• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shuhei Yoshida teases "very exciting" E3 plans

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
How does one get "Juniored"? What did you do lol

Make joke threads, post fake news as real, make threads with banned sites as source or make dumb threads in general.

Posting "news" from parody sites (and failing to recognise them as such) is the easist way to go if you in the future should miss your tag prefix

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
But I thought Shinobi was banned...?

Shu said exactly what any other company representative would say.

cripterion

Not hyped for what Sony has to show at all, especially knowing they got Morpheus in the oven.

I'll take my trailers of The Order, Last Of Us Remaster, UC4.

UrbanRats

"We're preparing nothing exciting, for this year's E3"

I hope we can see how meaningless this quote really is.

Make joke threads, post fake news as real, make threads with banned sites as source or make dumb threads in general.

Posting "news" from parody sites (and failing to recognise them as such) is the easist way to go if you in the future should miss your tag prefix
Also calling someone else a "Junior" as a legit rebuttal.

Sony's E3 could be really special. I think we'll get a variety of games hitting particular notes that please different sectors of the fanbase.

-Quantic Dream: shows off a game that takes the crown in graphics. If it's even at least the quality of The Dark Sorcerer demo, then boy are we in for some jaw dropping visuals, even beyond what we see from the other first party titles. Not to mention QD's unique style of gameplay will make sure this stands out. [New IP]
Likeliness of showing up at E3: Medium (not that much time has passed since Beyond shipped, and Sony seems reluctant to reveal games whose release is far out)

-Ready At Dawn: shows The Order 1886, which scratches the new IP itch. This could become the next big franchise for Sony. Unique setting (dat neo Victorian era), unique characters, and coming from a studio with a strong history. I personally cannot wait to finally see the hybrid enemies, and the pseudo-scientific weaponry in action. [New IP]
Likeliness of showing up at E3: Very High (supposed to release this year)

-Naughty Dog: The new Uncharted. This is the one that will be remembered most for the spectacle. What grand level design will they come up with next!? Its Naughty Dog, this will be a show stopper.

-Japan Studio: The Demon's Souls spiritual sequel. Sony's big first party japanese RPG. At its core it will probably maintain the gameplay mechanics of the Souls series, but we finally get it on next gen. [New IP]
Likeliness of showing up at E3: High (hinted by people in the know on GAF for quite a while)

-Guerrilla Games: Rumor has it these guys have been working on an RPG with a fantasy setting. We know they excel at visuals and effects, and I imagine the genre lends itself better to story telling than an FPS. And these guys can be good at story telling, the written history of the Killzone universe shows as much. When these guys introduced flawless cover mechanics to Killzone 2 and 3, it set the games apart from other shooters. I wonder if they can do something similar with an RPG. [New IP]
Likeliness of showing up at E3: Low-Medium (seems like a big project that is too far off)

-Media Molecule: I don't really know about this one. Are they fully dedicated to VR, which may still be a ways off from releasing, or will they have a game for PS4? Whatever it is, it's time for these guys to show off their next game. And with MM's pedigree, it should be a delight for everyone. [New IP]
Likeliness of showing up at E3: Unknown

-Indies: Guaranteed hype moment. Previously shown ones, and new ones. Hope to see a release date for The Wtiness, and more from games like Rime, Shadow of the Beast, etc. And of course some new titles!
Likeliness of showing up at E3: Guaranteed

The usual suspects:
-Destiny: Could be the biggest game of this year.
-DriveClub: Racer fans and PS+ users are frothing at the mouth for this. If they can keep gameplay and visuals at the same level they have most recently showed, and only used the delay to add content, then this one should be quite spectacular. [New IP]
-Assassins Creed: Ubisoft is bound to show up at Sony's conference.

Others:
Might be relegated to pre-E3 or other events, but would like to see news on Planetside 2, Lily Bergamo, Primal, other 3rd part games (FFXV and KH3). I'm putting FFXV and KH3 in this category because I saw an insider mention those two might be cut from E3 since Sony has to juggle so much else.

Wild Card/Trump Card:
-Team ICO: The Last Guardian. Nuff said.
Likeliness of showing up at E3: :(

That seems like the making of an awesome press conference to me.

