• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sick of Switch ports? Here's a bunch of old JRPGs I would rebuy and replay if released on Switch. #Notsorry

Vawn

Banned
j0ky38zzx64y.png

Chrono Trigger
B001E27DLM-5-lg.jpg

Final Fantasy (PSP)
chronodiascreen.png

Final Fantasy II (PSP)
final-fantasy-ii-20070726013954748-000.jpg

Final Fantasy III (DS/PSP)
177480-Final_Fantasy_III_(PSN)_(USA)-1533875388.jpg

Final Fantasy IV
latest

Final Fantasy V
final-fantasy-v-advance-20070108070250947-000.jpg

Final Fantasy VI
final-fantasy-vi-advance-20070215044811900-000.jpg

Final Fantasy XIII
final-fantasy-xiii.jpeg

Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP)
157288-Final_Fantasy_Tactics_-_The_War_of_the_Lions_(Europe)-3.jpg

Lost Odyssey
02-550x.jpg

Lunar (PSP)
s4fb92acfdc2801b655e329c5d204d3f7.jpg

Lunar 2
gfs_26272_2_572_mid.jpg

Valkyrie Profile (PSP)
Photo-2018-06-05-22-57-44.jpg

Valkyrie Profile 2
169882-valkyrie-profile-2-silmeria-screenshot.jpg

j0ky38zzx64y.png

Which of these do you think we may eventually get? Any others people would like to see?

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
I already played all these games more than enough OP. However, Tokyo Mirage this I would replay no problem on Switch.

BruceCM

Chrono Trigger

Final Fantasy IV

Final Fantasy V

Final Fantasy VI

Final Fantasy XIII

Lunar (PSP)

Lunar 2

Valkyrie Profile (PSP)

Valkyrie Profile 2
Which of these do you think we may eventually get? Any others people would like to see?
Hmm, not sure most of those are likely but I'd get all of them if they did..... Which FFIV, though? :messenger_tongue:
The Star Ocean 1 and 2 remasters that came out on the PSP. Everything else in the series was crap.
I'd get them, as well.... :messenger_tongue:

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Given Square-Enix's propensity for porting their old RPGs to everything under the sun, I'm actually surprised that the games OP mentioned by them aren't already on the Switch.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Sometimes i just end up in a weeb thread on neogaf.
And i can't even remember how i ended up in there.

Zog

Banned
I do own a Vita and I loved it. These are all games I'm looking for an excuse to replay and Switch is a great excuse.

Not just replay but also repurchase. I wish Chrysler would make my 2004 minivan again so I would have an excuse to re-drive it. LOL

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
OP needs a Switch with homebrew.

Here I am playing a lot of this stuff on my Switch with Retroarch. Between filters/shaders and achievement support, a lot of these games feel like remasters anyway.

Mr Hyde

I would be down for some Muramasa. I haven´t played that so it would be nice if Vanillaware ported it. They should port Dragon´s Crown and Odin Sphere too, don´t know what´s keeping them. The Final Fantasy-ports would also be great. Every game listed in the OP shouldn´t be any trouble bringing over to Switch, sounds like free Money so confused here why it´s not already on the system.

Microsoft ain't giving Nintendo Lost Odyssey without some quid pro quo.

Would be interesting to see how that would play on a portable with the switches controllers though.

That and Last Remnant.

I suspect most of the FF ones will be added, not sure about the 3D remake of 3 though.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I like some of these OP wrote. I would add Chrono Cross, Xenogears and FFVIII.

Also, where are the FFV and FFVI remakes?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
OP needs a Switch with homebrew.

Here I am playing a lot of this stuff on my Switch with Retroarch. Between filters/shaders and achievement support, a lot of these games feel like remasters anyway.

I'm listening!

I would be down for some Muramasa..

I just started playing the first one again since it was brought up a week or two ago since I forgot I had it from PS+.

It is a damn good game. Loving the soundtrack as well.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm listening!
You just need an exploitable Switch (manufactured before April 2018 or so), a way to short out some pins on the Joy Con rail (either a paperclip or a cheap plastic jig you can buy on eBay), and a way to deliver a boot payload such as an Android phone or a PC. Copy some files onto your SD card, and you're off to the races. Retroarch recently started providing stable Switch binaries, the latest 1.7.6 has something like 44 cores built in. Retroarch has support for shaders and such, as well as achievements via RetroAchievements.org - which I highly recommend even if just using a PC. The Switch's WiFi will connect Retroarch to your retroachievements account, and earning achievements will pop up a dialog on your Switch and push it to the online service.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
You just need an exploitable Switch (manufactured before April 2018 or so), a way to short out some pins on the Joy Con rail (either a paperclip or a cheap plastic jig you can buy on eBay), and a way to deliver a boot payload such as an Android phone or a PC. Copy some files onto your SD card, and you're off to the races. Retroarch recently started providing stable Switch binaries, the latest 1.7.6 has something like 44 cores built in. Retroarch has support for shaders and such, as well as achievements via RetroAchievements.org - which I highly recommend even if just using a PC. The Switch's WiFi will connect Retroarch to your retroachievements account, and earning achievements will pop up a dialog on your Switch and push it to the online service.
Hmm. If they release an upgraded Switch, then I’m doing this with my old one.

Zog

Banned
Though we shouldn't have to do so.
Seriously, how far does this go? Should everything be ported to the Switch. If I preferred the NES version of Final Fantasy 1 should I expect that to be ported to the Switch as well since I shouldn't have to play it on the NES?

Vawn

Banned
Seriously, how far does this go? Should everything be ported to the Switch. If I preferred the NES version of Final Fantasy 1 should I expect that to be ported to the Switch as well since I shouldn't have to play it on the NES?

You're cranky.

Zog

Banned
You're cranky.

How would you have answered a post like that? Everyone's favorite games should be ported to the Switch because they 'shouldn't have to' play them on other hardware.

Last edited:

How would you have answered a post like that? Everyone's favorite games should be ported to the Switch because they 'shouldn't have to' play them on other hardware.

There are already plenty of remakes from different platforms of series like Final Fantasy I to VI.

Why not just use the superior versions from PSP &/or PC as well as the DS version of Chrono Trigger to port them to Switch?

Last edited:

CatCouch

I would buy the Lunar games again. I have the Lunar Silver Star Story Complete poster that I think was a mail in thing with the strategy guide on my wall right now~

j0ky38zzx64y.png

Chrono Trigger
B001E27DLM-5-lg.jpg

Final Fantasy (PSP)
chronodiascreen.png

Final Fantasy II (PSP)
final-fantasy-ii-20070726013954748-000.jpg

Final Fantasy III (DS/PSP)
177480-Final_Fantasy_III_(PSN)_(USA)-1533875388.jpg

Final Fantasy IV
latest

Final Fantasy V
final-fantasy-v-advance-20070108070250947-000.jpg

Final Fantasy VI
final-fantasy-vi-advance-20070215044811900-000.jpg

Final Fantasy XIII
final-fantasy-xiii.jpeg

157288-Final_Fantasy_Tactics_-_The_War_of_the_Lions_(Europe)-3.jpg

Lost Odyssey
02-550x.jpg

Lunar (PSP)
s4fb92acfdc2801b655e329c5d204d3f7.jpg

Lunar 2
gfs_26272_2_572_mid.jpg

Valkyrie Profile (PSP)
Photo-2018-06-05-22-57-44.jpg

Valkyrie Profile 2
169882-valkyrie-profile-2-silmeria-screenshot.jpg

j0ky38zzx64y.png

all of them hopefully
Port begging to pierce the heavens.

giphy.gif
I want chrono trigger for my digital virtual perpetual motion machine.

Smasher89

Only beat like a few chapters in tokyo mirage #fe but sad it never got a patch to send sound through the gamepad like every other wii u game, especiaily with the fames focus on music.

What makes Lost Odyssey different from stuff like Cuphead and Ori?

The quid pro quo is, "you sell your game on Switch and you get money for doing so".

Not sure what you mean since neither of those two are on Switch.

As for Lost Odyssey the issue is MS would have to hire a third party to port/enhance it on the Switch, which means that either the money would be split between MS and that studio per sale, or that Microsoft would have to pay a lumpsum up front. Microsoft usually won't so that unless someone helps foot part of the bill. Minecraft being the only excretion since that's guarantee $$$ near immediately after release.

Here's some more.

3D Dot Game Heroes

FUCK YES this game is amazing. I'm officially a broken record, but this is in my top 3 PS3 games alongside Puppeteer and Demon's Souls and I would love for it to be available elsewhere so more people could enjoy it. I would go nuts for a sequel, but seriously at this point I'll take a quick and dirty Capcom-like port.

Top Bottom