• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show Us Your Motorcycles - The Thread

keraj37

hey, you can't beat the sound of a two stroke! that's what I was raised on. my first bike was a KX80 (that I eventually blew up) and a while back I owned a KX500 for a while (that I broke 3 vertebrae riding the first day i owned it). that bike was a legit beast and I honestly regret selling it but I was moving and didn't need so many bikes.

Two stroke sound is great but 4 strokes 350 and above are equally great IMHO.

KX is same family as my KMX (bascily the same bike with minor changes), and for those who don't know the beast KX500, here it is:
(It can produce up to 70HP which is crazy high)

iu

keraj37

made a little montage of some throwaway footy

Please name your footage: "Living an American dream". South US vast deserts look like paradise for guys like you. I live in Europe and I have some space to ride around me, mainly forests, but what you show in your vids is like I said: living a dream come true.
Signed, jealous European.

ccrruuxx

Neo Member
Please name your footage: "Living an American dream". South US vast deserts look like paradise for guys like you. I live in Europe and I have some space to ride around me, mainly forests, but what you show in your vids is like I said: living a dream come true.
Signed, jealous European.
Haha thanks man but I bet I could find some awesome spots in Europe to ride unless you're really at risk for getting stopped by the police all the time (I get harassed but I always run), hell half of that video is me riding illegally!
next month im moving though to some forested tight single track riding and im super excited for that, though there will be much less amounts of public land.

keraj37

Haha thanks man but I bet I could find some awesome spots in Europe to ride unless you're really at risk for getting stopped by the police all the time (I get harassed but I always run), hell half of that video is me riding illegally!
next month im moving though to some forested tight single track riding and im super excited for that, though there will be much less amounts of public land.

Nothing comes close to american deserts like in your vids, mate. But I cannot complain - I live basically surrounded by wild forests and no one is stoping my legal enduro.

I was actually about to ask you, why not to change to enduro and drive legally without a chance of being stopped by police?
I know you can run always - police has no chance, but one day they may just ask around about dirt biker from neighborhood and catch you anyway.

keraj37

And here is my first bike - I got it when I was 8 years old or so, I don't remember exactly - boy, it was fun!
Also it is very simple 2 stroke bike so good introduction into fixing and servicing your own machine.

Whooping 1.5HP on board! Nothing could stop me when I reached 25Mph - I was like a rocket!

iu

ccrruuxx

Neo Member
Nothing comes close to american deserts like in your vids, mate. But I cannot complain - I live basically surrounded by wild forests and no one is stoping my legal enduro.

I was actually about to ask you, why not to change to enduro and drive legally without a chance of being stopped by police?
I know you can run always - police has no chance, but one day they may just ask around about dirt biker from neighborhood and catch you anyway.
The desert does get boring after a while though! riding wide open all the time is only so fun, that's why I try to switch it up and ride stuff that's a little technical like in my last vid.
it's always greener on the other side though as the saying goes! I think it'd be cool as hell to ride around areas like yours with so much history.

keraj37

The desert does get boring after a while though! riding wide open all the time is only so fun, that's why I try to switch it up and ride stuff that's a little technical like in my last vid.
it's always greener on the other side though as the saying goes! I think it'd be cool as hell to ride around areas like yours with so much history.

You are most likely right, here is how looks riding in my parts of the World:

keraj37

My new bike - KLX 650. So far I am enjoying riding it a lot. A bit heavy for a dirt bike (150 kg) but I will make it lighter by installing plastic parts instead of metal - like gas tank. Hopefully it will go down to 120 kg.

AAZmjFR.jpg

TrainedRage

Banned
My new bike - KLX 650. So far I am enjoying riding it a lot. A bit heavy for a dirt bike (150 kg) but I will make it lighter by installing plastic parts instead of metal - like gas tank. Hopefully it will go down to 120 kg.

AAZmjFR.jpg
650cc?

Last edited:
That sound :messenger_smiling_hearts: What is the top speed you achieved with this sweet ride?
According to gearingcommander.com, 209mph.

*edit, I changed the bikes original gearing and the speedo stops at 190, so I calcuted the MPH based off RPM and the final drive ratio.

Last edited:

Garibaldi

Yup, a few other Lightech stuff too (bobbins, frame/axle sliders). They are mint tho. All bikes should just use the same style system out of the box. They clean the swingarm up so much too.

EDIT: crap. Just realised you mean't the sliders. I thought you mean't the chain adjusters. Still, yeah Lightech.

Last edited:

Garibaldi

Yeah, love Lightech chain adjusters. Your running a DiD 520 chain?

It's DID but the pitch is the standard 525. I'd neglected the oem chain after a rough bit of weather followed by an injury so I never got it cleaned up in months. It got badly rusted as a result, so I just didn't trust it anymore. Since it only had about 2000 miles on it I figured the sprockets would be fine with just a fresh chain.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm an eurourbanite so I did the rational thing and use a kymco scooter. Not terribly exciting in the grand scheme of things, but I ride daily and lets me easily weave in and out of traffic.

I always want to go out and get a bigger bike but when I think about using it for my daily commutes I groan at the difference in practicality between a scooter and a bike...

Maybe this year I get myself a big bike, we'll see.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I figure since my username is based on my motorcycle, I should probably share it.

2007 Yamaha R6.

I've had it since 2014 and have ridden it across multiple states on week-long trips. I've been up Pikes Peak and out to Tail of the Dragon.

The bike styling was ahead of it's time. I have a full Yoshi exhaust on it and it sounds amazing.

yKwxysT.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom