• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill Tease Dropped by Kojima Productions, More Info May be Coming Next Week

E.T. Waifu

I dunno Kojima looks pretty proud shitting on Konami for a while, it would be weird for him to go back to them. Everything's possible though!

Silent Duck

a lot of it seems to be pointing in one direction – Silent Hills

Maybe this thread should be renamed “Reaching |OT|“

nhiVsey.jpg

Reon

Yeah as much as I appreciate most of Kojima’s work I just don’t think he has the writing talent Silent Hill needs to become relevant again. Dude would’ve named James from SH2 Killed Wifeman or something. Maybe if someone else writes and he directs. I dunno.

But I say again yeah I doubt this is happening.
I've never agreed with something so hard in my life

Because he used the word "silent" and using "Pyramid" pencil this means he's teasing a Silent Hill announcement... and not an announcement for the release date for Death Stranding PC port... alrighty then.
The gaming community is dumb as fuck.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
Because he used the word "silent" and using "Pyramid" pencil this means he's teasing a Silent Hill announcement... and not an announcement for the release date for Death Stranding PC port... alrighty then.
The gaming community is dumb as fuck.

To be fair, Kojima's tweet says "next concept," which doesn't really sound like he'd be talking about the Death Stranding PC port.

But yeah, people lose their grip on reality when Kojima's involved. I still remember the "NeverBeGameOver" subreddit where they were all convinced that Death Stranding was secretly an MGS game and the clues for this were somehow in Metal Gear Survive...or something? Pretty entertaining reading material over there for a while.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Silent Hill Remake
3rd Person
Semi-Open World
Side Missions
World transforms in real-time( think Silent Hill Movie)
Made with Decima Engine.
PS5/PC only
Coming 2021
I Wish

Why do you wish for a console exclusive? That makes literally no sense.

Gargus

Banned
Nothing is stopping him and del Toro from making their game. They can simply not use the silent hill name and call it something else. Konami doesn't own a patent on survival horror games.

Besides PT wasn't even the actual game. It was just a concept demo they made.

Nothing is stopping him and del Toro from making their game. They can simply not use the silent hill name and call it something else. Konami doesn't own a patent on survival horror games.

Besides PT wasn't even the actual game. It was just a concept demo they made.
Exactly, it doesn't need to be called Silent Hill to make the same genre.

Athreous

Stop playing games with my heart! >_<

A remake of the first game would be awesome, but a proper remaster of 2 and 3 is also welcome!

But yeah, Silent Hills would be great too!

KiNeMz

Banned
This is totally possible. Although the clues are vague as f. Kojima has never spoken a bad word about Konami. The media and outside world exacerbated the whole situation. Remember Kojima was one of the executive s at Konami for many years. He would still have very tight relationships with many there. Business is business. If Konami can make a dollar with out and risk due to why wouldn't they. Kojima has proven he can deliver a hug quality game on time.

Shantae

Banned
This is totally possible. Although the clues are vague as f. Kojima has never spoken a bad word about Konami. The media and outside world exacerbated the whole situation. Remember Kojima was one of the executive s at Konami for many years. He would still have very tight relationships with many there. Business is business. If Konami can make a dollar with out and risk due to why wouldn't they. Kojima has proven he can deliver a hug quality game on time.
There was this image, which is throwing a bit of shade.

norman-reedus-trolls-konami-after-hideo-kojimas-new-death-stranding-trailer

OrionNebula

The way I see it :

He’s alone
The office is kinda dark

Alone in the Dark!

There’s also 2 figurines on Aki’s desk

Alone in the Dark 2 remake confirmed!

And don’t even get me started on that tiny face thing taped to cover Kojima’s Mac camera...

Don’t get me wrong, I’d like a scenario where the sky is all blue and people break into dance & singing all over the place, and Kojima and Konami (collectively) are smiling and holding hands and... who am I even kidding here...?

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member

Most of that came from Keighley though, Kojima's girlfriend.

Kokoloko85

You didn't like the resident evil 2 remake?

What did you hate, the fast loading? Tight controls, better voice acting or better everything?

Mr x ruined it for me, having him follow you around ruined it. I would of loved the main story as scenrio B. They should of centered scenrio A more on Berkins .

mcjmetroid

Mr x ruined it for me, having him follow you around ruined it. I would of loved the main story as scenrio B. They should of centered scenrio A more on Berkins .
Maybe because I played as Claire where I think mr x shows up a little later, it really didn't bother me a whole lot.

Your mileage may vary though.

Yumi

If someone showed me that id call it a dune not a hill. But for Silent Hill fans I hope he makes one. I wouldnt bet on it though.

Top Bottom