• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sigh. UNCONFIRMED RUMOR: Microsoft undermining PS4 multiplat E3 games with $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosehole

What you call desperation, I call a legitimate strategy. They know they've lost a few people after May's reveal, so now they're trying to win them over, and since they have the money, I don't see why they shouldn't.

How is this embarrassing and pathetic? They have the money, so they use it to make his console more appealing to the consumer.

They should be using all this money to make thier product better and more desireable to consumers.

ec0ec0

i would have to explain this to some friend before E3 then... they dont want to be disapointed by the ps4 and this would do exactly that. Microsoft, please

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
So we might see more 1st party Sony stuff than expected? I'm okay with that!

trmas

Banned
MS corporate wouldn't hesitate to do that. It is all about perception, and currently theirs is taking a beating. I imagine they've been talking to Bungie for example, trying to get them to can the PS4 presentation.

Especially, when they may not have Halo to counter with...

Iacobellis

I was under the impression this isn't a new thing.

What's the big deal here? Developers only show off their games on one platform or the other anyways at smaller shows, and not many folks get confused about them suddenly becoming exclusives or anything.

When does that happen?

I wonder, if the two sources are right, what exactly this would entail

Could these devs/pubs still show the game is multiplatform in press releases during E3? Can these devs/pubs at least confirm it during interviews? Are they not allowed to be apart of a sizzle reel? Is this just about games being demoed (meaning all demoed multiplat games would be the Xbox One versions)?

There's still a lot unanswered about the implication of this, even if both sources are right.

If its similar to the Sony reveal of Assassins Creed I would imagine no footage, information, promos or marketing material with the PS4 version until closer to release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom