• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shuhei Yoshida teases "very exciting" E3 plans

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Well, whatever they do, it can't be worse than last year's in terms of big first party reveals. We basically got nothing but The Order last year, and that's not even developed by a first party studio.

Haroldo

Well up here in Canada it's $50 more expensive now for the system than when I bought it and $10 more for the extra controller and $10 more for the camera...

So right now i'm up a bunch over if I chose to buy it now, or probably even later this year.

Ok, and about the games, do you feel satisfied with it? Right now the only games that picked my interest and are already on the market are killzone SF and Infamous SS

Also, thanks for the reply!

orochi91

Thanks to some posters in this thread, I just realized that Sony didn't even announce
a new first-party game at E3 last year!
Read at Dawn is a second party studio!

I only buy consoles for their exclusive games (PC for the rest) so I pray to god that there
are some diverse set of exclusives shown this year from Sony.

$h@d0w

final-fantasy-vii-technical-demo-for-ps3-20060119005805203-1376261.jpg

Then the camera zooms out and shows it running on a Vita.

Ok, and about the games, do you feel satisfied with it? Right now the only games that picked my interest and are already on the market are killzone SF and Infamous SS

Also, thanks for the reply!

Uhh... hrm. Well mixed opinion for me. I actually have bought/installed more games for it than I thought I would (16 so far). Only thing that has let me down was a few of the indie's I was hyped for I didn't enjoy.

Tabular

Banned
He went on to note that Sony is in the process of shaping its plans for what it will--and won't--show during the press conference, expected to be held on Monday, June 9.

Show us the goods Shu! Show it all!

SquareEnix will come on stage to say that, in 2015, they are going to be celebrating the 20th anniversary of Chrono Trigger by releasing the third in the series, exclusive to PS4. Teaser trailer shown. Walking off stage, stops, oh yeah, one more thing...lights go down, FF7 remake footage shown, also exclusive to PS4 in 2015, with a special edition PS4 also being released.

Oh, and, MP3/DLNA functionality for PS4 :D

HORRORSHØW

SquareEnix will come on stage to say that, in 2015, they are going to be celebrating the 20th anniversary of Chrono Trigger by releasing the third in the series, exclusive to PS4. Teaser trailer shown. Walking off stage, stops, oh yeah, one more thing...lights go down, FF7 remake footage shown, also exclusive to PS4 in 2015, with a special edition PS4 also being released.
deranged_666

Some Nobody

It'll be a good show, but last years will remain more impactful overall in terms of general perception. You had the 'surprise' announcements of FFXV and Kingdom Hearts 3, The Order reveal, as well as $399 which was a huge way to launch the PS4. This year you don't really have an equivalent to $399 and whilst there are surprises, I don't personally think they match the combined impact of FFXV and KH3. Granted different people have different perspectives so for example if something like The Last Guardian showed up it would mean a lot more to them, even though it's technically a much smaller commercial deal than the aforementioned.

Plus I think people have skewed expectations. There has to be more, more, more. I remember there being a lot of people really disappointed with last years conference.

The new console hype is dying down and most gamers are starting to point out that basically Sony had very few new, major game reveals last show. I think, really, numbers would make a bigger impression in the long run with this presentation. If Sony unveils several new games, some big some small, I think you'd be surprised at how quickly people would call it "best E3 ever".

WRT the Square games: They could top that by showing a new FFXV trailer with a release date. Even just a year would blow people away.

But realistically...Sony's got to show off PS3 stuff. Then Vita stuff. Then talk about PS Now. Hopefully they won't talk about Morpheus unless they've got a lot of stuff to show with it. Then they've got to involve some third-party people--I'd guess Destiny would make an appearance, and probably Batman: Arkham Knight since for some reason a lot of people seem to equate that with Sony. Then they have to talk about #DRIVECLUB, The Order: 1886, and Uncharted 4.

Honestly, I'm certain they'll have at least one new surprise (the question after that is whether I'll be interested as a fan of TPS, RPGs, and open world/action games), but...let's be honest here. Their presentation can only be so long, and all the crap I mentioned has to burn up at least an hour or so.

Sincerely,

Reggie Fils-Aime

Speaking of... are Nintendo even having a conference or are they just going to hang around a TV in a hall somewhere in the LACC again?

They will probably have new hardware next year so I guess one more year of awkward silence wouldnt be unexpected

DJIzana

Can't get hyped. Even with Nintendo, can't say I'm hyped either. Not until I see some solid release dates for their Japanese games.

Some Nobody

Well, the average length of a Sony E3 conference is anywhere from 90-120 minutes.

I was being very generous to gamers expecting a bunch of new stuff with that estimate, though.

Can't get hyped. Even with Nintendo, can't say I'm hyped either. Not until I see some solid release dates for their Japanese games.

It'd be nice if Nintendo could at least give me a name for Monolith's game. I'm really tired of calling it "X".

I assume LittleBigPlanet Hub will be shown off, and they'll either say it's coming to PS4 as well as PS3, or that it was moved to just PS4. Also, more of whatever the hell MediaMolecule's cryptic puppet dance has become, DriveClub release date ("in the coming weeks" meant "in 3 months"), and show a cinematic trailer of Uncharted 4, rendered in-engine, then some b-roll of developers working on it talking about how they made it (after, they'll also announce the Uncharted Trilogy Remastered for PS4), and show off more of The Order 1886.

If they want to steal E3 easily, they'll show the rumored new PaRappa and Crash games, re-reveal The Last Guardian, throw in a new rated-M IP, and show off gameplay of Uncharted 4. That's all kinds of improbable though.

As for PS3 and Vita, they'll probably talk about Playstation Plus and Now keeping them relevant, and maybe show off Gravity Rush 2, Freedom Wars, and DanganRonpa 2 on Vita.

botty

Banned
It will be important that Sony highlight that Final Fantasy XV is coming to their system and that it is the premiere platform for the game. FFXV is definitely a key player in this war.

It will be important that Sony highlight that Final Fantasy XV is coming to their system and that it is the premiere platform for the game. FFXV is definitely a key player in this war.

no point even talking about XV if square barely do. sony could spend the 2 seconds announce games.

Tsundere

Banned
Should have a lot of focus on games. Project Morpheus will definitely show up in some way, but there's no real way to "show" the audience anything for it.

Bring the games, show off exclusives, and new features for the console with industry partnerships.

I still have a feeling MS will swoop in and get the exclusive marketing deal for FFXV or KH3.

Sony and Square and those damn gentleman handshakes again.

Shit like this is proof videogame journalism is fucking bad. All it takes is a tweet for 12 pages of responses when there are probably 300 games being made right now.

If places like Game Informer would just go out and get interviews or do some researching or dig to get stories a fucking tweet wouldn't generate as much hype.

Mortemis

Banned
This has to be the year Sony reintroduces the Last Guardian right? I mean just do that or announce that it's dead already.

I still have a feeling MS will swoop in and get the exclusive marketing deal for FFXV or KH3.

Sony and Square and those damn gentleman handshakes again.

FFXV maybe, but KH3 wouldn't make sense, the series is so intertwined with the ps ecosystem. But I don't really care who gets marketing, I just want the damn games.

Tratorn

Hopefully these "plans" involve something we don't already know about.
Even when they show the best trailer ever for Uncharted or really cool gameplay from The Order, it wouldn't be really exciting for me. I hope they finally show some new IPs I never heared and saw before.. New IPs are a must for the first years of a new generation, so show some besides The Order or DriveClub, please. :)

spats

He went on to note that Sony is in the process of shaping its plans for what it will--and won't--show during the press conference, expected to be held on Monday, June 9.

9-1=8

Eight Days Confirmed to be there. You're welcome.

Some Nobody

Shit like this is proof videogame journalism is fucking bad. All it takes is a tweet for 12 pages of responses when there are probably 300 games being made right now.

If places like Game Informer would just go out and get interviews or do some researching or dig to get stories a fucking tweet wouldn't generate as much hype.

lol, this is what they found after digging. Developers aren't going to talk about major games until they're ready, and smaller games would not get the attention this does.

Top Bottom