Sony E3: Return of the #Thirst

iTVrmWrRkivOO.gif

Neff

If it's not Japanese then I don't give a shit.

And even if it is, that doesn't necessarily mean I give a shit.

Come on, PS4. Impress me.

SMS had three games in development and only one was cancelled.

do you have a source for that by any chance? really curious.

I wouldn't expect the 3rd game to be that big in scope, if there is a third game.

I think Stig's cancelled IP and Cory's GoW are the two big ones, maybe there is a smaller one.

Lynq

Banned
Why even make a thread about silly PR talk :D

Anyone remember when devs/publishers were like: "Oh no, this E3 will be really boring, nothing to see here guys, stay at homes"?

RalchAC

- Phantasy Star Online 2 English PS4 Edtion

Handled by SOE. PS4/PC/Vita localization.

It's not happening :(

Sony's E3 could be really special. I think we'll get a variety of games hitting particular notes that please different sectors of the fanbase.

I think we could see a Beyond: Two Souls PS4 version instead of a new game. Maybe and Uncharted Collection too. I think they could announce that Guerrilla IP too. If archery works like Dragon's Dogma it's sold unless it's absolutely terrible outside that.

I think we'll see DriveClub at both E3 and GamesCom. Probably the same with the Order. We'll see some Uncharted footage too (though it'll be a 2015 title, maybe March) and maybe Guerrilla new IP. They've been working for around 3 years. A next-gen open world RPG with Guerrilla technology expertise is something with potential to hype a lot of people. And E3 is all about building hype.

There will be some 3rd parties (Destiny, FFXV, some Ubisoft and Indie stuff) and maybe some Japan Studio game.

They'll talk about how the PS3 is still getting strong support and will talk about cross-gen games and maybe some Japanese one and they'll change the yearly PS3 IGC games.

They'll disapoint Vita users like they always do in E3, we'll rant for 3-4 days, then we'll move on and SCEE will please us in GamesCom.

cebri.one

It'll be a good show, but last years will remain more impactful overall in terms of general perception. You had the 'surprise' announcements of FFXV and Kingdom Hearts 3, The Order reveal, as well as $399 which was a huge way to launch the PS4. This year you don't really have an equivalent to $399 and whilst there are surprises, I don't personally think they match the combined impact of FFXV and KH3. Granted different people have different perspectives so for example if something like The Last Guardian showed up it would mean a lot more to them, even though it's technically a much smaller commercial deal than the aforementioned.

Plus I think people have skewed expectations. There has to be more, more, more. I remember there being a lot of people really disappointed with last years conference.

Well people compared it with MS E3 which was pretty good in terms of the ammount of games showed. I would be pretty happy if they showed 2-3 new IPs, it doesn't matter whether they are first or third party, i just want to see new games and concepts. FFXV and KH are fine, but they are all more of the same.

Foshy

trying my hand at some "realistic" expectations

Delay (5 min)
- because it's not a sony presentation if it doesn't start too late

Intro (15 min)
- traditional intro montage
- PS4 sales talk, fastest selling console ever yadda yadda, "our fans are amazing, thank you"
- some PS Now talk, beta will open up to Europe too
- "we've announced project morpheus this year and reaction has been great"
- "we have a lot of ps4 stuff to show today but let's move on to our other console first"

Vita-2000 talk (5 min)
- Borderlands 2 mention
- possibly Infamous Vita announcement

Indie talk (15 min)
- Details for the stuff announced last gamescom + some new ones, both PS4/Vita stuff

Third-Party talk (30 min)
- "PS4 is the best place to play multiplats, most powerful hardware", dev interview video
- Assassin's Creed Unity live gameplay (lasts way too long)
- Destiny live gameplay
- New FFXV trailer, still no release date

PS4 first-party time (40 min)
- The Order 1886 gameplay, release date
- LBP Hub moved to PS4, will launch around august/september
- Media Molecule new IP, supports VR. Will be playable on show floor with Morpheus dev-kits, no release date given though.
- New game from Sony Bend, whatever it is. Playable on showfloor, holiday 2014.
- Guerrilla Games fantasy-RPG new IP reveal, 2015 launch.

"one more thing you've all been waiting for"
- stage goes black
- Uncharted 4 gameplay trailer, 2015 release
- Neil Druckmann steps on stage, talks

after that, suddenly stage goes black again
- Yoshida on stage, says again "one more thing you've all been waiting for"
- The Last Guardian trailer, people freak out
- holiday 2014
- will be delayed at TGS

Jomjom

Banned
FFXV and KH3 were multiplatform, it was nice to see them, but it was hardly a win for Sony.
Yeah i wish they would keep this to a minimum. I feel like gamers these days, especially the ones who follow e3, are more knowledgeable than ever. I really doubt many people are falling for it and thinking these multiplat games are exclusive. I just see these as a waste of stage time.

If you are gonna show the game like its an exclusive actually get the exclusivity like Titanfall, or at least like how MS has major exclusive maps with CoD, or long timed exclusives like PvZ.

FFXV and KH3 were multiplatform, it was nice to see them, but it was hardly a win for Sony.

I disagree. Those franchises are heavily tied to Playstation especially Kh3 and their reactions, especially for the latter, were overwhelmingly positive. I'm pretty sure KH3 was the biggest game reveal of E3 2013 and it was at the Sony conference.

FFXV and KH3 will definitely sell more PS4's than something like a new Souls game.

Jomjom

Banned
I disagree. Those franchises are heavily tied to Playstation especially Kh3 and their reactions, especially for the latter, were overwhelmingly positive. I'm pretty sure KH3 was the biggest game reveal of E3 2013 and it was at the Sony conference.

FFXV and KH3 will definitely sell more PS4's than something like a new Souls game.

But they will also sell xbones because some people will be thinking i can play KH and FF, but on top of that I can also play Halo. With so many FF games having launched multiplat now, i dont think FF is that tied to Playstation anymore.

And so will The Phantom Pain, debuted with MS. I'm sure Rising sold better on PS3, and it debuted with MS. It makes no difference.

Yup just as the vast majority of multiplats Sony showed on their stage during last gen sold better on 360

Jomjom

Banned
Barlog is making GoW4, he all but announced it on Twitter. They weren't making three games.

Santa monica really needs to get some other projects going - GoW is not Halo. Unlike 343 they cant just be known as the GoW studio. They should be doing what ND did with 2 teams.

StuBurns

Banned
Santa monica really needs to get some other projects going - GoW is not Halo. Unlike 343 they cant just be known as the GoW studio. They should be doing what ND did with 2 teams.
Well, they were trying.

We don't even know if ND will be retaining two teams once TLoU HDer ships. It is a more efficient production model though.

And so will The Phantom Pain, debuted with MS. I'm sure Rising sold better on PS3, and it debuted with MS. It makes no difference.

True but why wouldn't you want those games in your conference. They are hugely anticipated great games and I feel E3 is one of the few venues where we will ever see info on them :(

But they will also sell xbones because some people will be thinking i can play KH and FF, but on top of that I can also play Halo. With so many FF games having launched multiplat now, i dont think FF is that tied to Playstation anymore.

Yup just as the vast majority of multiplats Sony showed on their stage during last gen sold better on 360

Err no FF is still massively tied to PS. FF13 sold like 4 times better on PS3 iirc and sold more PS3's simply because of how much of a system seller it is to PS in Japan.

Now that the PS4 is outselling the XB1 everywhere and by some margin its going to be even more skewed.

Just look at MGS GZ.

DieH@rd

Banned
This E3 will be big, and both MS and Sony will bring out their big guns now that launches with "guaranteed" sales are behind them. At last E3 they could have announced just a few games and the console would sell, but now, they need to show us more.

As for 3rd parties, they will feel much more relaxed with nextgen, knowing that install bases are rising with unexpected speed and that oldgen sales are approaching the cliff.

edit -
Well, whatever they do, it can't be worse than last year's in terms of big first party reveals. We basically got nothing but The Order last year, and that's not even developed by a first party studio.

This is exactly what I meant with the 1st part of my post.

Top Bottom