• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shuntaro Furukawa Is Ready to Take Nintendo to the Next Level

brap

Banned
You really not make any sense to me, you consider DQ classic (which I also agree) but DQ also very much likes to sticks to its formula but you criticize FE for being “same game”. I feel like you have basis hate against Nintendo. I mean how often do we get Luigi Mansion game or FE game compare to how much Ubisoft make Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry and Activision makes COD.
FE Heroes, Fates, Three Houses, Valentina, all came out within like 3 years of each other. That's way too much. The last normal DQ game we got was IX on the DS. X was an MMO and never came to america. Ass Creed is one of my most hated franchises in gaming. It's worse than anything nintendo puts out. FC I have a weak spot for because I can run around like an idiot and fly and shit. COD is basically a meme at this point.

297.png
This is untrue though. They make the same games so if I was an old man I'd like all the new stuff since it's the same as the old stuff. Just like old people these days like Stranger Things and whatever.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
FE Heroes, Fates, Three Houses, Valentina, all came out within like 3 years of each other. That's way too much. The last normal DQ game we got was IX on the DS. X was an MMO and never came to america. Ass Creed is one of my most hated franchises in gaming. It's worse than anything nintendo puts out. FC I have a weak spot for because I can run around like an idiot and fly and shit. COD is basically a meme at this point.
It's been long time since we got FE for consoles which if you played 3 Houses it does lots of stuff to change its formula, same with Luigi Mansion 3 it's been long time since we got one for consoles. But I guess it's okay for with FC because you have "weak spot" for it. Is it that so hard to accept that same way you enjoy FC games other people enjoy Nintendo games?

brap

Banned
It's been long time since we got FE for consoles
Does that really matter though? They look like PSP games. Plus like I said there were 4 in the span of 3 years.

But I guess it's okay for with FC because you have "weak spot" for it.
Nah, it's pretty lazy. 2 of the same type of game and now the new FC is some retarded RPG thing. Even if it wasn't I still probably wouldn't buy it.

Is it that so hard to accept that same way you enjoy FC games other people enjoy Nintendo games?
No. It's more about nintendo releasing the same shit.

Danjin44

Does that really matter though? They look like PSP games. Plus like I said there were 4 in the span of 3 years.
It might not have best graphics out there but that didn't stop me from enjoying the crap out of it. Horizon Zero Dawn had breath taking graphics but when it came to actual game itself I honestly didn't enjoy it so spare me this whole "graphic" argument. Having high tech graphic doesn't make the game automatically better, most of my favorite games this gen were no technical marvel when it to came to the graphics.

No. It's more about nintendo releasing the same shit.
Correction: "releasing same type of games I don't like"

I mean if that's how you feel then it doesn't matter if Nintendo make a stronger console, you still won't like their games. So you better off playing PC or other consoles at this point.

brap

Banned
It might not have best graphics out there but that didn't stop me from enjoying the crap out of it. Horizon Zero Dawn had breath taking graphics but when it came to actual game itself I honestly didn't enjoy it so spare me this whole "graphic" argument. Having high tech graphic doesn't make the game automatically better, most of my favorite games this gen were no technical marvel when it to came to the graphics.
That's not even what I'm talking about. It looks like a PSP game so why does it matter if it's on a console or not? Btw fuck Horizon.

Correction: "releasing same type of games I don't like"
Correction: "releasing the millionth mario sidescroller, another yoshi sidescroller, etc"
Nintendo really ran out of ideas huh?

You've spent so much time on /v/ that you subconsciously became the living meme of OLD GAME GOOD NEW GAME BAD, WEST IS BAD GROLIOUS NIPPON NUMPA WAN!
I like those types of games though. DMC, GOW, Ninja Gaiden, Dynasty Warriors (you just gotta pick and choose which DW to play not play them all) etc. Also fuck western games. THIRD PERSON OVER THE SHOULDER CINEMATIC NARRATIVE SURVIVAL CRAFTING GRIMDARK LGBT SIMULATOR CURRENT YEAR. I rarely go on /v/ either.

Danjin44

That's not even what I'm talking about. It looks like a PSP game so why does it matter if it's on a console or not? Btw fuck Horizon.
In terms gameplay its console quality game, you are talking to a wrong person if you think I care about high end graphics.

Correction: "releasing the millionth mario sidescroller, another yoshi sidescroller, etc"
Nintendo really ran out of ideas huh?
But you call their new games like Arms and Ring Fit Adventure as "gimmick shit" So what type of game are looking for!!? you say you like DMC or DW games but you don't like Astral Chain or Bayonetta so I'm really confused what exactly you want, I feel like you just want excuse to shit on Nintnedo or all current games for that matter.

You are basically acting like this:
tenor.gif

Last edited:

brap

Banned
In terms gameplay its console quality game
I don't get it. It's the same shit. Something isn't less quality because it's on a handheld.

But you call their new games like Arms and Ring Fit Adventure as "gimmick shit"
Danjin. Please. Level with me here. Ring Fit Adventure is a gimmick. It's for exercise. It's like Wii Fit or that Zumba game. Terrible example to use.

you say you like DMC or DW games but you don't like Astral Chain or Bayonetta
Astral Chain looks decent gameplay wise. Just not really a fan of the art. Bayonetta is fine. Beat it on PC years ago.

This is 100% true though and I can't help it.

I like those types of games though. DMC, GOW, Ninja Gaiden, Dynasty Warriors (you just gotta pick and choose which DW to play not play them all) etc. Also fuck western games. THIRD PERSON OVER THE SHOULDER CINEMATIC NARRATIVE SURVIVAL CRAFTING GRIMDARK LGBT SIMULATOR CURRENT YEAR. I rarely go on /v/ either.
A /vr/ guy then?:pie_thinking:
On the subject of game taste, think of it like this, just like you like Musou games [which a lot of people would call the same game basiclly every time since DW3 with very little innovation] maybe let other people enjoy things you don't fancy? I'm not a Nintendo games fan, they don't appeal to me that much, but i've a enjoyed a few of even if i don't raye them as high as the Nintendo faithful who rarely if ever criticize a Mario game even if it's as low effort and as lazy as NSMB2 or NSMBU, and the problem is Nintendo NEVER EVER SELLS IT'S 1ST PARTY TITLES FOR LESS THAN 50$ EVEN YEARS LATER! THOSE GREEDY BASTARDS!
But i digress i enjoy those movie games you despise too and western games in general since they've clearly bested Japan since the last generation began and Japan sticking to handheld gaming.
TL;DR enjoy what you like and let other people fawn over what appeals to them.
5082C85E349292267158DD4D40E01657744892F8

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I base my decisions on the development leader’s way of thinking

I think this is a mistake on his part. Iwata had programming/development background, giving him a foot in that world with another foot in the mgmt world. Miyamoto, Sakamoto, Aonuma et al love trying idiotic ideas with no business value and Iwata helped keep them in check. Now that he is gone, the "brilliant devs" will get to spend 4+ years apiece on their pet projects.

Caffeine

look mr Furukawa you want to sell more gang busters u talk to activision to get some fucks to port a cod on there and sell 20 million units. think about it a real portable cod not this mobile shit. or that psp black ops. you can 1v1 some fucker at the bus stop and tell him you will fuck his mom in real time.

Prove me wrong or wake me up when they release a normal console with new games. None of this smartphone skinner box bullshit and none of this fucking Three Ring Exercise Adventure, 1-2 Switch or Arms bullshit. Fucking Super Mario Maker 2 and all that other samey garbage because nintoddlers eat that low effort shit up. At least AAA devs have an excuse to make samey bullshit.
Why would you want a third "normal" mainstream console with the same type of games you can get on the other 2 consoles? Nintendo knows its market, and it dominates its market. If you don't like the product they put out well thankfully there are two other fully capable companies putting out normal consoles with a mixture of content that should fulfill your gaming needs.

Jubenhimer

I think this is a mistake on his part. Iwata had programming/development background, giving him a foot in that world with another foot in the mgmt world. Miyamoto, Sakamoto, Aonuma et al love trying idiotic ideas with no business value and Iwata helped keep them in check. Now that he is gone, the "brilliant devs" will get to spend 4+ years apiece on their pet projects.
I'm pretty sure he's refering to the people actually in charge of greenlighting software projects. IE, Shinya Takahashi, Koizumi, etc.

brap

Banned
This user has been removed from thread.
A /vr/ guy then?:pie_thinking:
Nah, they hate modern stuff way too much for me.

On the subject of game taste, think of it like this, just like you like Musou games [which a lot of people would call the same game basiclly every time since DW3 with very little innovation] maybe let other people enjoy things you don't fancy? I'm not a Nintendo games fan, they don't appeal to me that much, but i've a enjoyed a few of even if i don't raye them as high as the Nintendo faithful who rarely if ever criticize a Mario game even if it's as low effort and as lazy as NSMB2 or NSMBU, and the problem is Nintendo NEVER EVER SELLS IT'S 1ST PARTY TITLES FOR LESS THAN 50$ EVEN YEARS LATER! THOSE GREEDY BASTARDS!
But i digress i enjoy those movie games you despise too and western games in general since they've clearly bested Japan since the last generation began and Japan sticking to handheld gaming.
TL;DR enjoy what you like and let other people fawn over what appeals to them.
Musou games are all the same basically and anybody who says otherwise is lying lmao. The worst thing really about nintendo games is the price. You know some of those games have a budget of 12 yen and a pair of used chopsticks but you can't get them at 40 bucks a month later like western AAA games that costed 92 million to make.

Lol @ people posting shit like “GameCube was the last real Nintendo gaming machine”, while Switch sells like crazy, has awesome games and even Witcher 3 now.

I expected better trolling for my time.
Congrats you can play the last game in a trilogy at sub hd resolutions that looks like a bootleg brazilian PS2 port. Amazing.

Why would you want a third "normal" mainstream console with the same type of games you can get on the other 2 consoles? Nintendo knows its market, and it dominates its market. If you don't like the product they put out well thankfully there are two other fully capable companies putting out normal consoles with a mixture of content that should fulfill your gaming needs.
Here we have the big brain argument again. "If you criticize thing you must not like thing". Enjoy nintendo releasing the same games ad nauseum. Nintendo fanboys are honestly the worst fanboys.

RealGassy

Banned
Here we have the big brain argument again. "If you criticize thing you must not like thing".
What is your big brain argument brap?
What are you trying to say?

It is well known that Nintendo games are "overpriced".
Everybody knows you can play Witcher 3 at 60fps+ on high/ultras with a 8 year old midrange CPU with some basic-bitch GPU, like a rx580, 1060 or less.
Everybody knows that you can buy Doom(2016) on steam or ps4 store for THREE times less than it costs on Eshop (60usd), not even taking into account steam sales!
And it also runs at 60fps 1080p high on potato grade PCs, even other consoles run it at 60!

If you're not interested in a handheld system, nor the Nintendo exclusives, the system is simply not for you.
The only reason I have Switch is because it is a handheld. It is the only handheld left in the market.

I also enjoyed good deal out of BoTW and Odyssey. Those games have plenty of flaws (especially BoTW), they are not perfect.
I even enjoyed the FE:ThreeHouses despite it having borderline PSP graphics, similarly it is far from perfect in many ways.

But isn't the point. The point is having a good time. Are you having a good time brap?

Enjoy nintendo releasing the same games ad nauseum.
You are not wrong by the way, Nintendo - outside of few select titles every once in a blue moon - mostly does release the same games often with fairly minor changes in them, BUT
BoTW was the first 3D zelda game I played (the previous 3D zelda games didn't look appealing enough to buy a console for).
FE was the first FE game with waifus that I have played.
And Odyssey was first 3D Mario game I played since Mario 64.

So it is quite possible to have a good time with Nintendo products and at the same time acknowledge and dislike many of the things Nintendo is doing wrong.

Plenty of Nintendo releases do feel like highly overrated low effort shovelware (many of which sells millions of copies despite that).
But outside of Nintendo fanbase that isn't a ground-breaking contraversial opinion either.

Last edited:

noqtic

That Brap fellow really derailed this thread with his nonsense.

Glad to see Nintendo is in good hands and they seem to be benefiting greatly from experimenting with some of their established and new core ip's.

tassletine

DQ is classic. I thought only V had marriage. Never played XI yet because I heard there was some fucky stuff going on with it.

Nah, I just played older shit growing up. But by your logic it sounds like I'd only like what I played as a kid and I played Weegee's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine and 64 as a kid. I'm glad they did a new 3D mario though.

Nah, you're just playing victim. I said I didn't see why people would choose some sub-HD handheld instead of a nice console. I'm not of those guys that needs to play video games 24/7 so it's useless for me.
And all I did in this thread was complaining about nintendo pretending they don't release the same shit ad nauseum.
Also motion controls suck and we all know it.

All companies release the same shit ad nauseum. Nintendo have never "pretended" they don't. Your argument holds no water and you are making stuff up to prove your point.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
All companies release the same shit ad nauseum. Nintendo have never "pretended" they don't. Your argument holds no water and you are making stuff up to prove your point.
It's as almost as if companies like making money for games many people continue to enjoy and buy. However if they don't buy enough of something the companies tend to stop making it.

Microsoft - Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Forza Horizon
Sony - Gran Turismo, Killzone, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Last of Us(?)

I'm sure you get the idea but some people are so blind and loyal to those two that they can't open their eyes to see they are just as guilty of doing it but love attacking Nintendo because they do it. Am I gonna boycott Microsoft or Sony because they make the same games over and over again on a single console?

zvOJEDt.jpg

Not really since I buy some of them also so it's my fault they pump them out as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iwata gave us the Wii, so fuck him.

RealGassy

Banned
I'm sure you get the idea but some people are so blind and loyal to those two that they can't open their eyes to see they are just as guilty of doing it but love attacking Nintendo because they do it. Am I gonna boycott Microsoft or Sony because they make the same games over and over again on a single console?
There is a very distinct difference.
MS or Sony doesn't have that "we are better than that" moral superiority angle, we are the "good guys".
The whole "we don't have paid online", "we don't do microtransactions", "we don't do DLCs", "we don't do manipulative mobile shit".
All of which turned out to be false soon enough.
Nobody thinks as if Sony or especially MS has some "moral character" or anything like that.

Of course Nintendo is a shitty corporation just like MS and Sony, but it sure likes to pretend it isn't, that it's somehow above it.
While denying hardware defects (joycon drift) and shutting down innocuous fan games (AM2R) instead of striking a deal with them.

You can't really compare the franchises Microsoft and Sony has to the IPs Nintendo holds and how hard Nintedo likes to milk them either (that's their whole business model).
Completely different ballgame.

Naturally Nintendo will keep doing that as long as people keep buying, because it's a shitty greedy corporation like the rest of them.

If you want to degrade reputation of Nintendo to the likes of Microsoft. I'm happy to oblige.

iconmaster

Banned
shutting down innocuous fan games (AM2R) instead of striking a deal with them.

I'm sure we can agree on some criticisms of Nintendo but I feel this one was justified enough. Metroid is their IP, and they knew they were about to release their own (excellent) remake of Metroid 2.

Please port Samus Returns to Switch, Nintendo

I won't accept that we have to resign ourselves to all corporations being bad actors. Clearly some are worse than others, right? But if there are degrees of worse-ness than there are also degrees of better-ness, and the possibility for moving up the scale is implied.

If we support corporations we respect, there'll be more corporations worth respecting.

RealGassy

Banned
I won't accept that we have to resign ourselves to all corporations being bad actors. Clearly some are worse than others, right? But if there are degrees of worse-ness than there are also degrees of better-ness, and the possibility for moving up the scale is implied.
I think it's better to accept that they are all very shitty, inherenty due to nature of corporations, than to aspire to some delusions about "they are not all like that".

Because when corporation A fucks you over, there won't be any "oh, I thought they were the good guys" surprise moments.
You can't get fucked, if you assume the worst and act accordingly.

It also removes the unnecessary lenghty debates about who's the lesser evil.

Even if the corporation A acts better than B or C at some point in time, it doesn't mean that they are inherently better.
It just a temporary state in which they are not in a position to live up to their true nature.

It's definitely not healthy to think like that in general, but when it comes to corporations it's a very reasonable strategy.

Jubenhimer

I'm sure we can agree on some criticisms of Nintendo but I feel this one was justified enough. Metroid is their IP, and they knew they were about to release their own (excellent) remake of Metroid 2.

Not to mention taking legal action on unauthorized fan games is pretty standard in the industry. Sure you get exceptions like Sega with Sonic. But the fact that there are exceptions, shows that there is a rule, one that not just Nintendo plays by. It's buisness, it can suck that cool fan games get shut down, but it is what it is.

If we support corporations we respect, there'll be more corporations worth respecting.

I'm pretty sick of the Big company = Evil mentality that's popped up in recent times. Nintendo isn't above criticism sure, but saying they're a shitty company because they do dumb or lame things at times is very reductive. Yes, we should call out companies doing dumb shit, they all do dumb shit. But that doesn't mean they all evil or anti-consumer necessarily.

I think it's better to accept that they are all very shitty, inherenty due to nature of corporations, than to aspire to some delusions about "they are not all like that".

Because when corporation A fucks you over, there won't be any "oh, I thought they were the good guys" surprise moments.
You can't get fucked, if you assume the worst and act accordingly.

I dissagree. Again, just because corporations can make bad decisions, that doesn't make them bad all the way through. There are genuinely shitty companies out there yes, but I think its unfair to label all buisnesses as shitty because isn't always the case. There are companies out there that do more good than bad, and/or don't get into too much trouble. It's good to have perspective, but you also have to remember nuance as well. I know it's easy to say "Grr corporations bad!!" But I feel that's a one dimentional and lazy worldview.

Last edited:

RealGassy

Banned
I love how in a single post you do both:
Oh, of course Nintendo does what big corporations do. e.g. act according to their inherent nature. Not suprising!

And in the next paragraph, "well, not all corporations act according to their inherent nature!"

Greedy corporations do what greedy corporations do. It's not a "mentality" it's called accepting reality.

It's like these people who try to desperately tame the dangerous wild animals ignoring their nature.

Last edited:

Jubenhimer

I love how in a single post you do both:
Oh, of course Nintendo does what big corporations do. e.g. act according to their inherent nature. Not suprising!

And in the next paragraph, "well, not all corporations act according to their inherent nature!"

What I'm saying is that the inherent nature of a business (IE, make money) isn't a concept that's good or evil on its own. It can be bad, yes. But it can also be good. No company is perfect, especially not big companies. But I'm just saying that being a large company doesn't automatically make you evil. That's again, a one-dimensional worldview to me.

Greedy corporations do what greedy corporations do. It's not a "mentality" it's called accepting reality.

It's like these people who try to desperately tame the dangerous wild animals ignoring their nature.

Greed is inherent to all business, that's kind of the point. Make as much money as possible by selling stuff people want. There's nothing wrong with that on its own. It only becomes a problem when companies stop making good products, or at least products people want, or makes stuff that gives nothing in return to the consumer.

I'm not saying you need to start looking at corporations like gods or big friendly bears. I'm just saying that you can't just view a corporation as bad just because they're a corporation. There's more nuance to it than that. If they make products that are good, then that good should be rewarded. If you don't like what they're selling, then simply don't buy it. That's how it should work. Call me an optimist, but I just don't believe in the "Big Company is bad because they're big" mentality there's more to it than that.

Last edited:

RealGassy

Banned
But I'm just saying that being a large company doesn't automatically make you evil. That's again, a one-dimensional worldview to me.
Nintendo is past that point. They have their IPs on mobile platforms employing the same extremely manipulative gambling mechanisms (borderline illegal in some countries) targeting kids like the worst of the worst companies.
"B-b-b-b-ut their droprates are 1% better than other companies do! They are not e-evil! They are not as evil as everyone else, X is worse! I promise".

I'm just saying that you can't just view a corporation as bad just because they're a corporation.
No, you can do exactly this. There's no need to fish for some "exceptions".
History has shown time and time again to surprise to noone that corporations do what they have always done.

I'm not going to delve into semantics of "good, bad and evil".

Last edited:

Jubenhimer

Nintendo is past that point. They have their IPs on mobile platforms employing the same extremely manipulative gambling mechanisms (borderline illegal in some countries) targeting kids like the worst of the worst companies.
"B-b-b-b-ut their droprates are 1% better than other companies do! They are not e-evil! They are not as evil as everyone else! I promise".

One bad product isn't a compelling argument. Don't support it if you don't like it. It's one thing voice criticisms about one particular segment of a company, in this case Nintendo and their mobile games which have been largely mediocre. But it's unfair to generalize based on that one element. Besides, Tour is what we call, an exception to the rule.

No, you can do exactly this. There's no need to fish for some "exceptions".
History has shown time and time again to surprise to noone that corporations do what they have always done.

I'm not going to delve into semantics of "good, bad and evil".

But again, that's a one-dimensional and pretty anti-capitalist view. I don't like consumerism or corporatism, but I don't view companies as evil because they do some dumb mistakes, or put out an occasional stinker. Now if the bad outweighs the good, then I know I should be avoiding that business for the most part. But if there's enough good elements and products to balance out, then I'll support them. I know its true that companies aren't people, but most companies have good traits and bad traits. It's just a matter of how much good there is to balance out whatever bad there is.

Again, it's all about nuance. A corporation isn't bad because they're a corporation, they're bad when they don't make stuff I would buy or aren't doing enough things that benefit the consumer. Brand reputation exists for a reason, companies should be maintaining a good brand image by doing enough good things that make them large amounts of money. If they fail to keep up that brand image, then their reception suffers. EA is unanimously agreed to be a shitty company not beause they're a large company, but becasue they continuously do idiotic and bad dececisions that don't benefit either the consumers or their bottom line. Nintendo can do dumb things, but they also do enough good things to maintain a stable positive brand image.

Last edited:

RealGassy

Banned
The point isn't about semantics of "good, bad and evil". It is NOT about debating merits of big corporations and pros and cons of capitalism.
The point was showing that Nintendo acts exactly, down to a T like you would expect any big shitty corporation to behave.

And it isn't limited just "one particular segment of the company".
Or just that one "bad mobile game". Do I have to go through every manipulative free-to-play mobile gambling shit Nintendo has made?
Do I have to go through every anti-consumer thing Nintendo does?

Close to heart, I had to replace drifting sticks in both joycons. Could I buy the original sticks straight from Nintendo?
Can I buy an original Switch replacement battery? (or replace it without opening the device)
Of course fucking not, I have to buy cheap Chinese knock-off shit.

Can I open the device with a regular screwdriver? Of course not, you need a special tri-wing shit, so that people can't easily repair their devices.

Does it surprise me? Not one bit, It's a shitty big corporation like the rest of them.

Am I having good time with some of their games? Yes, I am!

But at no moment am I under the impression that Nintendo is anything but a big shitty corporation with smiley Mario face on it, like Disney,
Sony, Microsoft or whoever.

That's a hard pill to swallow, because they have many IPs and characters that many people love. (like Disney)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
You can't really compare the franchises Microsoft and Sony has to the IPs Nintendo holds
Well not anymore. They can't get away with milking their stuff quickly like they could back in the PS2 and 360 era. Otherwise we would have had Last of Us 4 or Halo 7 by now.

Jubenhimer

The point isn't about semantics of "good, bad and evil". It is NOT about debating merits of big corporations and pros and cons of capitalism.
The point was showing that Nintendo acts exactly, down to a T like you would expect any big shitty corporation to behave.

But not all companies are equal. And being big doesn't mean your shitty. That's the point I'm trying to make. Being a big coroporation doesn't mean that you are necessarily evil. It can make you prone to bad decisions, yes, but that's true for any company. I'm simply arguing that Nintendo, like any company makes mistakes, but those mistakes shouldn't define them, unless they outweigh the good aspects.

And it isn't limited just "one particular segment of the company".
Or just that one "bad mobile game". Do I have to go through every manipulative free-to-play mobile gambling shit Nintendo has made?

There's Mario Kart Tour and... I guess Animal Crossing Pocket Camp? Other than that, there's not many instances of scummy gambling in Nintendo games.

Close to heart, I had to replace drifting sticks in both joycons. Could I buy the original sticks straight from Nintendo?
Can I buy an original Switch replacement battery? (or replace it without opening the device)
Of course fucking not, I have to buy cheap Chinese knock-off shit.

Recently, Nintendo has been offering free repairs and replacements for Joy-Cons. It's lame that there's such a baffling design flaw, but it should be acknowledged that they're adressing it.

Can I open the device with a regular screwdriver? Of course not, you need a special tri-wing shit, so that people can't easily repair their devices.

Does it surprise me? Not one bit, It's a shitty big corporation like the rest of them.
That only matters if your a modder or hacker. Every company selling electronics reccomends you have customer service repair it. It's not shitty, it's just buisness.

Am I having good time with some of their games? Yes, I am!

But at no moment am I under the impression that Nintendo is anything but a big shitty corporation with smiley Mario face on it, like Disney,
Sony, Microsoft or whoever.

Again, not all corporations are the same. Yes, we should call out bad descisions, but that should be a case by case basis, and we should also acknowledge the positive aspects as well. It's called being fair, and not over-generalizing things.

That's a hard pill to swallow, because they have many IPs and characters that many people love. (like Disney)

I accept that Nintendo is a big company that doesn't always act in my best intersts. But I'm also willing to look past that, if their positive aspects and products outweigh that. With buisness, you take the good with the bad, and if the bad starts outweighing the good, then you can take your business elsewhere.

MagnesG

Banned
Lol always love the shitty company semantics, must be good living like that all the time. It's like being a slave to your own mentality.

Also, shitty customer verified.

RealGassy

Banned
Recently, Nintendo has been offering free repairs and replacements for Joy-Cons. It's lame that there's such a baffling design flaw, but it should be acknowledged that they're adressing it.

That only matters if your a modder or hacker. Every company selling electronics reccomends you have customer service repair it. It's not shitty, it's just buisness.
After a looming lawsuit.
Hmmmmm, who acts like this? Ah, right, big shitty corporations.

There's Mario Kart Tour and... I guess Animal Crossing Pocket Camp? Other than that, there's not many instances of scummy gambling in Nintendo games.
Fire Emblem Heroes

The position that Nintendo doesn't act like a big shitty corporation is indefensible.
If Disney hadn't already distored IP laws, Nintendo would be the next company in line which would straight up lobby for it.

The only thing that can be said is "well, but X is worse", "well, their drop rate in gacha games are 5% better", "well, Apple also discourages repairs" or whatever.

I'm smelling a fanboy grasping at the straws and debating a fanboy is fruitless.

MagnesG

Banned
After a looming lawsuit.
Oh. Tell me on how good corporations act then. At what failure rate should a product or said corporations be deemed shitty? 0.0001%? 1%? 5%? Or 10%?

Fire Emblem Heroes

The position that Nintendo doesn't act like a big shitty corporation is indefensible.
If Disney hadn't already distored IP laws, Nintendo would be the next company in line which would straight up lobby for it.

The only thing that can be said is "well, but X is worse", "well, their drop rate in gacha games are 5% better", "well, Apple also discourages repairs" or whatever.

I'm smelling a fanboy grasping at the straws and debating a fanboy is fruitless
Why did you have to support shitty companies by buying their products then?

The device you're using to type these troll posts, is it from shitty old corporations too? Must be miserable buying things and consuming things you hate every day. Are you forced to buy these things? Did some corporations cucked you to the core? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

On another note FE Heroes is one of the most generous gacha game lol. Clearly you didn't play the game itself or not a good judge of gacha games, i.e. all gacha bad.

You smell like some forced self brain cuck. Should've been living organically in the wilds without shitty corporations touching your fragile base.

Jubenhimer

After a looming lawsuit.

Lawsuit did help. But even without the lawsuit, Joy-Con drift is a PR disaster any smart corporation wants to fix as soon as possible. You think a corporation with any ounce of common sense would knowingly let hardware issues persist like this?

Fire Emblem Heroes

Heroes isn't too bad with Microtransactions. It's actually pretty generous with how it doles out orbs. Then again, I haven't played the game in a while, so things may have changed. Point is, you can point out a few dark spots on any company, but that doesn't make the whole company shitty. All buisness do annoying and dumb shit. It's just a matter of also acknowledging the smart, pro-consumer decisions and products they do as well. So long as there's enough of the latter to balance out/outweight the former, then people won't have too much to complain about. Companies only suck when their bad stuff outweighs their good stuff. Again, EA for example.

Again, the point is not whether Nintendo does dumb or shitty decisions at times. All companies do dumb shit. The point is that whether there's enough good aspects and products there to support that company. Nintendo's good aspects mostly outweigh their negatives, therefore I'm willing to support them. Same for any other company. It all depends on if they're doing enough to earn my money. Corporations aren't your friend, but they're not shitty or evil just because they're corporations.

I'm smelling a fanboy grasping at the straws and debating a fanboy is fruitless.

So I'm a fanboy for having nuance and understanding that the big bad corporation isn't always out to get me? It's clear you and I aren't going to agree here. So I'll just say this. All companies have their share of crap. That crap should be acknowledged, but unless it far outweighs the non-crap, then we shouldn't let that crap define the entire brand. Most companies know they aren't infalliable, and if they want to maintain good brand reception and strong profits, they have to please the consumer as much as possible.

Prove me wrong or wake me up when they release a normal console with new games. None of this smartphone skinner box bullshit and none of this fucking Three Ring Exercise Adventure, 1-2 Switch or Arms bullshit. Fucking Super Mario Maker 2 and all that other samey garbage because nintoddlers eat that low effort shit up. At least AAA devs have an excuse to make samey bullshit.
I am just playing BotW right now, and I think it's really an amazing high effort game with a lot of new ideas for a nintendo game.

Reactions: TLZ

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Y'all need to stop shitting on brap brap now, he's already calmed down and his combative nature isn't as bad as it was at the beginning of the thread. He doesn't like Nintendo games? IDC, and you shouldn't either

Y'all need to stop shitting on brap brap now, he's already calmed down and his combative nature isn't as bad as it was at the beginning of the thread. He doesn't like Nintendo games? IDC, and you shouldn't either

I mean we all act retarded in here, but my dude just gets too carried away when it comes to Nintendo.

iconmaster

Banned

Nuance, dude. It’s less attention-grabbing but it will render you more judicious when navigating the ambiguities of life.

You bring up Joy-con stick drift. Is that likely to have happened because Nintendo wanted to cheat its customers or because a certain stick model was the one ready-to-hand component which suited the design priorities of the Switch? I hate that drift is a problem – I’ve sent in three different Joy-cons with the issue already. But on the other hand, Nintendo fixed them all quickly and for free, and every one out of warranty.

And is that Nintendo’s response partly because they’re afraid of bad PR and class-action lawsuits? Probably. But it was also the proper immediate move to correct an issue which affected its customers.

Nuance.

Last edited:

Kabelly

So glad Nintendo has found their lane. After using the Switch since launch I truly believe in the concept. Technology will only advance and future Switch iterations will only get more powerful. Imagine in a few years having PS4 levels of power that you can dock and take on the go with you? I mean I'd totally buy a "PS4 Switch" The thing holding it back is battery power.

RealGassy

Banned
Nuance, dude. It’s less attention-grabbing but it will render you more judicious when navigating the ambiguities of life.

You bring up Joy-con stick drift. Is that likely to have happened because Nintendo wanted to cheat its customers or because a certain stick model was the one ready-to-hand component which suited the design priorities of the Switch? I hate that drift is a problem – I’ve sent in three different Joy-cons with the issue already. But on the other hand, Nintendo fixed them all quickly and for free, and every one out of warranty.

And is that Nintendo’s response partly because they’re afraid of bad PR and class-action lawsuits? Probably. But it was also the proper immediate move to correct an issue which affected its customers.

Nuance.
Drifting issue was known for a LOONG bloody time, before Nintendo did anything.
Frankly, they didn't do anything until that looming class-action lawsuit came knowing down their door.

And the best part, they haven't formally recognized the issue to this day. Talk about nuance lol.
Can't do that, what will happen to the share prices! (again, who acts like this?)

When the nuance you allude to boilds down to pointing out how their manipulative, borderline illegal mobile gambling games have better droprates or being "slightly less manipulative". If only I played free to play games and were a degenerate gambler, I'd truly appretiate how less manipulative Nintendo's free-to-play gambling gacha games are!

When nuance equals saying "well, but EA is worse", you know you've got a strong argument there.

And have to say stuff like 'well, of course they would put tri-wing screws and not sell replacement parts, because if you want to repair your joycons (due to no fault of your own) or replace a worn-out battery yourself (by that time it's going to be out of warranty), that means you're a hacker, modder
or a really bad person'. Not making this up, Jubenhimer implied this.

Nintendo's good aspects?
Are they trying to cure cancer, colonize moon, minimize human dependence on fossil fuels or am I missing something?

Do they have DLCs? Yes.
Do they have paid online? Yes.
Are they engaging in highly manipulative free-to-play microtransaction ridden gambling bullshit? Yes.
Do they do cheap shovelware-tier cashins? Yes.
Do they deny hardware defects until there's a looming class-action lawsuit? Yes.

They do every "shitty" thing in the playbook.

I fail to see how they are in any shape or form better than Microsoft or Sony.

If people like exclusive games made by any of these companies, they just buy them.
No need to spread horse manure about some moral super positions or "nuance".

Maybe Nintendo did at some point do less anti-consumer shit, but that was - what - 10 years ago or something?
Who ever held them back, was it "good guy" Iwata or their own incompetence in regards to online and in-app purchases, who knows. But that time is over.

Top Bottom