• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sick of Switch ports? Here's a bunch of old JRPGs I would rebuy and replay if released on Switch. #Notsorry

Why it's a joke? I want to play the old Pokemon games before SnS

I think you mean port. They've already been getting remakes.

Maybe joke was a bit much despite assumption it might have been a joke post, and that Pokemon games are super iterative and get remakes nonetheless.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
all of them hopefully

I want chrono trigger for my digital virtual perpetual motion machine.

You can play Chrono Trigger on your iPhone or PSVita. :p

You can play Chrono Trigger on your iPhone or PSVita. :p

I've been looking for the technology to raise land above the clouds so that i can recreate zeal on earth. Raise islands into the heavens and build the magical kingdom so that I can go out with Schala and forget about the rest of the nonsense out there, especially below the clouds.

I'm a hardcore fan.

Last edited:
You were saying?

Only one was announced and they still aren't on the Switch yet. The context of your post was that they were already on it. Still gotta wait for release.

Plus the discussion was focused on Lost Odyssey and that's not rumored or announced so...

Kamina

Golden Boy
Port begging to pierce the heavens.

giphy.gif
Giga Portbeggu Breaka!

Vawn

Banned
Only one was announced and they still aren't on the Switch yet. The context of your post was that they were already on it. Still gotta wait for release.

Plus the discussion was focused on Lost Odyssey and that's not rumored or announced so...

I never said Lost Odyssey was or was not coming. You said it couldn't because Microsoft owned it and wouldn't just put it on Switch unless Nintendo did them a favor. My question was what makes Lost Odyssey different from Cuphead and Ori (which will be announced sooner or later as well).

Also, why does it make any difference if Cuphead is already released or just officially announced?

Last edited:
I never said Lost Odyssey was or was not coming. You said it couldn't because Microsoft owned it and wouldn't just put it on Switch unless Nintendo did them a favor. My question was what makes Lost Odyssey different from Cuphead and Ori (which will be announced sooner or later as well).

Also, why does it make any difference if Cuphead is already released or just officially announced?

Cuphead isn't first party, lost odyssey is. A AA first party game to boot.

And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon were developed by Mistwalker. As was this:

Blue_dragon_awakened_shadow.jpg

Which Microsoft didn't publish and gave the rights temporarily to another company? Last I checked that didn't happen with LO. Not to mention that game was specifically made for DS and not a console port.

Also dismissing the fact Cup Head isn't first party is strange. LO ain't happening. It's a AA jrpg that's a FP IP that was made for home consoles. There's no benefit in MS putting it on Switch. The amount of money to put it on there will lose more money than the game would actually make.

MS is already being stingy as is.

Top Bottom