• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

Tntnnbltn

A SingStar software update (4.21) will be released around 12th October to fix disc swap compatibility with some European SingStar discs for PlayStation 2 .The SingStar development team are aware of the other bugs that have been reported, & these will be addressed in an update released early December.Please bear with us until this time & continue to report any additional bugs you come across on the PlayStation forums.
- Facebook

Toki767

Singstar Bollywood was the only one that wasn't working with the disc swap option right? Think this means it'll fix it?

netguy503

kassatsu said:
I would be nice if they leave me swap a PAL disc. I want Singstar Disney : (

I would ROCK Singstar Disney. That is probably the only way I'd get 9000 on easy, medium, and hard too.:lol

Toki767

The December software update will also contain some exciting new features for SingStar - more details of which to follow soon.

That was an extra message in addition to the line Tntnnbltn posted. I found it on the EU Singstar Forums posted by one of the mods there.

Any ideas on what the new features might be?

agm2502

Toki767 said:
That was an extra message in addition to the line Tntnnbltn posted. I found it on the EU Singstar Forums posted by one of the mods there.

Any ideas on what the new features might be?

Hopefully proper leaderboards but I doubt it.

Tntnnbltn

Toki767 said:
Singstar Bollywood was the only one that wasn't working with the disc swap option right? Think this means it'll fix it?
There's other European PS2 titles that don't work yet, eg SingStar Studio 100.

Tntnnbltn

(Stolen from this thread)

vmwwti.jpg

just to give you a glimpse of how famous vasco is here in italy:

VascoMilano33.jpg

big_DSCN1389.JPG

670043163-vasco-rossi-tour-2007-san-siro.jpg

sansiro2003.jpg

every gig he does is something like this (he's probably the only one, in italy at least, who's able to do 3 gigs in the same city (milan) for three days straight and fullfil the whole stadium every time (more than 100.000 people, possibly even more).

Shinriji

My sister is going to London next week, and I want to ask her to get the wireless singstar mics for me, but she won't have time to look around for it, so I wanna shop online.

Right now, what webstore with the cheapest prices? There is a singstar disk + wireless mics bundle available? Thanks!

kassatsu

Banned
US Store

In English

* Badly Drawn Boy – “You Were Right”
* John Farnham – “You’re The Voice”
* Rednex – “Cotton Eye Joe”
* Superfamily – “I Could Be A Winner”
* The Stone Roses – “I Wanna Be Adored”

In Spanish

* Héroes del Silencio – “La Herida”

In French

* Alain Souchon – “L’Amour À La Machine”

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Why do they even try. EU gets Pokerface, we get Cotton Eye Joe.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Tntnnbltn

UK SingStore Update, 13th October 2009

English:
  • 10CC – "I’m Not In Love"
  • Amy Winehouse – "Tears Dry On Their Own"
  • Badly Drawn Boy – "You Were Right"
  • Duffy – "Mercy"
  • Elton John – "Your Song"
  • Fall Out Boy – "Thnks Fr Th Mmrs"
  • John Farnham – "You’re The Voice"
  • Lady Gaga – "Poker Face"
  • Marilyn Manson – "Personal Jesus"
  • Marvin Gaye – "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"
  • Pet Shop Boys – "Go West"
  • Queen – "Hammer To Fall"
  • Queen – "I Want To Break Free"
  • Queen – "It’s A Hard Life"
  • Queen – "Play The Game"
  • Queen – "Save Me"
  • Rednex – "Cotton Eye Joe"
  • The Righteous Brothers – "Unchained Melody"
  • Rihanna – "We Ride"
  • Robert Palmer – "Addicted To Love"
  • Superfamily – "I Could Be A Real Winner"
  • The Supremes – "Stop in The Name Of Love"
  • The Stone Roses - "I Wanna Be Adored"

Dutch:
  • Andre Hazes – "Zij Gelooft In Mij"
  • Fixkes – "Kvraagetaan"

French:
  • Alain Souchon – "L’Amour À La Machine"

German:
  • Juli – "Perfekte Welle"
  • Wise Guys – "Jetzt Ist Sommer"

Spanish:
  • Héroes del Silencio – "La Herida"

Tntnnbltn

US SingStore Update, 13th October 2009

English:
  • Badly Drawn Boy – "You Were Right"
  • John Farnham – "You’re The Voice"
  • Rednex – "Cotton Eye Joe"
  • Superfamily – "I Could Be A Real Winner"
  • The Stone Roses - "I Wanna Be Adored"

French:
  • Alain Souchon – "L’Amour À La Machine"

Spanish:
  • Héroes del Silencio – "La Herida"

Tntnnbltn

Toki767 said:
EU got Cotton Eye Joe too. :lol :lol :lol
And more importantly, I'll be getting Cotton Eye Joe. :D

...As well as Lady GaGa :D, Rihanna, John Farnham :D, Fall Out Boy :D, Duffy, Pet Shop Boys, maybe 10CC. I'm even thinking of getting Marylin Manson to diversify my SingStar music genres.

Toki767

I'll definitely get Lady Gaga. I may get some of the Motown songs since I probably won't be buying SingStar Motown. I've never even heard of the Rihanna song till now.

Tntnnbltn

Toki767 said:
I've never even heard of the Rihanna song till now.
Was a 2006 single, before her massive Good Girl Gone Bad album. The song was a Top 10 hit in a few select markets, #17 UK, #24 Australia, #106 US.

It's not a personal favourite of mine, but I'll still get it anyway. If they later come out with better songs from Rihanna I'll get those and delete "We Ride". I usually prune off unwanted songs when good ones come in.

Speaking of Rihanna's 2006 album, they so need "Unfaithful".

MadFuzzy

Not a bad update at all.

Tntnnbltn said:
Queen – "I Want To Break Free"

At last. All we need now is Under Pressure, especially since it seems to be appearing in every other music game over the next few months.

Best update yet, although I obviously had the Queen songs already. Huge fan of "Your Song" and "You're The Voice", and "Go West" is a karaoke classic I've been missing.

Toki767

lupinko said:
But this post and others after it, made me think it was already up. =/
Haha, sorry about that. You should know it's usually an announcement on Monday followed by the update on Thursday though.

[*] The Stone Roses - "I Wanna Be Adored"[/list]

I got this song from the soundtrack of "Welcome to Sarajevo", awesome song in an awesome movie with an absolutely awesome soundtrack.

Queen – "I Want To Break Free"
Awesome video, Freddy Mercury at his best.

I'm new to the downloads of Singstar, I have some but why does US get screwed so hard comapred to EU?

I would love both Poker Face and Your Song...will these eventually come here or is there just nothing I can do?

Tntnnbltn

demosthenes said:
I'm new to the downloads of Singstar, I have some but why does US get screwed so hard comapred to EU?

I would love both Poker Face and Your Song...will these eventually come here or is there just nothing I can do?
London Studio and the US branch of Universal Music Group have not been able to come to an agreement about SingStore licensing. All those artists which were omitted from the US SingStore in this update are under Universal Music Group.

Shinriji

I already have more Euro songs than US songs. Last night bought Just Dance, Break the Silence, Barbie Girl, I little respect and Wings of a butterfly (garbage, but everyone like it but me). Sucks that I have to pay in Pounds, but what a man can do to get the party going? :D

Oh, and the US update? :lol

Tntnnbltn said:
London Studio and the US branch of Universal Music Group have not been able to come to an agreement about SingStore licensing. All those artists which were omitted from the US SingStore in this update are under Universal Music Group.

Thanks for the answer, it makes me want to cry. What freaking bs. If I bought a UK Singstar game could I buy songs from the Euro store to play?

Toki767

Nina Scherer @ EU PS Blog said:
You can also look forward to the excellent StarterPack SongPacks, most of which we’ll be releasing to the SingStore on the 28th October – full tracklistings to follow in the the next blog update in two weeks’ time!
Interesting to know that there will be more than one Starter Pack. Nice to know you get choices. It'd be nice if we were allowed to mix and match to create our own.

lupinko

I'm still surprised about the lack of movement (I guess?) on getting to work with Hollywood Records for NA songs for the Singstore. I know that record label of Disney isn't so big in NA, but they are the ones who control Queen (aside from Queen themselves) in NA. Although, SingStar Queen's copyright for the NTSCU/C release didn't mention anything about Hollywood Records, and only mentioned Queen. I guess for that type of package the licensing is done differently (which would also explain why Queen Montreal/Live Aid Blu-ray also only has Queen's sole copyright, but that was a concert release, so eh).

This hurts especially for any Queen fan or people who like them, considering that London Studio was able to clear the entire catalogue with EMI for use in the PAL territories. That was mentioned in a press release long ago iirc.

Tntnnbltn said:
And more importantly, UK monies.

Woah woah.

So if I can get a UK PSN card and a UK account I can download UK songs to work on my NA Singstar?

Are UK accounts as easy to make as JP accounts? I have a JP account I haven't used in forever but if I can get both I'll definitely do this even if I have to pay a little extra. Are the UK PSN cards on eBay and Amazon a scam? Some have pretty high feedback :3

Toki767

They're about the same as making a JP PSN account. Just need a fake UK address. Not sure about the UK PSN cards on ebay, but I'd imagine Amazon wouldn't scam people?

Toki767

Nina Scherer @ EU PS Blog said:
StarterPack Songpacks are actually tied to some upcoming disc releases in certain countries but will also be made available as regular downloads from the SingStore. Some great songs in there, I promise!
That's interesting to know. Wonder if we can expect new SingStar disc announcements.

agm2502

So this weeks update seems to be taking its time, its delayed most the time when its a good update it seems, hopefully it isn't now. The Starterpack Songpacks in the next update are a mixture of new and old songs. Hopefully it means that the new songs are in their own songpack and not mixed with old songs.

Tntnnbltn

270732b.jpg

Grab a mic and put your spin on some of the most popular Latin hits of all time with SingStar Latino! With over 20 authentic music videos, you and your friends can perform like musical pop stars.

Features

* Chart Topping Songs and Music Videos — Featuring over 20 Latin sensations such as, Coti, La Oreja de van Gogh, Ana Torroja, Héroes Del Silencio, Patricia Manterola and more!
* Multiple Game Play Modes — Including Solo and Freestyle, plus several multiplayer modes including Pass the Mic, Battle and Duet.
* Record your singing and play back your best performances

Featuring Over 20 Hit Artists:

* Ana Torroja
* Antonia Flores
* Azcúcar Moreno
* Camela
* Carlos Baute
* Chambao
* Chenoa
* Conchita
* Coti
* David Bisbal