• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

'Silicon Valley' Star Thomas Middleditch Has Open Marriage, Group Sex with Fans

Teslerum

Nov 29, 2018
Naw, dude. Risk of getting stuck with someone sexually incompatible is way too high.
Can't say I have ever encountered that supposedly high problem (For me or AFAIK anybody else), but YMMV.

Quite the opposite in some cases where for example a friend of mine (also happily married) has encountered her grandparents doing it like rabbits when she was young, still holding it up as a role model for herself and an example of passion continuing throughout the years.

Gun Animal

Jan 22, 2013
O'ahu, Hawaii
Do you also believe condoms are sinful because you shouldn't waste sperm?
Condoms suck. They break half the time, come off the other half, and it doesn't matter cause it takes forever to orgasm while wearing one anyways. Anyone who says to use condoms either hasn't had sex or hasn't had good sex. (Yes, I've tried every brand, style and size. If you can't relate, it's because you're just not as passionate of a lover.) They're also pointless for avoiding stds if you're eating pussy before/after, and you'd be crazy not to. Just don't fuck anyone you wouldn't mind getting pregnant. Or do anal.

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Condoms suck. They break half the time, come off the other half, and it doesn't matter cause it takes forever to orgasm while wearing one anyways. Anyone who says to use condoms either hasn't had sex or hasn't had good sex. (Yes, I've tried every brand, style and size. If you can't relate, it's because you're just not as passionate of a lover.) They're also pointless for avoiding stds if you're eating pussy before/after, and you'd be crazy not to. Just don't fuck anyone you wouldn't mind getting pregnant. Or do anal.
Wut

Do you have a sharpened pencil for a dick?

E-Cat

Jan 14, 2013
I have to admit I am kind of envious. I am really an omnivore when it comes to girls and can get infatuated from just a single glance; i.e., being bombarded by temptations 24/7, basically. I am addicted to that initial feeling of falling for someone, and those first few sexual explorations with her are just so amazing with the novelty of it all, the hormones peaking, etc. -- the only times when I've ever felt truly alive.

There is such a variety of distinct relationships and pleasures available in this world that I'm finding it basically impossible to settle down. I've got serious FOMO over this stuff.

This is the way that men are built. Whether you choose to follow those instincts or repress them is your prerogative; but I'd wager for most men it never goes away completely. The fact that he is rich and famous probably makes choosing hedonism over so-called traditionalism a more viable option.

Last edited:

Contica

Feb 1, 2016
I ain’t whining about shit, bruv. I’m laughing at this soy-addled narc who is emotionally destroying this poor woman for his own frivolous gratification. You don’t get to crap on about valuing who you’re with and treating them with respect in one post then try to justify his antics in the next. Pick a lane.

My question was how this guy is a cuckold. You didn't answer that. By the sounds of it you don't even know what the word means.

E-Cat

Jan 14, 2013
tbh I don’t really give a shit what goes on between consenting adults, but doing it with fans seems exploitative. If I want a shallow physical-only sexual experience, I’ll want it because someone finds me attractive and wants the dick, not my fame or money.
Pfft, those fans are probably thrilled to get a piece of him. I would, too, if I had a night with a female celeb of my choosing.

As for the question of do they like you for 'you', or just for your money and fame, I am with Larry David on this one:
Who cares what they find you attractive for, especially if it's just a shallow,. physical-only experience.

As a shy, introverted nerd, I would absolutely love to be in a position where I am able to score some pussy "above my grade" due to my fortune. In fact, I would find that highly arousing in and of itself, taste the 'forbidden fruit' and everything. I theorize that the mutual illusion of being with someone more attractive than yourself ("attractive" in whatever sense) is the cornerstone of most long-term relationships.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thaedolus

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Haha, right you are.

Sorry about that. And no, I'm not. Seeing my wife with someone else would probably make me violent.

When did I ever give off the impression that I like watching my wife?
idk most vegans I’ve known are into getting pegged. Sounds like you’re the exception.

E-Cat

Jan 14, 2013
Interjecting here, but while I'm not regarding condoms as sinful, I do believe in the value of waiting for sex till marriage.

As a society we've gone from being completly repressed to not valuing our sexuality at all.
How is it valuing your sexuality not making sure you're sexually compatible with someone before marriage? And by what criteria would you even determine that, being sexually inexperienced?

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
How is it valuing your sexuality not making sure you're sexually compatible with someone before marriage? And by what criteria would you even determine that, being sexually inexperienced?
It’s probably an ignorance is bliss thing with the wait until marriage types. That ain’t my jam but I get it.

Reactions: E-Cat

E-Cat

Jan 14, 2013
okay fuck it

i am CONFUSED
They seem quite a "logical" pairing to me. It looks like you need to recalibrate your sexual-market-value-o-meter.

It’s probably an ignorance is bliss thing with the wait until marriage types. That ain’t my jam but I get it.
There is also something to be said for your first time being "special". For sure, you do develop a bond with that person that is different from any subsequent intimate relationship, irrespective of the "objective quality" of your virgin sex. But yeah, it is like playing the lottery.

Why should sex as pleasure be any different than other activities?
Should people wait till they are married to eat burgers and chocolate cake?
Should people wait for marriage to have sex and risk dying in an accident before that ever happens?
Life is short. Just enjoy it while you can, conscious of the possible consequences of your actions. You can't live your life in constant fear of imaginary judgment.
The answer being, of course, that sex is "corruptive" and "dirty" according to the Bible - therefore, you should only commit that corruptive deed with someone you truly love and are committed to, so as to contain that corruption within the family unit. I know, it doesn't make any sense to me, either. But that's religion for you.

(Actually, let me take that back - there probably IS an evolutionary psychological explanation for the prevalence of the "sex is evil" memeplex, just like there is an explanation for every human cultural behavior. But exploring that is outside the bounds of this topic.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ar¢tos

DS_Joost

Feb 16, 2018
Oh boy here come the knights in shining armor again, defending anything about the institution of marriage that is good and holy...

-and you didn't disappoint GAF. Never change...

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
as opposed to what, not defending the sacred tradition of giving yourself completely to one person

go attend your satanist orgy or whatever it is you do, don't forget your butt plug

• LOL
Reactions: Kamina

Contica

Feb 1, 2016
as opposed to what, not defending the sacred tradition of giving yourself completely to one person

go attend your satanist orgy or whatever it is you do, don't forget your butt plug
Why would you need buttplugs at a satanist orgy? There's like 50 dudes and one chick.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract

E-Cat

Jan 14, 2013
Oh boy here come the knights in shining armor again, defending anything about the institution of marriage that is good and holy...

-and you didn't disappoint GAF. Never change...
We live in an empty, meaningless universe and the "sacred institution of marriage" is just a man-made construct. Get over it.

I ain’t whining about shit, bruv. I’m laughing at this soy-addled narc who is emotionally destroying this poor woman for his own frivolous gratification. You don’t get to crap on about valuing who you’re with and treating them with respect in one post then try to justify his antics in the next. Pick a lane.
You can value and respect someone while also wanting to fuck other people, it is not a zero-sum game. It's just a matter of whether she shares that philosophy, which it looks she doesn't, which is a bummer. But at least he is open about what he wants, and the burden of getting out of an emotionally destructive relationship is on her.

Kadayi

GIF PIMP
Oct 10, 2012
theconclave.net
I really love you but I need to bang other hot chicks because I am slightly rich and famous.

Hope you understand honey, and I will even let you join in while I am banging these other chicks. Win win for everyone.

