• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shu Yoshida: You can look back at what we did for Gamescom in the past (for PGW)

In the latest podcast episode of PS I Love You, XOXO, Shu was asked by Colin Moriarty on the "scale" of their PGW event and what to expect out of it.

To which Shu replied : "In terms of positioning of press conference for PGW, it is exactly the position that we used to have for Gamescom. So, you can look back at what we did for Gamescom in the past." (for PGW)

Question and response starts at 1:26:10 in the podcast.

While many of us have long correctly guessed that PGW is basically just a reshuffling of their Gamescom show, this is the first time a Sony executive confirms it.

hawk2025

Yaaaaayyyyy small weird games, my favorite!

Yes!

Happy about this as well :)

These were the WWS featured at Gamescom 2014:

Until Dawn: Though first glimpsed for PS3 at Gamescom 2012, interactive horror Until Dawn is now on PS4
WiLD: Your first glimpse at the incredible new title from Michel Ancel, the legendary creator of Rayman and Beyond Good & Evil
The Tomorrow Children: PixelJunk studio Q-Games return with a wonderfully eccentric new title for PS4
Alienation: Dead Nation/Resogun studio Housemarque return with a frenetic sci-fi shooter
Tearaway Unfolded: Media Molecule’s acclaimed PS Vita adventure comes to PS4 in a special expanded edition
Rime

This was third party stuff:
PT
Hellblade
Hollow Point
Volume
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Papers Please
Nom Nom Galaxy
Snow
In Space We Brawl
Dreamfall Chapters
Pix the Cat
Ether One
Runemaster
Q.U.B.E 2.

oti

Banned
Totally forgot Paris Games Week was still coming. Games wise the year feels pretty much over for me after Mario Maker and MGS somehow.

Hmm sounds smaller than some were expecting but still a cool event. I hope the stuff they announce doesn't take forever though. I'm still waiting for Rime and Wild :-(

What is PGW
Paris Games Week. You remember how this forum was 100% Microsoft talk during Gamescom? It's because Sony skipped it in favour of a later event, the aforementioned Paris Games Week. So, yeah, expect this forum to be 100% Sony talk during the last week of October.

Lucreto

Good news, Sony's GamesCom conferences have been usually better than E3 but this year is the exception.

Past GamesComs they announced price cuts, redesigns and the first reveal of the PS4 hardware.

Also where is the hype thread for Paris? TGS had one running for weeks.

I am expecting Media Molecule, Quantic Dream and possibly Ubisoft with Far Cry Primal. Then Horizon as well.

Blobbers

Yaaaaayyyyy small weird games, my favorite!

Fudge that. Zoetis said this will be better than E3 and that's exactly what I'm expecting. My hype is basically through the roof right now. I can only be disappointed.

ep1I825.jpg

Camjo-Z

Like with all Sony conferences, I will hold wild expectations of grand PS1 revivals and then complain when they show interesting indies and new IP.

First time I can't attend PGW (I went every year since it started) because I'm out of the country and fucking Sony is hosting a conference...

Rymuth

Dount we'll see more of Hellblade, given how they're taking it in a different direction.

Still, give me more surprise announcements ala WiLD and I'll be happy.

I thought this was expected. Sony specifically said that they wasn't going to have a GDC conference this year because it was too close to E3, so they picked PGW instead.

Guri

So, a spiritual successor to Silent Hill by the original team?

I know it won't happen, but let me dream, people!

Lingitiz

Time for more small game announcements that dissappear into the ether never to be seen again!

In all honestly though the games that are showed at Gamescom are cool, but it's crazy that this is the 3rd one (in a matter of speaking) and Rime is still not out or even seemingly close to release.

Arzehn

I feel like PGW is too close to TGS and PSX. Feels like any megaton (to me) would have been announced at TGS already or saved for PSX.

I'm lacking hype right now, maybe it's for the best.

salromano

I feel like PGW is too close to TGS and PSX. Feels like any megaton (to me) would have been announced at TGS already or saved for PSX.

I'm lacking hype right now, maybe it's for the best.

TGS is a Japaneese show for Japanese devs. This is a European show for European devs. You wouldn't see things from Quantic Dream, Sony Bend, etc. announced at TGS. Shows like E3 and PSX are anything goes for the most part.

Zukkoyaki

Gamescom has never had "big" game announcements?
Depends on your definition of big. Usually we get more mid-tier first party games like last year's Tearaway and Until Dawn. If we're talking legit AAA games, I think the last one was Resistance 3 in 2010.

I wouldn't completely write off the possibility of Gran Turismo 7 but I think expectations for it have dropped.

I still think we're going to see Quantic Dream's new game as the big announcement of the show.

Top Bottom