• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simon Pegg is co-writing the new draft for Star Trek 3 with Doug Jung

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://deadline.com/2015/01/star-trek-3-simon-pegg-1201355170/

EXCLUSIVE: Simon Pegg has been set to co-write Star Trek 3, the film that just got Fast & Furious director Justin Lin aboard after Roberto Orci exited the helmer chair. He will co-write the script with Doug Jung, creator of the TNT series Dark Blue. Pegg’s already a pivotal player in the JJ Abrams-produced Paramount/Skydance pic; he also will reprise his role as Scotty, the engineering wiz originated by James Doohan in the original 1960s Gene Roddenberry series. Don’t be surprised if Scotty beams up further on the call sheet. Jung also wrote for Bad Robot and Paramount a film called Diamond, which is how he got the gig. They are just getting underway.

tumblr_m8jzleWBYI1r9652ro1_400.gif

HUELEN10

For the last God-damned time, it's XIII, not III!

As for the news, this is AWESOME! I hope this film is amazing...

I guess since Kirk came back to life in the last one we're skipping Search for Spock and going straight to The Voyage Home. The Enterprise crew end up in late twentieth century London and Scotty has to team up with local 'military expert' Mike (Nick Frost) to... I dunno, steal a couple of Pandas or something. Hijinks ensue.

edit: Featuring a scene of Kirk trying to pawn his antique iPhone years before they existed.

for me, the good news at least, is that they'll be using as little of Orci's draft as possible.

it must have really sucked if Paramount is willing to reboot their progress like this.

jackdoe

for me, the good news at least, is that they'll be using as little of Orci's draft as possible.

it must have really sucked if Paramount is willing to reboot their progress like this.
Everything about the project had failure written over it. Like having a first time writer and a first time director handle a 200 million dollar summer blockbuster.

Veitsev

So we have one of the best action directors in the business (Lin) and a competent writer who understands/loves Star Trek and is good at writing dialogue/characters. Sounds like a big potential win to me.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Nothing but good news. By default, it will be infinitely better than whatever Orci would have written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom