• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Remy said:
US also got the DJ Bobo track we missed last week, meaning my DJ Bobo collection has grown to 2.

The Britney pack is up on the US store as well. The video montage on the store is great since you can't actually tell they're changing songs.

Is your DJ Bobo song separate from the other one? Mine don't group at all, they are put as separate artists, even if the name is the same.

thatJohann

Tntnnbltn said:
oh1b8w.jpg

Britney Spears song pack tracklist
* 1999: "(You Drive Me) Crazy"
* 1999: "Born To Make You Happy"
* 2000: "Stronger"
* 2000: "Oops I Did It Again"
* 2002: "I Love Rock 'n' Roll"

Source: Your's truly. ;-)

No confirmation on the price, however all song packs to date have been the same price (£4.49 / AU$11.45 / US$6.99). Also no confirmation on release date. The Britney Spears song pack has not officially been announced yet.

Edit: The song will be part of this week's update, and in fact is available right now.

HOTNESSS!! me WANT

Tntnnbltn said:
oh1b8w.jpg

Britney Spears song pack tracklist
* 1999: "(You Drive Me) Crazy"
* 1999: "Born To Make You Happy"
* 2000: "Stronger"
* 2000: "Oops I Did It Again"
* 2002: "I Love Rock 'n' Roll"

Source: Your's truly. ;-)

No confirmation on the price, however all song packs to date have been the same price (£4.49 / AU$11.45 / US$6.99). Also no confirmation on release date. The Britney Spears song pack has not officially been announced yet.

Edit: The song will be part of this week's update, and in fact is available right now.

Is it bad that I have only heard one song out of that whole list? The song being I did it again.

Tntnnbltn

JeFfRey said:
Is your DJ Bobo song separate from the other one? Mine don't group at all, they are put as separate artists, even if the name is the same.
I used to have that problem with "Vampires Are Alive" and "Because of You" when I first purchased them, but it's fixed now. I might have redownloaded them at one stage.

Edit: I noticed they modified the Britney Spears songpack art since I discovered it last week. (Left: Old, Right: New)
oh1b8w.jpg
image_2000PQ.jpg

lupinko

North America Store

English:
Atomic Kitten - Eternal Flame
The Blow Monkeys - Digging Your Scene
The Blow Monkeys - It Doesn't Have To Be This Way
Börni - Scream My Name
The Divine Comedy - Becoming More Like Alfie
Dizzee Rascal feat. Calvin Harris & Chrome - Dance Wiv Me (SingStar Vol. 3)
DJ Bobo - Let The Dream Come True
Donots - Saccharine Smile
Donots - Stop The Clocks
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax
LFO - Summergirls
Mario Biondi - This Is What You Are
MGMT - The Youth
Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder - Ebony And Ivory (SingStar Vol. 3)
Roy Orbison - Blue Bayou
Suede - Europe Is Our Playground
Sunrise Ave - Romeo
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby

French:
Frédéric Lerner - Ça Passe Ou Ça Casse

Song Packs:
Britney Spears
- Born To Make You Happy
- I Love Rock n Roll
- Oops! I Did It Again
- Stronger

Are you having a laugh? :D

Tntnnbltn

Wow. The US PS Blog actually has a post about a SingStore update for once.

I hope that they keep regular posts coming through the PS Blog. US customers currently don't have a communication channel like we do with the UK Facebook team.

lupinko

When does SingStar Queen come out again? It would give a good idea on when the next songpacks/singles will be put on the SingStore.

XD

MadFuzzy

lupinko said:
When does SingStar Queen come out again? It would give a good idea on when the next songpacks/singles will be put on the SingStore.

20th March in Europe. So the extra singles might either be in next week's update (13th March) or in the one on 27th March.

lupinko

Singstar Queen better have trophies, and yes I will probably end up double dipping with both the downloads and the game.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Yeah, they might

Edit: I'll probably send off an email to SCEE on Monday regarding the trophies. Can someone hook me up to a source of the "all 2009 PS3 games must have trophies" quote, please?

The game is pretty much exactly the same as SingStar ABBA; one wallpaper, a number of Queen songs (25, and five melodies) and not much else.

Not very exciting!

McBacon said:
Yeah, they might

Edit: I'll probably send off an email to SCEE on Monday regarding the trophies. Can someone hook me up to a source of the "all 2009 PS3 games must have trophies" quote, please?

The game is pretty much exactly the same as SingStar ABBA; one wallpaper, a number of Queen songs (25, and five melodies) and not much else.

Not very exciting!
Here are some links:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6201444.html
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171450
http://www.videogamer.com/news/20-11-2008-9989.html (mentions SCEE)

It's all over the place about this.

gcubed

McBacon said:
Yeah, they might

Not very exciting!

they'll probably pull some crap like "its just an iteration of game so it doesn't meet the trophy requirements"

Tntnnbltn

Not that this is any form of surprise, but SingStar Pop Edition has been rated by the OFLC.

2ufsxli.png

Also, SingStore update announcement should be out today or tomorrow. Wonder if it will have the Queen singles?

