• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siliconera Rumor 2 Karin Kanzuki And R. Mika Will Return For Street Fighter V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier, Siliconera reported that Alex and Urien from Street Fighter III would be part of the playable roster in Street Fighter V. Now, we can confirm two more characters: Karin Kanzuki and R. Mika from the Alpha series.

Karin made her first appearance in a Street Fighter spin-off manga starring Sakura. She made her playable debut in Street Fighter Alpha 3, and was then included in Capcom Fighting Evolution as well.

Meanwhile, R. Mika, too, made her first appearance in Street Fighter Alpha 3. She hasn’t been featured in any of Capcom’s fighters following that game.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/0...m_campaign=Feed:+siliconera/MkOc+(Siliconera)

Thores

Oh shit, that would make that one rumor list true.

But Ken Bogard disagreed with that list? And he cited R. Mika's inclusion as the reason.

Ferrio

Banned
Even more characters people were thinking were going to make it. Hell I called Karin at that teaser splash screen they released at E3.

I'm glad they seem to be mixing things out for SFV. My concern was that this was just going to be SFIV-2, seeing these lineup rumors is making me feel different about that

pizzacat

Banned
That article reminded me how irrelevant these characters are again. I have a feeling people just want them for a certain reason

Xav

hEKCirt.gif

tumblr_m9sqah3XWN1r8dy8go1_500.gif

FLYING PEACHES FOR EVERYONE

IIRC, Mika and Karin are rivals, so getting them both in make sense.
Hope we're not getting taken for a ride, however. Mika was maybe the only really technical character I was decent with.

Ferrio

Banned
Honestly I despise R.Mika. I really hope she gets some kinda redesign because her original outfit is really really stupid.

Also she better still be voiced by the Naruto voice actress.

Kouichi

Their source is more likely to be leaked list that have been floating around the internet lately.

How reliable is Siliconera anyways? Are they really the type of site to just post any old rumor?

Maybe the person who made that leak list is their "source" instead of the list itself :p

delSai

Aren't there some licensing/legal issues with Karin?
Cool if true tho, it's good to see characters that people are asking for.

Honestly I despise R.Mika. I really hope she gets some kinda redesign because her original outfit is really really stupid.

Also she better still be voiced by the Naruto voice actress.
Yah never liked R.Mika and don't understand the love for her. Did anyone even play her?

Thores

Which rumor list? And is Ken Masters on it?

This rumor list from a few weeks ago that the Siliconera claims are lining up very conveniently with:

-Ryu
-Chun-Li
-M.Bison
- Nash
- Cammy
- Birdie
- R.Mika
- Zangief
- Dhalsim
- Juri
- Karin
- Ken
- Urien
- Alex
- Laura (New character from Brazil)
- Rashid (New character from Africa)
- Zen (New character from India)
- New Boss

How reliable is Siliconera anyways? Are they really the type of site to just post any old rumor?

Maybe the person who made that leak list is their "source" instead of the list itself :p
Well, for what is worth, Siliconera are the ones that leaked FF7 Remake would be announced at E3 so

At this point, I would be surprised of R. Mika wasn't included in this game.

That Kuma outfit has to lead to something, lol.

Karin would be pretty sweet too.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Here's a rumor list from a few weeks ago that the Siliconera claims are lining up very conveniently with:

-Ryu
-Chun-Li
-M.Bison
- Nash
- Cammy
- Birdie
- R.Mika
- Zangief
- Dhalsim
- Juri
- Karin
- Ken