• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill Book of Memories announced for NGP

Sadist

rDWbc.png

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-konami/714570

Not much info there, but confirmed during the Downpour talk

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Information please? My Internets suck today, so I can't watch the conference video decently.

Bebpo

Banned
I wonder who the developer is, since there IS no Japanese SH team members anymore after Yamaoka left.

I hope it takes more of a traditional approach. Climax did a fucking awesome job of capturing the feel of SH on a handheld with Origins, so I hope whoever is making this can live up to that accomplishment.

Isn't there a compendium called the Book of Memories that came with one of the collectors editions of an SH game?

I saw this and screeched. NGP is just looking more and more likely for me.

Amir0x

Banned
I NEED SCISSORS said:
I hope it takes more of a traditional approach. Climax did a fucking awesome job of capturing the feel of SH on a handheld with Origins, so I hope whoever is making this can live up to that accomplishment.

Yea, Origins is still a bottom tier SH game but the feeling of a straight up horror experience in your hands is something uniquely suited for handheld gaming and incomparable anywhere else. It's like reading a scary book under your covers with nothing but a flash light and a thunderstorm raging outside when you were a kid... there's something personal about the horror genre when it slips into your palm.

That's why I can't wait for RE Revelations, which is a more old school horror RE, and why this is now at the top of my list for NGP games

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Y2Kev said:
from great to shitty

from great to shitty to kinda great

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Amir0x said:
Yea, Origins is still a bottom tier SH game but the feeling of a straight up horror experience in your hands is something uniquely suited for handheld gaming and incomparable anywhere else. It's like reading a scary book under your covers with nothing but a flash light and a thunderstorm raging outside when you were a kid... there's something personal about the horror genre when it slips into your palm.

That's why I can't wait for RE Revelations, which is a more old school horror RE, and why this is now at the top of my list for NGP games
Just to gain some perspective, do you include 4, shattered memories, and homecoming in that barrel?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Is Vatra big enough for two titles?

It's probably Climax again. I own Origins and for some reason, gave up on it only a few hours into it... first time you encounter the Butcher character. Man, I hate breakable weapons.

Still, they managed some stellar stuff with Shattered Memories (still hoping for a sequel), so will surely follow this.

Amir0x

Banned
Jinfash said:
Just to gain some perspective, do you include 4, shattered memories, and homecoming in that barrel?

in what barrel? If you mean the "bottom tier SH" barrel, the answer is yes for SH and Homecoming, but I think 4 is underrated so probably just above bottom tier. Middle tier.

Although I hesitate to call the abomination Shattered Memories even a part of the series it's so bad and out of the spirit of the franchise

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Jinfash said:
Even so, I wonder how SH fans would rate these "bottom tier" games. I skipped every SH post 3.

Homecoming
Origins
Poo
Shattered Memories

Replicant

ULTROS said:
Homecoming
Origins
Poo
Shattered Memories

Swap Origins with Homecoming and you get my list:

Silent Hill 1
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 4
Silent Hill Origins
reading newspaper
Silent Hill Homecoming
taking a dump
Silent Hill Shattered Memories

ULTROS!

Replicant said:
Swap Origins with Homecoming and you get my list:

Silent Hill 1
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 4
Silent Hill Origins
reading newspaper
Silent Hill Homecoming
taking a dump
Silent Hill Shattered Memories

I'm glad we almost think a like. :p

Very interesting.

Wish they threw us a bigger bone, though. Hopefully during E3...

...and can we please not turn this into another Shattered Memories bashing thread?

daffy

Banned
Oh interesting... didn't know Shattered Memories was so poorly received.

Anyway Vita Day 1, my body is ready etc etc

Amir0x

Banned
FTH said:
Oh interesting... didn't know Shattered Memories was so poorly received.

Anyway Vita Day 1, my body is ready etc etc

The feeling about Shattered Memory is mixed in the community like anything.

However, my feeling is firmly that even IF one does like Shattered Memories, it is so clearly not in any way a Silent Hill game. It's so out of the spirit of the rest of the franchise, whether it's gameplay, story or atmosphere that they really should have called it something else.

- J - D -

I threw the controller down during the first chase sequence in SM. Never going back.

Bring on this new one, though. Excite.

Grisby

SolidSnakex said:
Anything made after 3 is low tier.

Gotta disagree immensely. But hey, thats why Silent Hill is awesome.

NGP is looking to be the next handheld get for me. Not really into them but a new Silent Hill and Uncharted is a great start. Origins showed that SH could work on a handheld.

Lime

never forget:

2.jpg

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Isn't there a compendium called the Book of Memories that came with one of the collectors editions of an SH game?

I saw this and screeched. NGP is just looking more and more likely for me.

The compendium in question is called Book of Lost Memories. Goes into detail about SH1-3.

fernoca

Any info about the actual game..or something?

The subtitle "Book of Memories" only makes me think of that Silent Hill Play Novel for the Game Boy Advance...even more with the Vita having a touch-screen.

Top Bottom