• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sifu Sales Exceed Two Million Copies Ahead Of Xbox Launch

https://worthplaying.com/article/20...illion-copies-ahead-of-xbox-and-steam-launch/
Publisher Kepler Interactive revealed that developer Sloclap's Sifu sold more than 1 million copies in its first three weeks and has since surpassed 2 million global sales ahead of its arrival on Xbox and Steam on March 28th.

With nine new locations and 45 merciless challenges spread over five game modes, the Arenas Expansion is packing up to 10 extra hours of gameplay into the already demanding title. Masters of Kung Fu will be pushed to their limits as waves of enemies crash upon them in Survival mode, or pushed to perfection in the Performance mode. With Time Attack, players can also battle against the clock on a path filled with enemies. Sifus looking for a twist on the game’s impactful combat can also try the new Capture mode - where players must take and hold a marked area - or Manhunt mode, where a specific target surrounded by protectors must be taken down.
https://www.gamedeveloper.com/busin...er-interactive-s-exceptional-2022#close-modal
Much of that can be owed to the "highly successful" launches of Sloclap's Sifu and Scorn from Ebb Interactive. Both games released last year to decent-to-strong reviews, with Sifu in particular selling 2 million copies so far across its releases on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, and (as of November 2022) Nintendo Switch.

Scorn's specific sales numbers weren't given, so Sifu appears to be the standout of the two. The martial arts roguelike started off strong with its sales last year, netting a million players in three weeks. It's expected to release on Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S via Game Pass later this month, and currently has a film adaptation in the works.

Sifu has done a good job on sales, selling over 2 million units before the Xbox and Steam launch as this was as of Nov 2022. Never played it myself but I'm hearing it more and more.

It's coming to Xbox One, Xbox Series, and Game Pass later this month which will probably help it sell another 2 million if it has as many fans as it seems to.

JaksGhost

You really think the game will sell 2 MORE million copies while being on gamepass? Sure, fam.
It's definitely not considering they're mute about Scorn's sales... but it is a great game so enjoy it how you please gamers.

Last edited:
You really think the game will sell 2 MORE million copies while being on gamepass? Sure, fam.

Another 2 million while being on GP?

Season 5 Lol GIF by Real Husbands of Hollywood

feynoob

Banned
Indie games lose value after release, due to visibility.
They only sell long term when they have sudden exposure like among us.

It depends on how much popularity sifu can have.
In term of 2023 releases, my guess is low numbers considering the heavy release during this month and next month.

These are the releases during sifu launch on steam and Xbox.

Resident Evil 4 Remake (PC, PS4/5, XSX/S) - March 24

Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key (PS5/4, PC, Switch) - March 24

EA Sports PGA Tour (PC, PS5, XSX/S) - March 24

Terra Nil (Mobile, PC) - March 28

MLB The Show 23 (PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, XSX/S) - March 28

The Last of Us Part 1 (PC) - March 28

Crime Boss: Rockay City (PC) - March 28

Dredge (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, XSX/S, Switch) - March 29

Indie games lose value after release, due to visibility.
They only sell long term when they have sudden exposure like among us.

It depends on how much popularity sifu can have.
In term of 2023 releases, my guess is low numbers considering the heavy release during this month and next month.

These are the releases during sifu launch on steam and Xbox.

Resident Evil 4 Remake (PC, PS4/5, XSX/S) - March 24

Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & the Secret Key (PS5/4, PC, Switch) - March 24

EA Sports PGA Tour (PC, PS5, XSX/S) - March 24

Terra Nil (Mobile, PC) - March 28

MLB The Show 23 (PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, XSX/S) - March 28

The Last of Us Part 1 (PC) - March 28

Crime Boss: Rockay City (PC) - March 28

Dredge (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, XSX/S, Switch) - March 29
but you are forgetting the virality of a game when is on Game Pass leading up to an increase in sales.

well, or at least this is what Phil Spencer says.

Wingnut

https://worthplaying.com/article/20...illion-copies-ahead-of-xbox-and-steam-launch/

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/busin...er-interactive-s-exceptional-2022#close-modal

Sifu has done a good job on sales, selling over 2 million units before the Xbox and Steam launch as this was as of Nov 2022. Never played it myself but I'm hearing it more and more.

It's coming to Xbox One, Xbox Series, and Game Pass later this month which will probably help it sell another 2 million if it has as many fans as it seems to.
Todays standard for journalists work is really low. Sifu is not coming to gamepass as of now

StueyDuck

Number be damned I am just happy to see a deserved indie studio trying something a little different getting the recognition.

Personally I didn't love the game but it was more interesting then your generic muted color bean mouth cal arts indie game about anxiety and green hair

DryvBy

How is going to Gamepass going to help it sell another 2 million copies? Lol

Ozriel

M$FT
Todays standard for journalists work is really low. Sifu is not coming to gamepass as of now

Leave journalists alone. The Gamepass talk is Eddie’s invention.

Edit: Just realized the article mentions GP. I guess cooking clueless journalists is back on the menu. My bad, Eddie :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom