• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

Tntnnbltn said:
Just when you think you know what time they're gonna post it. :(

But wow, big update. Will take a while to type up...
Thanks for your big support to this thread. I can't go to Sony's blog for now (work) so I'll wait for your well formated post :D

Tntnnbltn

UK SingStore Update, 1st October, 2009

English:
  • 1990s – "You’re Supposed To Be My Friend"
  • 3 Doors Down – "Kryptonite"
  • 4 Non Blondes – "What’s Up?"
  • Aleksander With – "A Little Too Perfect"
  • Ashlee Simpson – "Invisible"
  • Badly Drawn Boy – "Once Around The Block"
  • Billy Ray Cyrus – "Achy Breaky Heart"
  • Blind - "Break Away"
  • Celine Dion - "Love Can Move Mountains"
  • Cheap Trick – "The Flame"
  • Chris Brown – "With You"
  • Fools Garden – "Lemon Tree"
  • Free – "Alright Now"
  • Kajagoogoo – "Too Shy"
  • Klaxons – "Gravity’s Rainbow"
  • Kool And The Gang – "Ladies Night"
  • Koop Arponen – "Every Song I Hear"
  • Liberty X – "Just A Little"
  • Lovin’ Spoonful – "Summer In The City"
  • Maroon 5 – "Makes Me Wonder"
  • Natasha Bedingfield – "Pocketful of Sunshine"
  • Neverstore – "Rejected All Along"
  • Rockwell – "Somebody’s Watching Me"
  • Roxette – "Dressed For Success"
  • Roxette – "Joyride"
  • Roxette – "Sleeping in My Car"
  • Roxette – "The Look"
  • Roxette – "Wish I Could Fly"
  • Sam Sparro – "Black And Gold"
  • Sanne Salomonsen – "Everybody’s Eyes On You"
  • The Saturdays – "Just Can’t Get Enough"
  • Senses Fail – "Can’t be Saved"
  • Simple Minds – "Don’t You Forget About Me"
  • Spandau Ballet – "Lifeline"
  • The Specials – "Ghost Town"
  • Superfamily – "The Radio Has Expressed Concerns About What You Did Last Night"
  • Vampire Weekend – "A-Punk"

Dutch:
  • Guus Meeuwis – "Proosten"

Finnish
  • Jonna Tervomaa – "Rakkauden Haudalla"

Spanish
  • Belle Perez – "El Mundo Bailando"

Portuguese:
  • D’ZRT – "Stuttgart 4TO"
  • Pólo Norte – "Asa Livre"

Tntnnbltn

US SingStore Update, 1st October, 2009

English:
  • 1990s – "You’re Supposed To Be My Friend"
  • Aleksander With – "A Little Too Perfect"
  • Badly Drawn Boy – "Once Around The Block"
  • Blind - "Break Away"
  • Celine Dion - "Love Can Move Mountains"
  • Cheap Trick – "The Flame"
  • Chris Brown – "With You"
  • Fools Garden – "Lemon Tree"
  • Kajagoogoo – "Too Shy"
  • Kool And The Gang – "Ladies Night"
  • Koop Arponen – "Every Song I Hear"
  • Lovin’ Spoonful – "Summer In The City"
  • Neverstore – "Rejected All Along"
  • Sanne Salomonsen – "Everybody’s Eyes On You"
  • Senses Fail – "Can’t be Saved"
  • The Specials – "Ghost Town"
  • Superfamily – "The Radio Has Expressed Concerns About What You Did Last Night"
  • Vampire Weekend – "A-Punk"

Tntnnbltn said:
UK SingStore Update, 1st October, 2009
  • 4 Non Blondes – "What’s Up?"
  • Kajagoogoo – "Too Shy"
  • Rockwell – "Somebody’s Watching Me"
  • Roxette – "Dressed For Success"
  • Roxette – "Joyride"
  • Roxette – "Sleeping in My Car"
  • Roxette – "The Look"
  • Roxette – "Wish I Could Fly"
  • Sam Sparro – "Black And Gold"

What a freaking update! Wow!

Tntnnbltn

bryehn said:
Ugh, they skipped the Roxette tracks over here.

Oh and Rockwell :/
If memory serves me correct, they couldn't get the US rights to one of the songs from the Roxette Rocks song pack, so they released the remaining four Roxette tracks as singles on day one in the US. These tracks are just unbundled from the pack for European users.