Tntnnbltn

UK SingStore Update, 12th March 2009

English:
Ari Koivunen - "Hear My Call" (Preview)
D-A-D - "Bad Craziness" (Preview)
D-A-D - "Laugh N A Half" (Preview)
Elvira Nikolaisen - "Sweet Sweet" (Preview)
Leona Lewis - "Run" (Preview)
Martina McBride - "A Broken Wing" (Preview)
Minor Majority - "Dancing In The Backyard" (Preview)
Minor Majority - "Supergirl" (Preview)
Richard Hawley - "Valentine" (Preview)
Rogue Traders - "Voodoo Child" (Preview)
Sanne Salomonsen - "You've Never Been Loved Before" (Preview)
Sara Bareilles - "Bottle It Up" (Preview)
Simon Mathew - "All Night Long" (Preview)

Danish:
Nik & Jay - "Hot"
Nik & Jay - "Lækker"

Dutch:
Peter Van De Veire - "Neem Me Mee"

Finnish:
Egotrippi - "Matkustaja"

French:
Alain Souchon - "Foule Sentimale"
Lââm - "Jamais Loin De Toi"

Italian:
Vasco Rossi - "Vita Spericolata"

Portuguese:
Avô Cantigas - "Fantasminha Brincalhão"

agm2502

About time they got Leona Lewis, my fiance will love this update just cause of that song. wonder when we'll hear details on the Coldplay songpack.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
nothing in this week for me.. :( though interesting that I think this might be the first country song outside of Singstar Country that's been released.. someone correct me if I'm wrong or if the song is in fact some kind of pop crossover. talking about the Martina McBride song.

MadFuzzy

Now THAT is the weakest update they've done in a very long time.

So it'll be extra Queen songs on 27th March then, assuming they don't do a special update next Friday alongside the release of Singstar Queen...

Tntnnbltn

MadFuzzy said:
Some people around the forums are describing it as fantastic, so I guess it all depends on taste.

For me, the inclusion of Rogue Traders alone made this the best update of 2009. I'll also get Sara Bareilles.

borghe said:
nothing in this week for me.. :( though interesting that I think this might be the first country song outside of Singstar Country that's been released.. someone correct me if I'm wrong or if the song is in fact some kind of pop crossover. talking about the Martina McBride song.
"A Broken Wing" was Martina McBride's first song to chart on the US Billboard Hot 100 in 1997 (it peaked at #61). The song was featured on the US PS2 version SingStar Country.

agm2502

MadFuzzy said:

So it'll be extra Queen songs on 27th March then, assuming they don't do a special update next Friday alongside the release of Singstar Queen...

Not many English songs. But Leona's cover of Run is a fairly popular song and was the fastest selling download in the UK when it was released in December, I can imagine it'll be one of the most bought Singstore song aswell.

Tntnnbltn

In terms of chart-age...

1997: Martina McBride - "A Broken Wing" (#61 US)
2005: Rogue Traders - "Voodoo Child" (#3 UK; #4 AU)
2008: Richard Hawley - "Valentine" (#138 UK)
2008: Sara Bareilles - "Bottle It Up" (#92 UK; #107 US)
2008: Leona Lewis - "Run" (#1 UK; #78 AU; #81 US)

Of the songs which actually charted in the big 3 (UK, AU, US), this update skews European and towards current pop music. Basically it comes down to whether you know of the Leona Lewis and Rogue Traders songs or not. Sara Bareilles might gain some purchases based on name recognition (her more successful "Love Song" peaked at #4 in the US and UK), but other than that there's not much for the US or those liking older songs.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
got very drunk and played Singstar ABBA on the weekend.

it was GLORIOUS.

also props to Tntnnbltn for doing such a kickarse job with the updates.

MadFuzzy

agm2502 said:
But Leona's cover of Run is a fairly popular song and was the fastest selling download in the UK when it was released in December, I can imagine it'll be one of the most bought Singstore song aswell.

Leona will sell there's no doubt of that, but it's interesting that they picked the cover of a Snow Patrol song rather than Bleeding Love (available on Lips) which I'd argue is better known globally.

The rest of it is very Euro-skewed though, and that means it's slim-pickings for English speakers this fortnight. Then again Lips has had "weaker" updates over the last week or two as well, so it's not just a Singstar problem at the moment.

agm2502

MadFuzzy said:
Leona will sell there's no doubt of that, but it's interesting that they picked the cover of a Snow Patrol song rather than Bleeding Love (available on Lips) which I'd argue is better known globally.

The rest of it is very Euro-skewed though, and that means it's slim-pickings for English speakers this fortnight. Then again Lips has had "weaker" updates over the last week or two as well, so it's not just a Singstar problem at the moment.

It wouldn't suprise me if they include Bleeding love in some sort of X Factor song pack seeing as they have Shane Ward on the store and as far as I know all X Factor singers go onto Sonys music label.

Returners

I would think that Bleeding Love would be included as one of the songs in Vol. X.

Its popular enough to attract people to buy the damm disc (which I will :( )

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I really found it odd that people are doing covers, well one year or two after the original is out. We used to wait two decades to get new upgraded versions, same thing with movies that get "refreshed" after three years :/. So much for the youtube generation...

linsivvi

JeFfRey said:
I really found it odd that people are doing covers, well one year or two after the original is out. We used to wait two decades to get new upgraded versions, same thing with movies that get "refreshed" after three years :/. So much for the youtube generation...

To be fair the Snow Patrol song is like 5 years old when Leona's cover came out. Too bad Sony went with the more popular Leona version instead of the original, which in my opinion is far, far superior.

Roxas

JeFfRey said:

To be fair to Leona, she was only meant to perform it as a one off for Radio 1's 'Live Lounge', and it kinda snowballed after that. People wanted it released as a single..and it got added to her album also as part of the "Deluxe" re-release.

polg

Here in NZ, the wireless mics are being sold stand alone without the new SingStar. Is that the same everywhere else?

Tntnnbltn said:
I used to have that problem with "Vampires Are Alive" and "Because of You" when I first purchased them, but it's fixed now. I might have redownloaded them at one stage.

Edit: I noticed they modified the Britney Spears songpack art since I discovered it last week. (Left: Old, Right: New)
oh1b8w.jpg
image_2000PQ.jpg

Just wanted to again say thank you to Tntnnbltn for your continued work on this thread. I find all kinds of things interesting - definitely including the change in song pack icons you pointed out above. Keep it up man, they should hire you on with the SCEE SingStar team.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
linsivvi said:
To be fair the Snow Patrol song is like 5 years old when Leona's cover came out. Too bad Sony went with the more popular Leona version instead of the original, which in my opinion is far, far superior.

Yeah, of course, but I was also talking about other songs like Destination Calabria which was also redone many times.

Tntnnbltn

US SingStore Update, 12 March 2009

Songs from this week's European update:
Ari Koivunen - "Hear My Call"
D-A-D - "Bad Craziness"
D-A-D - "Laugh N A Half"
Leona Lewis - "Run"
Martina McBride - "A Broken Wing"
Minor Majority - "Dancing In The Backyard"
Minor Majority - "Supergirl"
Richard Hawley - "Valentine"
Rogue Traders - "Voodoo Child"
Sanne Salomonsen - "You've Never Been Loved Before"
Simon Mathew - "All Night Long"

Songs from previous European updates:
Coldplay - "Hardest Part"
Coldplay - "The Scientist"
The Dandy Warhols - "Bohemian Like You"
Duran Duran - "Girls on Film"

Songs exclusively released in the US:
Natasha Bedingfield - "Pocketful of Sunshine"

Songs that didn't make it:
Elvira Nikolaisen - "Sweet Sweet"
Sara Bareilles - "Bottle It Up"

Tntnnbltn

Coldplay song-pack details

The song pack will contain the following songs:

* "Brothers & Sisters" (1999)

* 1x song from Parachutes
---- Possibly: "Don't Panic"
---- Possibly: "Trouble"

* 1x song from A Rush Of Blood To The Head
---- Possibly: "In My Place"
---- Possibly: "God Put A Smile On Your Face"

* 2x songs from Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends
---- Possibly: "Violet Hill"
---- Possibly: "Lost"
---- Possibly: "Lovers In Japan"
---- Possibly: "Life In Technicolor II"

thumb_100N5R.jpg
thumb_100N5T.jpg
thumb_100N5S.jpg
thumb_100N8X.jpg
thumb_100MQ6.jpg

To my knowledge, "Viva la Vida" will not be part of the song pack.

Tntnnbltn

lupinko said:
Singstore needs more Delta Goodrem, too bad Born to Try does nothing for me. =/
Damn right it does. I'd love to see...
* 2003: "Lost Without You"
* 2003: "Not Me, Not I"
* 2003: "Predictable"
* 2005: "Almost Here" (would be a great duet)
* 2007: "Believe Again"

"You Will Only Break My Heart" might actually have a chance of getting on the store though. It was on the Australian PS2 version "SingStar Hottest Hits".

MadFuzzy

Tntnnbltn said:
Coldplay song-pack details

The song pack will contain the following songs:

* "Brothers & Sisters" (1999).

Interesting choice, since that's from a pre-fame EP.

Tntnnbltn said:
* 1x song from A Rush Of Blood To The Head
---- Possibly: "God Put A Smile On Your Face"

Could be In My Place too.

Tntnnbltn

MadFuzzy said:
Interesting choice, since that's from a pre-fame EP.
And doesn't have a music video. I wonder if they picked it because it would be cheap to license, giving them more leeway in licensing newer songs from the Viva la Vida album...
Could be In My Place too.
Ah yep, included that now.

Tntnnbltn

Also, some other miscellaneous updates... (I've been away for a couple days, so it's built up)

I stumbled across a piece of cover art which I think is for the voice control method. (The image code is 400VCM -- well outside the usual numbering system).
image_400VCM_0.jpg

And here's the art for SingStar Pop Edition, courtesy of Amazon UK.
34q1wds.jpg

Top Bottom