• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shuhei Yoshida teases "very exciting" E3 plans

TomShoe

Banned
But they will also sell xbones because some people will be thinking i can play KH and FF, but on top of that I can also play Halo. With so many FF games having launched multiplat now, i dont think FF is that tied to Playstation anymore.

It's slightly different than that. FF and KHIII will sell a few XBOs, but not nearly as many PS4s. It's because of the brand association with the product. Call of Duty sold much better on 360 than PS3 because it's associated with the Xbox brand because of the timed DLC exclusivity deals and things like that. Chances are, if you're a Call of Duty fan, you're probably on Xbox. The same applies with FF and KHIII. They've been in existence since 1987 and 2002, and have been PlayStation only until 2009 and 2015, respectively. If you love FF and KH, you're probably a PlayStation guy.

Well, they were trying.

We don't even know if ND will be retaining two teams once TLoU HDer ships. It is a more efficient production model though.

I like their model, using a small team for pre-production work, and then shifting the heavy labor over when it's actually time for production. I think whether they keep them depends on the time gap between Uncharted 4 finishing and pre-production ending on whatever they have planned next.

Well, they were trying.

We don't even know if ND will be retaining two teams once TLoU HDer ships. It is a more efficient production model though.

Well, unlike SSM, the difference is that ND still retains practically the entire two-team structure, with the exception of the game/creative director.

We should find out in due time, how ND will tackle that dichotomy. Will they temporarily resettle back into a one-project team lead by BS/ND? Will they hire new directors to fill the gap left by AH/JR? Or will they promote someone internally into new directors? (Josh Scherr, for example?)

I wish Jacob Minkoff and Richard Lemarchand hasn't left ND. I would had liked to see what both of them can do as project leaders.

k4PAxMQ.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well i guess that PS Now and VR alone are already enough to objectively define the E3 exciting, even if the only thing i care of is Vita
:(

All I can say Sony is I want to be surprised. No Last Guardian please, because that won't be a surprise anymore.

And we're all in a good place to be surprised, my expectations are low again, given the almost entire radio silence there's been.

noobasuar

Banned
With Stigs game being cancelled and big change ups with Uncharted 4 I can't see this being anything more than straight up dissapointing.

Expect CG trailers for games that are barely games to appease people somewhat.

Will be interesting to see 1866 after it's pathetic first showing. They have a lot to prove.

With Stigs game being cancelled and big change ups with Uncharted 4 I can't see this being anything more than straight up dissapointing.

Expect CG trailers for games that are barely games to appease people somewhat.

Will be interesting to see 1866 after it's pathetic first showing. They have a lot to prove.

Anyone thinking Stig's game was gonna be at E3 this year was going to be disappointed.

Although I will be surprised if Uncharted 4 is at E3.

FTF

I don't think it's too crazy to say TLG, new Crash, UC4 footage and Project Morpheus...it's a little crazy, but could happen.

noobasuar

Banned
Anyone thinking Stig's game was gonna be at E3 this year was going to be disappointed.

Although I will be surprised if Uncharted 4 is at E3.

I remember reading they were going to have a trailer with no in game footage after they started making big changes to the game before it was cancelled. I'm sure others know what I'm talking about.

Kyoufu

All I can say Sony is I want to be surprised. No Last Guardian please, because that won't be a surprise anymore.

And we're all in a good place to be surprised, my expectations are low again, given the almost entire radio silence there's been.

wat

So you're saying they shouldn't show that game after a long hiatus because you already saw a glimpse of it 5 years ago?

I can't make sense of what you just said :(

todd360

wat

So you're saying they shouldn't show that game after a long hiatus because you already saw a glimpse of it 5 years ago?

Its still new if you haven't played it. Or you know at least seen more than 1 minute of it.

oops I quoted you instead of the person you quoted. Oh well.

I remember reading they were going to have a trailer with no in game footage after they started making big changes to the game before it was cancelled. I'm sure others know what I'm talking about.

The only legit source we have said that a 'trailer was being prepared.' Nothing about in-game stuff or whatnot.

In fact, if we take our secondary sources (shinobi,etc), the game had working gameplay builds with its so-called Dead Space-ish UI, so it was in a shape to showcase gameplay, for whatever its worth.

With that being said, having presentable game-builds doesn't mean anything. Ubisoft and Bioshock Infinite are living proof of 'lol vertical slice.'

sublimit

Banned
I'm curious about the people expecting/hoping to see The Last Guardian...what if it doesn't appear in this E3 either? Will you guys move your expectations to TGS or just finally consider it dead?

Bgamer90

Banned
It's slightly different than that. FF and KHIII will sell a few XBOs, but not nearly as many PS4s. It's because of the brand association with the product. Call of Duty sold much better on 360 than PS3 because it's associated with the Xbox brand because of the timed DLC exclusivity deals and things like that. Chances are, if you're a Call of Duty fan, you're probably on Xbox. The same applies with FF and KHIII. They've been in existence since 1987 and 2002, and have been PlayStation only until 2009 and 2015, respectively. If you love FF and KH, you're probably a PlayStation guy..

Yep. Sony shouldn't pay that much money for special advertising on FF or KH even though they are multiplatform now. It would be a waste since those games are already greatly associated with the Playstation brand.

I'm curious about the people expecting/hoping to see The Last Guardian...what if it doesn't appear in this E3 either? Will you guys move your expectations to TGS or just finally consider it dead?

Yep, Gamescom, TGC, VGCs then tears for christmas and it will all be okay by GDC :( Hope is always there. Hope is all we have *sniff*

Kyoufu

I'll finally consider it dead when Sony states it's no longer in development and Ueda moves on as agreed.

They've been saying the exact opposite of that so I'm just playing the waiting game.

wat

:p

I am one of the biggest fans of Shadow and ICO. I bought a PS3 in 2007 almost solely for "TRICO". I just can't get behind it anymore, is Ueda even there? What does the game mean? Can a 'next-gen' game even have the ability to do what a 'Journey' does?

It's gonna take quite a bit to prove to me, this isn't just a soulless product, riding on the coattails of Shadow and ICO, released to satiate demand. I dunno. I've been waiting a very long time, I don't know what the game is. I just want them to move on, because I have. I want to see what Ueda is doing.

I am sure I can be brought back round. But, I dunno how. I've been waiting for it for too long for it to be worth it.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.

iuKbbMoEBv0Ws.gif

It's not dead, not unless Sony are content with digging themselves a deeper hole every time they reaffirm that it's still in development, and I don't see that happening. If it doesn't show at Sony's conference this year then I'll pout, curse Ueda's name and cross my fingers for next year's E3, because I don't think any of the other events are big enough for a re-reveal of The Last Guardian. I mean, it's possible that it could appear at GamesCom or TGS, but I don't see it happening.

gosoxtim

the only thing i hopping form e3 is a new sly cooper game annoucment, kingdom hearts 3 news or trailer and mortal kombat 10 trailer

Which is it? You don't care, or you want to see it?

Can't a man be confused?

I want them to move on. I don't want to have to think about it anymore. I want it to be dead. I want to see what Ueda does next.

But of course I am curious about the game I anticipated for the best part of a decade. I just don't think it's the game I want anymore.

StuBurns

Banned
Can't a man be confused?

I want them to move on. I don't want to have to think about it anymore. I want it to be dead. I want to see what Ueda does next.

But of course I am curious about the game I anticipated for the best part of a decade. I just don't think it's the game I want anymore.
He hasn't finished an Ico sequel about a cat in nine years, and you're already looking forward to seeing his next game?

And people say people who think it's not canceled are optimistic.

noobasuar

Banned
He hasn't finished an Ico sequel about a cat in nine years, and you're already looking forward to seeing his next game?

I thought he was done making games and was moving on to something else like making playgrounds? Am I just making that up?

I thought he was done making games and was moving on to something else like making playgrounds? Am I just making that up?

That's Keita Takahashi... The Katamari guy. He's working with Robin Hunicke on that teenager simulator.

Hahah.

I mean, if he's not trying to direct a 20mil project, he might be a bit faster.

No, he's still into making games. He was last quoted saying that he would like to do a FPS game after TLG is done.

Of course, that was three years ago back when he first 'left' Sony.

Calling it now, we'll see the first trailer proper for Gravity Rush 2 at E3; it'll be Sony's quick and easy way of appeasing the Vita crowd. They'll swiftly move on afterwards.
I would've even care if it was all the time Vita got, Gravity Rush 2 is gonna be GOAT.

I don't think it's too crazy to say TLG, new Crash, UC4 footage and Project Morpheus...it's a little crazy, but could happen.
Add in Gravity Rush 2 and you've got a pretty easy "Best Conference Ever". Hell, Crash hype alone would shatter skulls.

I hope the "very exciting" announcements include 2014 games, because that's what I'm interested in first and foremost from this year's E3.

I would've even care if it was all the time Vita got, Gravity Rush 2 is gonna be GOAT.

Thats a pretty safe bet since it was already teased.

Seems like a sure thing at this point.

My Wishlist

- PSO 2
- FF Type 0 Vita edition
- Resident Evil Vita (hell just port revelations and patch up this broken relationship)
- Demon Souls 2
- Last Guardian
- Skies of Arcadia HD
- Valkyria Chronicles Collection on Vita

- Monster Hunter Freedom 3 and an announcement for Freedom 4

I could go on..... Most of these are highly unlikely

Top Bottom