Tntnnbltn

khuezy said:
how come US doesn't get maroon 5?
Maroon 5 are under A&M/Octone Records, a subdivision of Universal Music Group.

The US division of Universal Music Group has not come to a licensing agreement with SingStar, which means no song from Universal Music Group has ever been released on the US SingStore.

The European division of Universal Music Group, however, has come to an agreement with SingStar, which is why it's only (currently) released over there.

lupinko

Tntnnbltn said:

The US division of Universal Music Group has not come to a licensing agreement with SingStar, which means no song from Universal Music Group has ever been released on the US SingStore.

The European division of Universal Music Group, however, has come to an agreement with SingStar, which is why it's only (currently) released over there.

I have a question then, how is Kool And The Gang – "Ladies Night" going to be released on the US store, isn't Kool And The Gang UMG? Their previous song "Celebration" did not make it over to the US store. Unless "Ladies Night" has different ownership in the US.

Tntnnbltn

lupinko said:
I have a question then, how is Kool And The Gang – "Ladies Night" going to be released on the US store, isn't Kool And The Gang UMG? Their previous song "Celebration" did not make it over to the US store. Unless "Ladies Night" has different ownership in the US.
That's a very good question. However I noticed that UMG has not uploaded an official video for Ladies Night on YouTube. UMG typically uploads everything they can to YouTube.

In fact, of the 19 Kool & The Gang videos on the UniversalMusicGroup YouTube channel, none of them pre-date 1980's "Celebration". Is there something up with their pre-1980's licensing that we don't know about? ("Ladies' Night" was released in 1979.)

Toki767

Not a bad update. I think I'll just get Chris Brown's song though I would've preferred if it was "No Air" with Jordin Sparks.

I'm somewhat considering double dipping on Maroon 5, if only so it encourages them to release more of their songs on the store.

Pretty surprised we're getting a Celine Dion song here especially since "A New Day" never came over. I know she is signed with Sony though, so was there ever a particular reason about why the song never made it to the US? Or was it just the case of something like Natasha Bedingfield's "Pocketful of Sunshine" being out in the US for a while but not in the UK?

Shinriji

Well, there is still time until the update to take the Celine Dion song off the US list. :lol

And one of the singstar biggest mysteries: why isn't a single OASIS song avaliable?

Tntnnbltn

Shinriji said:
And one of the singstar biggest mysteries: why isn't a single OASIS song avaliable?
I swear a couple years ago I came across an article where Noel Gallagher basically said SingStar was crap and that he didn't want to see any of their music on there. Can't find it now though. Maybe I just got my wires crossed from his Guitar Hero complaints?

Anyway, back in the early 2000s (SingStar's prototype days) the very first song the SingStar Team chose to use was Oasis - "Wonderwall". So I'd say that the lack of Oasis in the game isn't from lack of trying on the SingStar Team's behalf.

Thanks for the heads up about the new Spandau Ballet track, Tntnnbltn!

Lifeline is a good one. Solid choice. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for She Loved Like Diamond, but this'll do in a pinch.

Several good songs made the cut this time, that's a nice breath of fresh air. Don’t You Forget About Me and Lifeline steal the show.

netguy503

HELP ME SINGSTAR GAF!!!

My performances are not being saved to my profile even though I'm hitting triangle on the video performance and sound file after I have done them. Is there anything else I need to do to get them on Singstar's servers officially? I REALLY want people to rate/see my work. It's been so long I guess I forgot how to officially get them up there besides saving them. Thank you for your help.

netguy503

Ok, thanks for the help. Man that is a weird/interesting process. Anyone can you people search for me on there (PSN ID :Netguy503), view my profile and rate and comment. Please it's my birthday tomorrow. Be nice.

( I ask that you view my profile as I still need those trophies).

Thanks for the help.

netguy503

dangit. I can always hit the mid to high 8000's but never 9000. What am I doing wrong? Does this thread have a easy/medium/hard list?

gcubed

Tntnnbltn said:

do you know if they are actively trying to shore up the UMG support in the US?

lupinko

Well October is in a couple of days, you all know what this means, that's right,
countdown to the next Ultimate Queen Song Pack!!!!

woodypop

lupinko said:
Well October is in a couple of days, you all know what this means, that's right,
countdown to the next Ultimate Queen Song Pack!!!!
Heck, I'm just excited for the prospect of UK PSN cards.

UK Singstore, here I come! :lol

Just a little interesting aside. Reading through some articles online I came across this:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/05/sony_vevo/

This dated for June 2009

Now does this deal have anything to do with UMG coming to Singstar?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16792825&postcount=2902

Dates are quite close after all. With Warner coming back to Youtube

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/09/29/warner_music_returning_to_youtube/

Perhaps we've got a chance of Warner resuming normal service on the Singstore!

Tntnnbltn

ichinisan said:
Now does this deal have anything to do with UMG coming to Singstar?
Not really. There's the whole distinction between Sony Music Entertainment (SME) and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE). For all intents and purposes, they can pretty much be viewed as completely independant, despite sharing the same parent company.

Case in point: In general it appears London Studio have more favourable licensing with UMG than they do with SM.

So yeah. A deal between SME/Vevo isn't going to affect business negotiations between UMG and London Studio.

lupinko

Tntnnbltn said:
Case in point: In general it appears London Studio have more favourable licensing with UMG than they do with SM.

Which is horrible because this trio I like are all SME artists. ='(

Yeah I know Delta is UMG in NA and JUJU is SMEJ, but my point still stands.

Tntnnbltn

lupinko said:
I have a question then, how is Kool And The Gang – "Ladies Night" going to be released on the US store, isn't Kool And The Gang UMG?

160bknn.png

They were actually hitting the booze pretty hard, some were not able to take it as well as others - Guess they'll get gradually tougher as the semesters pass ;) It's quite normal in Denmark, or at my university at least, to use September for a lot of social events with the new students. Best tutor? Not likely, but while that song played i sure felt like it ;)

Toki767

I just noticed that if you look at the XMB and have a friend playing Singstar, it tells you what song they're currently singing. Pretty nice way to spy on them. :lol

netguy503

Hey forum,

PLEASE help me. I only have 20 more views to get on one of of my videos before I get my "100 views in one week" trophy (I wanted 200, but that's just not going to happen). I'm SOOO close! Can EVERYONE from this forum go to my profile (PSN ID: Netguy503) and rate/view the My Immortal video. That's the only one I care about as that is the only one closet for the trophy. I only need around 20 views now guys. This must be done by Monday afternoon/night as that is when I uploaded.

Thanks again to everyone. I will help anyone who helps me. Show why this community kicks so much ass. Again go to PSN ID: Netguy503. I ONLY need My Immortal video viewed. I do not care if you rate it. Thanks.

Aspiring

Oh shit Senses Fail! Definite buy from me. Have not touched it in ages, but will now!

Toki767 said:
I just noticed that if you look at the XMB and have a friend playing Singstar, it tells you what song they're currently singing. Pretty nice way to spy on them. :lol

This should be mandatory on ALL games. I loved it on the 360, and only certain games do it. LBP, NFS Shift, and Singstar. There are others but its such a small few.

polg

Why is the download experience in Singstar still so average? I wanted to download around 10 songs, and it turned out I didn't have enough cash. But also my credit card had expired. So I had to exit singstar, add my new card and then go back to singstar.
I had to re add al the songs :( PLUS the downloads crashed twice, so it took like 20 hours to actually download everything.

Why does it take so long to download? Why is online so slow and unstable? Why can't I buy stuff form PSN like in Rock Band? why why why... -goes mad-

Toki767

If you don't have enough money, you should be able to add more funds while still being on Singstar. Though maybe that's only if you have your credit card information saved.

lupinko

Anyone experiencing any problems with the SingStore? On my Canadian PSN, the SingStore hangs. =/

EDIT: It fixed itself????

Toki767

The connection kept dropping for me when going to the Singstar/MSO pages a few hours ago. Haven't tried it since though.

Hi guys,

As you may be aware, the Singstar Servers are frankly shit. Always logging you off in the middle of doing something, hanging when you try to change page etc. After bitching on the Singstar Facebook group they said to create a post on the official forum detailing it all and they'd keep an eye on it.

I have done so:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=717&thread.id=13055

So just a shout out for everyone here to contribute anything they can to make them realise they need to pony up and buy some more fucking servers.

Chris (PSN: YobRenoops)

Top Bottom