• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill Tease Dropped by Kojima Productions, More Info May be Coming Next Week

Arachnid

But it wasn't even a secret, Capcom had said years prior it was being worked on ("WE DO IT!" was the iconic line/meme from the announcement), we just didn't get much of an update after that.
I might be wrong, but I remember it leaking waaay before the "WE DO IT!" hype. It leaked even before the RE7 trailer tie in (there was some kind of code in a frame that had something to do with the OGRE2s reveal, which was the first RE2 tease). Someone with a better memory than me might be able to lay out the timeline, but rumors of the RE2 remake were circulating back when we were still getting rumors of RE7.

EDIT:
For anyone interested, Silent Hill is on sale (PS3) for $1.79. I don't have a PS3, but I'm going to be ready if PS5 features PS3 backwards compatibility.

I liked PT as a concept for its atmosphere but I absolutely NOT want a first person Silent Hill with celebrity as characters.
Agreed. As much as I loved PT, I was praying the actual game would end up third person. I'm also not a fan of well known actors in video games (most of the time; Mads in DS was the exception for me).

Last edited:
I might be wrong, but I remember it leaking waaay before the "WE DO IT!" hype. It leaked even before the RE7 trailer tie in (there was some kind of code in a frame that had something to do with the OGRE2s reveal, which was the first RE2 tease). Someone with a better memory than me might be able to lay out the timeline, but rumors of the RE2 remake were circulating back when we were still getting rumors of RE7.

EDIT:
For anyone interested, Silent Hill is on sale (PS3) for $1.79. I don't have a PS3, but I'm going to be ready if PS5 features PS3 backwards compatibility.

Agreed. As much as I loved PT, I was praying the actual game would end up third person. I'm also not a fan of well known actors in video games (most of the time; Mads in DS was the exception for me).

Yes, agreed, but remember PT wasn’t a full game. Kojima wouldn’t have hired a well paid actor for his likeness and motion capture, and use a first person perspective for a whole, complete game. That would be a huge waste in spending so much for a likeness and using it sparingly. I’m sure it would have been 3rd person.

Last edited:

J3nga

Kojima productions office as they read this topic:

7GWGZOa.jpg

Doczu

Guys, plese don't start again. When Death Stranding was in production the collective amount of madness while trying to ping the game as MGS0 or Silent Hills was waaaaaay overboard.
This time you have two pictures, one with a fucking sand dune and the second one with i don't even know what, it's so fucking vague.
You know people will fucking try making an "1 hour +" videos with shit like:
- cutting the pictures
- inverting the colors
- mirroring parts of the picture
- randomly compare it to other pictures
-search for tweets made by some bot account and do all the previous steps

Let it go and come back after they show anything worth getting hyped for...
I swear if Kojima took a picture of a steaming hot, fresh shit the internet would go loco for a week trying to pin it to some game development. A pile of stinking shit. Shit.

ExpandKong

Banned
Guys, plese don't start again. When Death Stranding was in production the collective amount of madness while trying to ping the game as MGS0 or Silent Hills was waaaaaay overboard.
This time you have two pictures, one with a fucking sand dune and the second one with i don't even know what, it's so fucking vague.
- cutting the pictures
- inverting the colors

I swear if Kojima took a picture of a steaming hot, fresh shit the internet would go loco for a week trying to pin it to some game development. A pile of stinking shit. Shit.

Shit, you say?

Sounds like Phantom Pain Definitive Edition is confirmed!

Fucking fight me

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
The Sony walkman I saw in first pic reminded me of Mgs. But according to op's approach, we can say that a dlc is coming for Death Stranding(aka walk-man).

Or perhaps they are making a game about Ludens?

KiNeMz

Banned
- cutting the pictures
- inverting the colors

The Kojima conspiracies are some the best reading threads ever. I for 1 endorse this thread.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Why do you wish for a console exclusive? That makes literally no sense.
It wasn't a wish list, I just added "I wish" so people don't think I'm stating it as fact or leaking information
You know what the internet is like.
A news article would have been posted an hour after I posted.

GrayChild

It wasn't a wish list, I just added "I wish" so people don't think I'm stating it as fact or leaking information
You know what the internet is like.
A news article would have been posted an hour after I posted.

Don't try to hide. You just leaked strictly confidential information. There's no point adding "I wish" to your original post.

Get ready to be blacklisted by Sony.

• Triggered
Reactions: TGO

Caffeine

I want to believe plus the recent rumors. something is def happening. either konami has finally accepted to hire koji pro as an outsourced dev. Sony decided to buy the license which could end up ps5/pc. I vaugely recall a rumor last year that sony was planning on purchasing an old ip from a japanese studio.

but pyramid is a pencil company i have many laying around. however march 4th being the japanese release of silent hill and is "next week" is shockingly strange.

uDWfA4Q.png

konami also remained silent on the 20th ani last year. however playstation remembered.

WolfusFh

This is one of the times I get upset with IP laws. "Well I am doing nothing with the name and someone else profiting from it wouldn't harm me at all but.... LAWSUIT".

I would like to see what Kojima or other people could do. Hell, I'd take some fan remakes.

From what I've seen, Konami has been as dissapoiting as EA or Bethesda. So I don't expect anything from SH sadly.

Doczu

The Kojima conspiracies are some the best reading threads ever. I for 1 endorse this thread.
On one hand they are, but they go waay overboard. Remember the time some random doctor was getting hundred messages because he sorta looked like the doctor from the beginning of Phantom Pain? People went wild with him because he was planning to do a head transplant and THAT IS SURELY WHAT WILL HAPPEN IM MGS V SHEEPLE, THIS IS 4D CHESS ARG IM TELLING YA!
Know the limit guys 😂

KOMANI

KOMANI
On one hand they are, but they go waay overboard. Remember the time some random doctor was getting hundred messages because he sorta looked like the doctor from the beginning of Phantom Pain? People went wild with him because he was planning to do a head transplant and THAT IS SURELY WHAT WILL HAPPEN IM MGS V SHEEPLE, THIS IS 4D CHESS ARG IM TELLING YA!
Know the limit guys 😂
You sound like you were on team cgi

MpLl2kR.jpg

Last edited:

Bkdk

If it’s really silent hills I’ll certainly be excited. That’s a game where his design philosophy would work best. I hope it’s semi open level with a lot of side mysteries to explore and interact with, also keep multiple endings tradition in tact.

gela94

This is totally bullshit :messenger_face_steam: Makes me quite a bit annoyed to see this thread and then finding out that it is based on fucking nothing, thanx alot!

- cutting the pictures
- inverting the colors

That's the Kult of Kojima for ya.

GrayChild

Guys, don't forget it's not just Kojima. Ito seems to be teasing something as well, which makes this more plausible.

Collin

Banned
While I agree that this is mostly unlikely, there are enough clues and pieces to make it more plausible than a lot of dumb rumors I see around here.

I mean, just look at Kojima’s past game announcement methods. The dude certainly loves his cryptic subtly! This would be a very on brand way for him to tease something.

magnumpy

Masahiro Ito once said in a tweet that if they were to make a new SH and he was involved, PH would have to be excluded or killed off at the start.

pyramid head could be upgraded, like give him pyramid arms and pyramid legs as well for a total complete pyramid maniac. he comes in at the start and kills off classic old school pyramid head to dominate all pyramid creatures :messenger_neutral:

Last edited:
Top Bottom