• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shuhei Yoshida confirms all games at Sony conference shown on standard PS4

When asked by someone on Twitter:

MmzpIIc.jpg

Figured it was good to clear this up since a lot of people (myself included) wondered if some of it was maybe running on Neo.

Lock if old news

CHC

Horizon was the big one for me, it looked significantly better than the last demo. But God of War 4 also had some wondering, I think.

You can see the limits though. Namely the foliage pop-in after a fairly small radius. The game still looks fantastic, but to me it's well within "believable" territory, especially considering Guerilla's pedigree.

Skittles

kind of the problem with new hardware this early in the gen, we don't even know what games are supposed to look like yet.

Zophar

None of the showcased games stuck out to me as not being possible on stock PS4 hardware. They all looked within batting distance of what Uncharted 4 already pulled off effortlessly, and will have additional months, maybe even years worth of hardware maturity to work with.

People also forget that SSM and Guerilla are every bit the technical peers of Naughty Dog, too.

First thing I thought of.

Yeah just like that Uncharted 4 downgrade amirite

Nothing shown really looked mindshatteringly good enough to cause any concern here. Not sure why people are so suspicious.

Sony wants people to see the clear difference in a Neo-enhanced game, they're not going to try to secretly show them without saying anything.

Vinc

The fact that the question had to be asked says it all about the visual quality of the games shown. Beautiful, beautiful games.

acevans2

After millions of people just played Uncharted 4, I'm shocked that there's numerous people who find it hard to believe the things we saw were on different hardware. The PS4 can do a lot, and we likely haven't even seen the best yet.

To avoid upsetting current PS4 owners, I think it would be in Sony's best interest to feature souped up version of previously released games like Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, etc, when they fully reveal NEO.

KZObsessed

God of War
Days Gone
Horizon: Zero Dawn

All looked phenomenal. Probably the best looking games I've ever seen actually.

Daria

This is reassuring. Pushing me closer to asking who needs a Neo anytime soon if the current console can produce the things we saw at E3 so far.

mieumieu

It does not mean anything. Games can be running on standard PS4 while rendered in-engine for 4K resolution in 5fps for example, and then all frames are collected to make a video. Ya know, like a tiny render farm.

Crayon

Horizon, GOW, Days Gone, Spiderman, Detroit, GT Sport.

They all looked really good graphically. Good enough to cause doubts.

Other than God of War, non of them looked as good as Uncharted 4, which we all know runs on a standard PS4 while looking as good as it does.

Nafai1123

Banned
It does not mean anything. Games can be running on standard PS4 while rendered in-engine for 4K resolution in 5fps for example, and then all frames are collected to make a video. Ya know, like a tiny render farm.

They were actually played on-stage...so no?

Bl@de

I don't get how people don't believe this after we've seen Uncharted 4

I agree. Good looking games are definetly possible on PS4. I hope Naughty Dog shares the anti-aliasing method they used with other studios. Perfect post processing anti-aliasing. Not as good as supersampling but perfect for consoles.

Macrotus

Including Microsoft, they need to be ready to be asked this every E3 or everytime they show something...

Like, "was that running on Standard PS4/XBO or Neo/Scorpio".
I know I would be curious every time they showed something.

Top Bottom