(until a giant BBC shows up and gives his wife a real pounding LOL)
Yeah. I' get the impression the 3 ways are B-G-G she needs to bring home a couple of Alpha's and see how much he's into that tbh.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
nearly everything is a construct, we ascribe meaning to those establishments because of recurrent symbols and motifs throughout history

Ar¢tos

Formerly 'ColdToffee'
Oct 24, 2017
Portugal
And a lot of people got butthurt about an opinion. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Also I am very happy with that choice and on that front, thank you very much. :messenger_fistbump:

And I don't think I celebrate my sex life any less than you guys do, but I mean I also don't consider my body and my sex life on the level of chocolate cake and burgers but maybe that's just me.
I can have sex anytime, but a burger and chocolate cake is something I only have 1x per month because of the strict diet I have to follow, it's my monthly treat and I really look forward it! So burger and cake can give me more pleasure than sex.
Should people like me replace sex with whatever they can't usually do before marriage, because of the body and soul integrity thingy before entering the filthy dirty world of marriage?

E-Cat

Jan 14, 2013
nearly everything is a construct, we ascribe meaning to those establishments because of recurrent symbols and motifs throughout history
Right. And the necessity of marriage was borne out of the natural/biological tendency of men to be utter whores. Marriage as a concept has arguably provided existential value to the fabric of society throughout history. But that doesn't mean it isn't against nature or is "holy".

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: 12Goblins

Teslerum

Nov 29, 2018
You and your friends/family talk that openly about each other's sexual satisfaction or lack thereof?
Yes. Why not?

Edit: I mean not in any way regularly, but when it comes up it comes up.

(I mean that specific story sounded weird to me too when I first heard it, but then again its also endearing).

Last edited:

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
Right. And the necessity of marriage was borne out of the natural/biological tendency of men to be utter whores. Marriage as a concept has arguably provided existential value to the fabric of society throughout history. But that doesn't mean it isn't against nature or is "holy".
it's a consecrated religious act and an exalted union (devotion) of two people under the eyes of the allfather

it's holy, doesn't matter if god exists or not, free will exists or not, meaning or not

Last edited:
Reactions: appaws

Xisiqomelir

Dec 25, 2006
Uhh I watched and thoroughly enjoyed King of the Monsters, but I have no idea who this scrawny hipster pervert is.

E-Cat

Jan 14, 2013
it's a consecrated religious act and an exalted union (devotion) of two people under the eyes of the allfather

it's holy, doesn't matter if god exists or not, free will exists or not, meaning or not
In practice, it is an agreement between two people not to cheat on each other.

Reactions: Shodan09

E-Cat

Jan 14, 2013
If marriage is such a meaningless, antiquated concept to the atheist left, why the fuck do they care so much about gay marriage?
Symbolic equality vis-à-vis heterosexual couples. Plus, in some cases marriages are granted certain benefits and protections that civil unions aren't.

Last edited:

Sterling88

Neo Member
Sep 19, 2019
If marriage is such a meaningless, antiquated concept to the atheist left, why the fuck do they care so much about gay marriage?

Love is love! Except if you’re straight, then it’s just like whatever man.
Expecting those hypocrite fucks to make sense is laughable. The left don't actually care about principles and morals, they only want to force their own craziness on everyone else.

Dontero

Apr 19, 2018
Right? You make your vows for a reason. If you can't respect that, don't get married in the first fucking place.
That is not my point. It literally makes no sense logically other than some money benefits which at this point makes no sense.

because what is the difference between single person sleeping around and married person sleeping around ? Then why the other one should get benefits for which single person pays for.

Sterling88

Neo Member
Sep 19, 2019
That is not my point. It literally makes no sense logically other than some money benefits which at this point makes no sense.

because what is the difference between single person sleeping around and married person sleeping around ? Then why the other one should get benefits for which single person pays for.
The difference is that people who are married have made a commitment in the eyes of the law/whatever religion they follow to be faithful.

If you're single and sleeping around with whatever chicks you can find, then that's on you. It's your decision. Just don't fuck up other people's lives and don't try to ruin marriages.

Reactions: Bolivar687

fantomena

Jun 1, 2013
I don¨t understand why people cares about it. Don't like open relationship? Okay, move on.

The difference is that people who are married have made a commitment in the eyes of the law/whatever religion they follow to be faithful.
What law?