Silent Hill Book of Memories announced for NGP

Sep 30, 2009
11,216
0
0
I hope it takes more of a traditional approach. Climax did a fucking awesome job of capturing the feel of SH on a handheld with Origins, so I hope whoever is making this can live up to that accomplishment.
 
Mar 27, 2008
18,122
0
0
Buffalo
goo.gl
Isn't there a compendium called the Book of Memories that came with one of the collectors editions of an SH game?

I saw this and screeched. NGP is just looking more and more likely for me.
 

Chittagong

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2004
17,847
963
1,690
worst approval process ever

mine would be

We are doing a new NGP game called Silent H..

APPROVED!
 

Amir0x

Banned
Oct 27, 2004
103,739
3
0
34
Nowhere, PA
I NEED SCISSORS said:
I hope it takes more of a traditional approach. Climax did a fucking awesome job of capturing the feel of SH on a handheld with Origins, so I hope whoever is making this can live up to that accomplishment.
Yea, Origins is still a bottom tier SH game but the feeling of a straight up horror experience in your hands is something uniquely suited for handheld gaming and incomparable anywhere else. It's like reading a scary book under your covers with nothing but a flash light and a thunderstorm raging outside when you were a kid... there's something personal about the horror genre when it slips into your palm.

That's why I can't wait for RE Revelations, which is a more old school horror RE, and why this is now at the top of my list for NGP games
 

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Oct 16, 2007
13,883
2
1,065
Jinfash
Amir0x said:
Yea, Origins is still a bottom tier SH game but the feeling of a straight up horror experience in your hands is something uniquely suited for handheld gaming and incomparable anywhere else. It's like reading a scary book under your covers with nothing but a flash light and a thunderstorm raging outside when you were a kid... there's something personal about the horror genre when it slips into your palm.

That's why I can't wait for RE Revelations, which is a more old school horror RE, and why this is now at the top of my list for NGP games
Just to gain some perspective, do you include 4, shattered memories, and homecoming in that barrel?
 

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Feb 26, 2005
17,582
0
0
Santa Destroy
Is Vatra big enough for two titles?

It's probably Climax again. I own Origins and for some reason, gave up on it only a few hours into it... first time you encounter the Butcher character. Man, I hate breakable weapons.

Still, they managed some stellar stuff with Shattered Memories (still hoping for a sequel), so will surely follow this.
 

yencid

Member
Oct 27, 2009
10,617
0
0
27
then i definitely misheard. I thought i heard playstation portable.

OH WELL THE MORE THE MERRIER
 

Amir0x

Banned
Oct 27, 2004
103,739
3
0
34
Nowhere, PA
Jinfash said:
Just to gain some perspective, do you include 4, shattered memories, and homecoming in that barrel?
in what barrel? If you mean the "bottom tier SH" barrel, the answer is yes for SH and Homecoming, but I think 4 is underrated so probably just above bottom tier. Middle tier.

Although I hesitate to call the abomination Shattered Memories even a part of the series it's so bad and out of the spirit of the franchise
 

Replicant

Member
Mar 20, 2007
28,357
0
0
ULTROS said:
4
Homecoming
Origins
.
.
Poo
.
.
Shattered Memories
Swap Origins with Homecoming and you get my list:

Silent Hill 1
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 4
Silent Hill Origins
reading newspaper
Silent Hill Homecoming
.
.
.
taking a dump
.
.
.
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
 

ULTROS!

Member
Aug 17, 2009
24,607
120
895
Philippines
psnprofiles.com
Replicant said:
Swap Origins with Homecoming and you get my list:

Silent Hill 1
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 4
Silent Hill Origins
reading newspaper
Silent Hill Homecoming
.
.
.
taking a dump
.
.
.
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
I'm glad we almost think a like. :p
 
Mar 21, 2005
22,106
1
0
Very interesting.

Wish they threw us a bigger bone, though. Hopefully during E3...



...and can we please not turn this into another Shattered Memories bashing thread?
 

Amir0x

Banned
Oct 27, 2004
103,739
3
0
34
Nowhere, PA
FTH said:
Oh interesting... didn't know Shattered Memories was so poorly received.

Anyway Vita Day 1, my body is ready etc etc
The feeling about Shattered Memory is mixed in the community like anything.

However, my feeling is firmly that even IF one does like Shattered Memories, it is so clearly not in any way a Silent Hill game. It's so out of the spirit of the rest of the franchise, whether it's gameplay, story or atmosphere that they really should have called it something else.
 

- J - D -

Member
Dec 9, 2009
17,417
0
0
I threw the controller down during the first chase sequence in SM. Never going back.

Bring on this new one, though. Excite.
 

Grisby

Member
Mar 4, 2008
21,379
0
0
SolidSnakex said:
Anything made after 3 is low tier.
Gotta disagree immensely. But hey, thats why Silent Hill is awesome.

NGP is looking to be the next handheld get for me. Not really into them but a new Silent Hill and Uncharted is a great start. Origins showed that SH could work on a handheld.
 

Lime

Member
Apr 27, 2008
26,894
0
0
never forget:



INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Isn't there a compendium called the Book of Memories that came with one of the collectors editions of an SH game?

I saw this and screeched. NGP is just looking more and more likely for me.
The compendium in question is called Book of Lost Memories. Goes into detail about SH1-3.
 

fernoca

Member
Sep 17, 2006
30,835
0
1,075
Puerto Rico
Any info about the actual game..or something?

The subtitle "Book of Memories" only makes me think of that Silent Hill Play Novel for the Game Boy Advance...even more with the Vita having a touch-screen.