook on the side of the tv to play some steam games and my doujin collection on the tv! :)

Im happy, but sad at the same time because of my CRT retirement... :'(

10294974_1493779334219136_2066119630240651314_o.jpg

LKLWg7i.jpg

Last edited:
I realized long ago that I would never be satisfied with my collection, and that I'd always be throwing money at it, so I sold EVERYTHING. I had games from every era complete in box, every console, memorabilia, etc. I ended up selling it long ago (I wish I would have waited until the shit came back in vogue during the pandemic), and now just buy consoles, a really nice entertainment system, and sell games when I beat them. It's much more economical and doesn't set off all of my bad habits. I never could narrow my collection down.

That said, this thread is glorious. I hope y'all get to share your setups with people IRL. My nieces and nephews would flip if they saw all of this. You can't emulate the feeling of grabbing a game from the shelf and playing it on the original console with the original controller.

zephiross

Here’s the new gaming room ! It’s not quite where I want it to be but it’s getting there. It might be missing a rug and a small plant what do you think ?

o0z1ZmR.jpg

BPutSYM.jpg

From this point of view (taken from a very comfortable sofa) you can admire my LG C9 which is hooked to my PS5 and PC :

1kvQvFF.jpg

(Can’t wait)
So here we are !

I moved in a month ago and still have a bit of work to do around the house but it's almost done. Here's the gaming room:

Gd09cwo.jpg

pTdoiSd.jpg

Na012zb.jpg

n7VSodS.jpg

I haven't bothered with cable management too much yet cause I'm hanging the TV to the wall next week when I'm receiving a new soundbar (LG SP11RA)

So hardware wise, there is:

LG 55C9 for PS5 and PC
Some older gen consoles tucked away in the TV stand (PS4 Pro, PS3, PS Vita, Xbox ONE X, 2DS). The switch is downstair in the living room.

PC Specs are as follow:

RTX 3080
i7 10700KF
16Gb RAM

and a 3440*1440@100hz 21/9 screen

I'm very happy with the space and it's a pleasant place to be even for non-gaming activities.

Where I spend most of my gaming time. Rtx 3090 Omen with i9 12900k (and a curved Samsung Odyssey G7)
I have the PS5 and Switch in the loft living room next to this little "gaming office/studio".
t7On6y7.jpg
lovely, I really like the Omen series of rigs HP puts out. I picked up a 2080ti config a couple years ago and have been really impressed with the component selection. Good stuff.

lovely, I really like the Omen series of rigs HP puts out. I picked up a 2080ti config a couple years ago and have been really impressed with the component selection. Good stuff.
They look good, but the thermal properties of the (my) case (have one with watercooling) are full on ass...

Hohenheim

They look good, but the thermal properties of the (my) case (have one with watercooling) are full on ass...
I have the one with the cryo chamber. That might sound like a gimmick, but it works very well! I have aboslutely no cooling problems, and the rig never gets anywhere close to very hot. Very, very satisfied.

Grechy34

I realized long ago that I would never be satisfied with my collection, and that I'd always be throwing money at it, so I sold EVERYTHING. I had games from every era complete in box, every console, memorabilia, etc. I ended up selling it long ago (I wish I would have waited until the shit came back in vogue during the pandemic), and now just buy consoles, a really nice entertainment system, and sell games when I beat them. It's much more economical and doesn't set off all of my bad habits. I never could narrow my collection down.

That said, this thread is glorious. I hope y'all get to share your setups with people IRL. My nieces and nephews would flip if they saw all of this. You can't emulate the feeling of grabbing a game from the shelf and playing it on the original console with the original controller.

Damn I feel you. Whenever I add to the collection I feel like that's it, that's the final piece. A little while later I'm thinking about the next collectors piece.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Damn I feel you. Whenever I add to the collection I feel like that's it, that's the final piece. A little while later I'm thinking about the next collectors piece.

I am in the process of selling around half my collection. What helped me was “did I love this game? Will I play it in the next 2 years?” If the answer is no, I sell it.

Mind you most of that money has gone directly into funding an equally terrible money sink if a hobby - warhammer - but at least I save some room :D

Ma-Yuan

Upgrade my tate mode station with a Psone. Next lvl will be my third Japanese Saturn but it's waiting at my parents in law house for a pick if ever have the money to visit them with my wife and kids again 😂💵 if that works out I have saturn in every of my three rooms set up for gaming 😂
cJCJSb9.jpg
ejx1oFT.jpg

Thebonehead

Banned
Main Screen is Alienware 38 aw3821dw
A secondary dell 25" 2k ultrasharp
Asus to the side is for a mame build I'm currently putting together along with an old Intel Nuc.
K95 RGB PLATINUM Keyboard
Stream Deck XL
Blue Ice mic
Logitech web cam
Steelseries Artics 7x headset
Alienware Mouse
Herman Miller Aeron 2 chair
VR Headset is a HP Reverb G2

PC Specs:
32GB DDR4 3200Mhz ( Due an Upgrade at some point. I was waiting for DDR5 to pair with the 12900k but nothing was available at the time so went with a DDR4 mobo)
2 x M.2 2Tb
1 x 2TB SSD
1 x 1TB SSD
3080 RTX GPU ( Soon to be 4090 when i can source )

P1g7wLY.jpg
T5duBVB.jpg

Sim equipment. You can also see my Roland MC-707 just to the right
40UKk4I.jpg

Living Room:
XSX Halo Edition
PS5
Switch
Wii U
Nvidia Shield
TZ7FgJu.jpg

Latest edition for the PC. 2TB P5 Plus M.2
46U4bQv.jpg

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Any suggestions for overflowing ps4 games?
As you can see, overflow on top shelf and it lands in the bottom cabinet of shame.
The shelf is ikea KALLAX. Controllers are kept in the drawer under the pc on the right here.
2 years ago I've moved top shelf higher to make room for games and ps5. So I think this is fine.
I see few possible ways:
1)
-Move old 360 and it's game down there to the cabinet of shame.
-Put ps5 and wedding ring hand there but it will be a bit low... I like that it's on the desk level now
-move ps5 shelf left after ps5 higher to make another games shelf under the top one/
2)
-Put small half board next to the ps5 in place of hand. ps5/4 games could occupy 2 levels there
-Then hand and crap moves somewhere else.
-Xbox stays
3)
-xbox and games out.
-Overflow games just there.... bottom, hard to see... shame....
-too much leftover space left. Not enough to put a divider and another level of games though
Do I need a whole new cabinet ? :p
I kinda don't like this desk anymore... looks heavy and cheap... maybe because it was is :p So new desk suggestions(possible ikea since it's close) are welcome

w68rrME.jpg

dZczKL3.jpg

MUIzEp5.jpg

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
As you can see, overflow on top shelf and it lands in the bottom cabinet of shame.
The shelf is ikea KALLAX. Controllers are kept in the drawer under the pc on the right here.
2 years ago I've moved top shelf higher to make room for games and ps5. So I think this is fine.
I see few possible ways:
1)
-Put ps5 and wedding ring hand there but it will be a bit low... I like that it's on the desk level now
-move ps5 shelf left after ps5 higher to make another games shelf under the top one/
2)
-Put small half board next to the ps5 in place of hand. ps5/4 games could occupy 2 levels there
-Xbox stays
3)
-xbox and games out.
-too much leftover space left. Not enough to put a divider and another level of games though
I kinda don't like this desk anymore... looks heavy and cheap... maybe because it was is :p So new desk suggestions(possible ikea since it's close) are welcome

w68rrME.jpg

dZczKL3.jpg

MUIzEp5.jpg
What's the wooden hand for?

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I see few possible ways:
1)
2)
-Xbox stays
3)
-xbox and games out.

w68rrME.jpg

dZczKL3.jpg

MUIzEp5.jpg

What is your budget and roughly how much work do you want to do?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
What is your budget and roughly how much work do you want to do?
Don't think I want to go spending spree since it's all looking pretty good. Would probably need to replace desk and the two shelving units.
Woudn't want to spend more than 2-300 for a desk though
edit: re-arranging would be ok :p

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I see few possible ways:
1)
2)
-Xbox stays
3)
-xbox and games out.

w68rrME.jpg

dZczKL3.jpg

MUIzEp5.jpg
Wtf how does the 360 look so small compared to the PS5? That thing was a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom