• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shuhei Yoshida teases "very exciting" E3 plans

_Nemo

banderas-joel-lego.gif

Artorias

Banned
I actually read the OP, but I figured the Wonderbook part was in the article...I don't know why.

Being one of the twelve people who thought Wonderbook was cool as hell (for its audience) clouded my judgement. I had visions of using it with the new camera. A cruel joke for the twelve of us, I say!

Charcoal

It's gonna be pretty much impossible for me to take a day off to watch the stream, but damn it, I'll do what I have to! Blow it all over my face Wonderbook!

My Sony E3 Prediction

Opening 20 minutes, Montage + "lap of glory" sales segment
20 minutes of "the ps3 is still a thing guys"
10 minutes of "hey guys the vita.... that game you bought 2 years ago for 99c on steam is here... and it costs $19:99"
10 minutes of media / non gaming apps talk. (But still no twitch viewer or youtube)
30 minutes of VR. This year will cement VR is the new motion control. I expect some painful demos here.
15 minute "indie, indie, indie" segment
20 minutes of core PS4 games. Most of which we know about or was shown last year. Only 1 new SCE developed exclusive announced. Toss a dart at the studio dart board to guess with.
10 minutes of Andrew House talking about when PS Now at the end. (open beta date announced)

Oh and Uncharted 4 WILL be there but only in teaser form. Real time and in engine but very short and with next to no information. Just to show it still exists but that game has been delayed and we wont get it until holiday next year at the earliest. TLOU HD will get more stage time.

PS1/PS2 backwards compatibility

LittleBigPlanet 3 and hub

Final Fantasy: Type 0

The Last Guardian

Demons Souls

Arc the Lad

Wild Arms

Believe

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Has Yoshida ever said they weren't going to have an exciting E3?

I don't think any other director or head of publishers or developers has said they weren't having a good showing.

Usobuko

Banned
The Last Guardian
Guilty Gear Xrd Localisation
Miyazaki's new IP

Either of these 3 and I'll buy your console when the games come out.

Haroldo

Perhaps a dumb question(and slightly off-topic) for my first post ever here at gaf but do you guys think owning a PS4 at the moment is already worth it or it's better to wait for this year E3 for acquiring one?

todd360

I am currently pondering which of the two is LEAST likely to happen at E3. Both seems so remote, its hard to judge

obviously final fantasy 7 remake is least likely to happen at this years E3. Square Enix keeps telling us some crap about how hard it would be to make. Even though they already have all the characters and story already thought up lol. Dem HD towns bro. How does one HD town?

PS1/PS2 backwards compatibility

LittleBigPlanet 3 and hub

Final Fantasy: Type 0

The Last Guardian

Demons Souls

Arc the Lad

Wild Arms

Believe

I believe in the Bolded. Maybe not as much on Little Big Planet 3, but I want that so bad, that is more hype. The Last Guardian, well Yosh said they would re-reveal it when the time is right. E3, with all of the PS4's momentum, has to be the time. Even if they say Spring 2015, or Fall of 2015, at least we know it is coming for sure, and have a date of some sort. I cannot see a The Last Guardian announcement/re-reveal slipping out of this year, no way.

ramuh

Pocketstation 2 or GTFO. :)

Probably a lot of games, some more games, and maybe some psNow info with stuff. Crash? Who know. The apes do. LOL. I'm in the cups tonight.

My Sony E3 Prediction

Opening 20 minutes, Montage + "lap of glory" sales segment
20 minutes of "the ps3 is still a thing guys"
10 minutes of "hey guys the vita.... that game you bought 2 years ago for 99c on steam is here... and it costs $19:99"
10 minutes of media / non gaming apps talk. (But still no twitch viewer or youtube)
30 minutes of VR. This year will cement VR is the new motion control. I expect some painful demos here.
15 minute "indie, indie, indie" segment
20 minutes of core PS4 games. Most of which we know about or was shown last year. Only 1 new SCE developed exclusive announced. Toss a dart at the studio dart board to guess with.
10 minutes of Andrew House talking about when PS Now at the end. (open beta date announced)

Oh and Uncharted 4 WILL be there but only in teaser form. Real time and in engine but very short and with next to no information. Just to show it still exists but that game has been delayed and we wont get it until holiday next year at the earliest. TLOU HD will get more stage time.
Jesus Christ that sounds like complete and utter fucking garbage. I am not that hyped for this E3, but there will definitely be more there. I also don't see U4 being in teaser form.. since they showed a teaser 6 months from June. It would be kind of pointless hype. There will definitely be a bunch of 3rd party games being shown there. I would guess Destiny, new Ass Creed, MGSV, FFXV and whatever new game Ubisoft will show. Maybe The Division might be there as well, Ubi and Sony seem to be bffs.

william, if team 2 has started working, it's probably just now. That's more unrealistic than a Legend of Dragoon reboot being shown at E3.

Massa

Has Yoshida ever said they weren't going to have an exciting E3?

This is why context is important. We don't know if he was asked about E3 specifically, brought it up himself, or else.

Gamespot's article is completely worthless without context. Of course, instead of actually printing an interview they generate a dozen worthless news stories instead...

Verendus

Banned
It'll be a good show, but last years will remain more impactful overall in terms of general perception. You had the 'surprise' announcements of FFXV and Kingdom Hearts 3, The Order reveal, as well as $399 which was a huge way to launch the PS4. This year you don't really have an equivalent to $399 and whilst there are surprises, I don't personally think they match the combined impact of FFXV and KH3. Granted different people have different perspectives so for example if something like The Last Guardian showed up it would mean a lot more to them, even though it's technically a much smaller commercial deal than the aforementioned.

Plus I think people have skewed expectations. There has to be more, more, more. I remember there being a lot of people really disappointed with last years conference.

Plus I think people have skewed expectations. There has to be more, more, more. I remember there being a lot of people really disappointed with last years conference.

Once the dust settled for last year's E3, there was only one major exclusive reveal, which was The Order.

To me, I didn't mind it much because I set my expectations accordingly, knowing full well that since Sony announced 4 major exclusives in Feb ( DC, KZ, Knack, SS), so that and E3 combined meant that Sony announced 5 AAA-exclusives in the first half of 2013, which was pretty good.

However, Sony does not have the equivalent of the 'Feb event' this year, which means all eyes are on E3.

Rather than be compared against last year's E3 alone, I would personally compare this year's E3 with Feb Event + E3 2013.

It'll be a good show, but last years will remain more impactful overall in terms of general perception. You had the 'surprise' announcements of FFXV and Kingdom Hearts 3, The Order reveal, as well as $399 which was a huge way to launch the PS4. This year you don't really have an equivalent to $399 and whilst there are surprises, I don't personally think they match the combined impact of FFXV and KH3. Granted different people have different perspectives so for example if something like The Last Guardian showed up it would mean a lot more to them, even though it's technically a much smaller commercial deal than the aforementioned.

KH3 looked like a PS3 game teaser and FFXV was an awesome trailer followed by "please be excited" (ie. no actual release date) on top of both games being multi-platform. If you take out them schooling MS, it was probably the worst gaming E3 conference from Sony that I can remember in years.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Bgamer90

Banned
Pumped for Sony's E3 (looking forward to the games they'll show that we don't know about) but I'm worried that they'll spend too much time with VR. I'm interested in VR but it's going to be hard for people to see how immersive it really is via monitor/TV/Tablet (whatever they are using to watch E3). We'll see though.

Either way, already pumped for E3. The E3s during the first half of a gaming gen are usually the most memorable. Can't wait.

Piggus

I am currently pondering which of the two is LEAST likely to happen at E3. Both seems so remote, its hard to judge

Well we know TLG is actually being worked on and they're just waiting until it's in a state to be re-revealed. So I'd say it's a lot more likely than a FFVII remake.

I still don't expect it to be shown yet. Maybe TGS or E3 2015.

Cant wait to be disappointed when it turns out to be a million of indie games

Yeah, seeing games that are actually creative/innovative is sooooooo lame amirite?

smh

There will be plenty of big name titles. The support for the indie devs is extremely important though because those are the AAA devs/studios of the future.

model13

Here's hoping for some great surprises! I'd like to see more multi-player focused games coming out the 1st party but not necessarily in the traditional sense.

Perhaps a dumb question(and slightly off-topic) for my first post ever here at gaf but do you guys think owning a PS4 at the moment is already worth it or it's better to wait for this year E3 for acquiring one?

Well up here in Canada it's $50 more expensive now for the system than when I bought it and $10 more for the extra controller and $10 more for the camera...

So right now i'm up a bunch over if I chose to buy it now, or probably even later this year.

Converse

Banned
I like Shu, but really -- 10 pages because a Sony exec says his company is going to have an exciting E3?

I'm with those other guys; I mean, what's he supposed to say? "Dudes, don't get too excited about E3. Not going to be worth it, just a heads up."

Top Bottom