• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

'Silicon Valley' Star Thomas Middleditch Has Open Marriage, Group Sex with Fans

Thaedolus

Jun 9, 2004
Please explain, I'm intrigued.
Sure I guess I should: I'm not a multimillionaire or anything, but I make enough that I want for nothing, have plenty in the bank ,and can afford to look the part. So I have nice clothes, which I wear when I go out, and I can drop some money when I'm out without worrying about it, it's not a big deal. Women tend to notice that shit. It's obvious when someone's holding down a good job because they don't look like a bum. When I go out, I don't look like a bum. My car isn't new, but it's also clean and cared for. I might have thinning hair, but I'm only ever a couple weeks away from my last hair cut and I keep my beard trimmed and shaped right. There are a lot of signals that girls pick up on which means this guy's got it together and has money, vs. this guy's a bum and they don't want to waste their time on him. I get way more attention now that I'm married and got my shit together than when I was young and broke...which is the biggest fuckin challenge in life for people married in their 30's, because one foible we have is the need for some goddamn sexual attention.

So anyway....money actually still is a thing, but it's enough of a non-factor that women see and recognize it being a non-factor for me. On top of that, I'm well positioned to get a new job that will be about a 35% raise this month...so everything's coming up Milhouse.

E-Cat

Jan 14, 2013
Sure I guess I should: I'm not a multimillionaire or anything, but I make enough that I want for nothing, have plenty in the bank ,and can afford to look the part. So I have nice clothes, which I wear when I go out, and I can drop some money when I'm out without worrying about it, it's not a big deal. Women tend to notice that shit. It's obvious when someone's holding down a good job because they don't look like a bum. When I go out, I don't look like a bum. My car isn't new, but it's also clean and cared for. I might have thinning hair, but I'm only ever a couple weeks away from my last hair cut and I keep my beard trimmed and shaped right. There are a lot of signals that girls pick up on which means this guy's got it together and has money, vs. this guy's a bum and they don't want to waste their time on him. I get way more attention now that I'm married and got my shit together than when I was young and broke...which is the biggest fuckin challenge in life for people married in their 30's, because one foible we have is the need for some goddamn sexual attention.

So anyway....money actually still is a thing, but it's enough of a non-factor that women see and recognize it being a non-factor for me. On top of that, I'm well positioned to get a new job that will be about a 35% raise this month...so everything's coming up Milhouse.
Ha, so in order for money not to be a thing, you need money - making it a thing.

Good luck with your receding hairline and treacherous gold diggers, I guess?

• LOL
Reactions: brap

Thaedolus

Jun 9, 2004
Ha, so in order for money not to be a thing, you need money - making it a thing.

Good luck with your receding hairline and treacherous gold diggers, I guess?
When I said money isn't really a thing, what I meant was I don't really think about it much. Of course it's a thing, but idioms sometimes don't sound like what we really mean after the fact.

The fact is I'm not stressing about money constantly, and that carries over into a lot of other areas in life. I don't go too long between haircuts because I can't afford them, I don't buy shitty clothes because nice ones are too expensive, I don't drive a piece of junk that hasn't been washed in months because that costs money....to be honest if I wanted to get hair transplants it probably wouldn't be cost prohibitive either, but I'm nowhere near that point and women don't seem to care anyway. I was just pointing out that when I was younger I had more hair, but now that I've got my shit in order I seem to attract more attention. That's all.

Reactions: Tesseract