• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

'Silicon Valley' Star Thomas Middleditch Has Open Marriage, Group Sex with Fans

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
He's hardly the first guy interested in fucking multiple women, while keeping one at home. He's just managed to pull it off without secrecy by using some progressive non-traditional argument. She's clearly not into it, but goes along because she wants to be supported.

Basically on her to leave him. Sounds like he even disclosed it all to her openly and she went along.

Teslerum

Nov 29, 2018
Do you also believe condoms are sinful because you shouldn't waste sperm?
Interjecting here, but while I'm not regarding condoms as sinful, I do believe in the value of waiting for sex till marriage.

As a society we've gone from being completly repressed to not valuing our sexuality at all.

Last edited:

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
Interjecting here, but while I'm not regarding condoms as sinful, I do believe in the value of waiting for sex till marriage.

As a society we've gone from being completly repressed to not valuing our sexuality at all.
Do you think all people are equally sexually compatible?

If they are, waiting for marriage would not endanger your ability to meet the right person.
But if they are not, then you may end up with someone you just have bad sex with because you both are different, and you would never even know it because you never had good sex, because you only had sex with one person.

Ar¢tos

Formerly 'ColdToffee'
Oct 24, 2017
Portugal

Why should sex as pleasure be any different than other activities?
Should people wait till they are married to eat burgers and chocolate cake?
Should people wait for marriage to have sex and risk dying in an accident before that ever happens?
Life is short. Just enjoy it while you can, conscious of the possible consequences of your actions. You can't live your life in constant fear of imaginary judgment.

Contica

Feb 1, 2016

Now there's a recipe for repressed sexuality and an unhappy life if I ever saw one. I really don't get this attitude. We are sexual beings, like all beings on this planet. It's in our very nature to, you know, do it.

And why not? Just because people have sex on reality shows, doesn't mean you'll change anything by potentially never having a real orgasm. Just value whoever you're with, trwat them with respect, aim to please, and you'll put more value back in sex right there, than from years waiting for it.

Sex should be celebrated as a healthy wonderful thing imo. As long as you don't hurt anyone, and everyone involved is happy with whatever is going on, do whatever the hell you want.

Teslerum

Nov 29, 2018
Should people wait for marriage to have sex and risk dying in an accident before that ever happens?
Life is short. Just enjoy it while you can, conscious of the possible consequences of your actions. You can't live your life in constant fear of imaginary judgment.
Now there's a recipe for repressed sexuality and an unhappy life if I ever saw one. I really don't get this attitude. We are sexual beings, like all beings on this planet. It's in our very nature to, you know, do it.

And why not? Just because people have sex on reality shows, doesn't mean you'll change anything by potentially never having a real orgasm. Just value whoever you're with, trwat them with respect, aim to please, and you'll put more value back in sex right there, than from years waiting for it.

Sex should be celebrated as a healthy wonderful thing imo. As long as you don't hurt anyone, and everyone involved is happy with whatever is going on, do whatever the hell you want.
And a lot of people got butthurt about an opinion. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Also I am very happy with that choice and on that front, thank you very much. :messenger_fistbump:

And I don't think I celebrate my sex life any less than you guys do, but I mean I also don't consider my body and my sex life on the level of chocolate cake and burgers but maybe that's just me.

Last edited:
Reactions: appaws

Contica

Feb 1, 2016
And a lot of people got butthurt about an opinion. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Also I am very happy with that choice and on that front, thank you very much. :messenger_fistbump:

And I don't think I celebrate my sex life any less than you guys do, but I mean I also don't consider my body and my sex life on the level of chocolate cake and burgers but maybe that's just me.
Disagreeing is not the same as being butthurt. You'd know that if you ever had kinky sex.

• Thoughtful
  • LOL
Reactions: E-Cat and Teslerum

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
He's hardly the first guy interested in fucking multiple women, while keeping one at home. He's just managed to pull it off without secrecy by using some progressive non-traditional argument. She's clearly not into it, but goes along because she wants to be supported.

Basically on her to leave him. Sounds like he even disclosed it all to her openly and she went along.
You may have a point if he did it before he married her.

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
You may have a point if he did it before he married her.
I mean, it's a shitty thing to do to someone. But it's still ultimately on you to leave your partner if they do shit you can't put up with. For most people, that absolutely includes cheating.

Reactions: John Day

Contica

Feb 1, 2016
So Ed, you mean to tell me you’re not just a vegan but also a cuckold? I understand now why you’re so salty.
Cuckold? No, I'm in a monogamus relationship. But explain to me how this dude is a cuckold when he's the one getting all the pussy, and you're the one whining about it.

I'm all ears.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: matt404au

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Cuckold? No, I'm in a monogamus relationship. But explain to me how this dude is a cuckold when he's the one getting all the pussy, and you're the one whining about it.

I'm all ears.
I ain’t whining about shit, bruv. I’m laughing at this soy-addled narc who is emotionally destroying this poor woman for his own frivolous gratification. You don’t get to crap on about valuing who you’re with and treating them with respect in one post then try to justify his antics in the next. Pick a lane.

Ownage

Nov 5, 2018
www.zombo.com

Will be harder for her to divorce on grounds of adultery. Irreconcilable differences will need to be defined in detail (lulz).

daveonezero

Nov 19, 2018
I don't give a shit. Ya'll are a bunch of conservative dolts. This society has some sick and twisted possession based views on relationships, love and commitment.

:messenger_pensive:

Polyamory especially within a marriage isn't something that is sustainable. It doesn't respect their vows and someone will likely get hurt. The love he is giving to others really should be going to his wife.
Why are you an authority on other people and what is love? monogamy isn't sustainable. More relationships end. Whether it is ended by choice or someone dies. Yes people get hurt in life.

SKM1

Formerly 'GaugeInvariant'
Mar 7, 2018
I don't give a shit. Ya'll are a bunch of conservative dolts. This society has some sick and twisted possession based views on relationships, love and commitment.

Why are you an authority on other people and what is love? monogamy isn't sustainable. More relationships end. Whether it is ended by choice or someone dies. Yes people get hurt in life.
I would say that usually the things that require work and dedication, including monogamous relationships, are the ones that make life meaningful.

What this dude is doing is basically playing with fire. Consenting adults can do what they want but we have the right, and maybe the responsibility, to shame on this behavior.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008

can i fuck your girl

appaws

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
:messenger_pensive:

Polyamory especially within a marriage isn't something that is sustainable. It doesn't respect their vows and someone will likely get hurt. The love he is giving to others really should be going to his wife.
Yep. This is just another example of something I’ve mentioned on this board quite a few times. We have replaced worship of God not with atheism, but with worship of self.

He is just selfish and puts himself ahead of any higher duty, especially of course his duty to her, which he assented to when getting married.

This is a symptom all of us have to some degree, an outgrowth of modernity. Trying to fill a hole within ourselves with sex, substances, or consumerism. Sad really.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009

Do you think all people are equally sexually compatible?

If they are, waiting for marriage would not endanger your ability to meet the right person.
But if they are not, then you may end up with someone you just have bad sex with because you both are different, and you would never even know it because you never had good sex, because you only had sex with one person.

John Day

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2018
San Juan, PR
Thread ranges from one side of the spectrum to the extreme other. Personally i don’t care, seems like she doesn’t agree all the times, but ain’t afraid to test the waters either.

Again, nothing WE could care to do. Someone in the thread mentioned it should be our moral right to chastize this....errr, no. It’s her right to scream if she’s uncomfortable, but we don’t have to police their relationship.

To be clear, i’m in no side, i really don’t care, we’ve seen some crazy antics from couples before, nothing new here.

Thurible

Aug 15, 2018
Yep. This is just another example of something I’ve mentioned on this board quite a few times. We have replaced worship of God not with atheism, but with worship of self.

He is just selfish and puts himself ahead of any higher duty, especially of course his duty to her, which he assented to when getting married.

This is a symptom all of us have to some degree, an outgrowth of modernity. Trying to fill a hole within ourselves with sex, substances, or consumerism. Sad really.
This is a very well thought out and articulate post. I absolutely agree and I honestly could not say it any better myself.

Why do you seem to have a problem with me thinking and feeling this way on the subject and why do you feel as if monogamous relationships cannot be sustainable? It seems like you are resigned to the fact that eventually every romantic relationship will end someway and are using that as a justification for polyamory. Though I can't really see that as a justification. Just because a relationship may die doesn't mean that it should be betrayed. The goal should be to be with your spouse until death do you part. You give all the love, time, and energy that you can to them: giving this to other people would be a disservice to your spouse and divide the relationship into multiple untenable parts. You are to be faithful and honorbound to them, your duty is not to yourself but to them. No longer one being but two. Selfishness has no room in such a relationship.

SKM1

Formerly 'GaugeInvariant'
Mar 7, 2018
Thread ranges from one side of the spectrum to the extreme other. Personally i don’t care, seems like she doesn’t agree all the times, but ain’t afraid to test the waters either.

Again, nothing WE could care to do. Someone in the thread mentioned it should be our moral right to chastize this....errr, no. It’s her right to scream if she’s uncomfortable, but we don’t have to police their relationship.

To be clear, i’m in no side, i really don’t care, we’ve seen some crazy antics from couples before, nothing new here.
If you're referring to me (please be more specific), the concept of using shame to preserve cultural norms is pretty natural.