• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

Tntnnbltn

kassatsu said:
Thanks again Tntnnbltn.

Did you get the list from the FB page this week?
I did. The EU Blog version didn't go up until an hour or two afterwards. Even the Facebook announcement itself was 30 mins late.

kassatsu

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
I did. The EU Blog version didn't go up until an hour or two afterwards. Even the Facebook announcement itself was 30 mins late.
I love how they have completely stopped telling US users what is coming on the blog XD

Tntnnbltn

Something is really, really wrong with my SingStar. We are talking about 5-10 fps. Affecting everything immediately from loading screen, and happening both with disc versions and the SingStar Viewer.

Edit: Nevermind, it was because I had my Eyetoy connected via a USB hub. Forgot about that issue.

Tntnnbltn

US SingStore Update, 14th January 2010

English:
  • Alexander Rybak - "Fairytale"
  • Amanda Jenssen - "Amarula Tree"
  • Celine Dion - "Think Twice"
  • Crowded House - "Better Be Home Soon"
  • Crowded House - "Mean To Me"
  • David Bowie - "Rebel Rebel"
  • Lulla Bye - "A Bigger Plan"
  • Manfred Mann - "Do Wah Diddy Diddy"
  • Modern Talking - "You're My Heart, You're My Soul"
  • P!nk - "Don't Let Me Get Me"
  • Primal Scream - "Movin' On Up"
  • Right Said Fred - "You're My Mate"
  • Shakin' Stevens - "Green Door"

Spanish:
  • Conchita - "Tres Segundos"

French:

Alain Souchon song pack:
  • Alain Souchon - "Quand Je Serai KO"
  • Alain Souchon - "Sous Les Jupes des Filles"
  • Alain Souchon - "Ultra Moderne Solitude"
  • Alain Souchon - "Le Baiser"
  • Alain Souchon - "Parachute Dore"

Portuguese:
  • Adelaide Ferreira - "Dava Tudo"
  • Angélico - "Bailarina"
  • Clã - "Sopro Do Coração"
  • Jorge Palma - "Encosta-te A Mim"
  • Os Azeitonas - "Um Tanto Ou Quanto Atarantado"
  • Paulo Gonzo com Lúcia Moniz - "Leve Beijo Triste"

venne

Tntnnbltn said:
US SingStore Update, 14th January 2010

English:
  • Alexander Rybak - "Fairytale"
  • Amanda Jenssen - "Amarula Tree"
  • Celine Dion - "Think Twice"
  • Crowded House - "Better Be Home Soon"
  • Crowded House - "Mean To Me"
  • David Bowie - "Rebel Rebel"
  • Lulla Bye - "A Bigger Plan"
  • Manfred Mann - "Do Wah Diddy Diddy"
  • Modern Talking - "You're My Heart, You're My Soul"
  • P!nk - "Don't Let Me Get Me"
  • Primal Scream - "Movin' On Up"
  • Right Said Fred - "You're My Mate"
  • Shakin' Stevens - "Green Door"

Spanish:
  • Conchita - "Tres Segundos"

French:

Alain Souchon song pack:
  • Alain Souchon - "Quand Je Serai KO"
  • Alain Souchon - "Sous Les Jupes des Filles"
  • Alain Souchon - "Ultra Moderne Solitude"
  • Alain Souchon - "Le Baiser"
  • Alain Souchon - "Parachute Dore"

Portuguese:
  • Adelaide Ferreira - "Dava Tudo"
  • Angélico - "Bailarina"
  • Clã - "Sopro Do Coração"
  • Jorge Palma - "Encosta-te A Mim"
  • Os Azeitonas - "Um Tanto Ou Quanto Atarantado"
  • Paulo Gonzo com Lúcia Moniz - "Leve Beijo Triste"

/cue Benny Hill music

US Singstar support is a joke. Still waiting on those wireless mics SCEA.

venne said:
/cue Benny Hill music

US Singstar support is a joke. Still waiting on those wireless mics SCEA.

Yeah, I dunno what to make of it. There was a steady stream of great songs finding a home on the US SingStore towards the end of '08 on into the first half of last year.

I've gotta echo Terrordactyl in saying that disc releases have helped me do without new SingStore additions (the Take That disc, specifically)...but still, the lackluster US updates have been disappointing.

Tntnnbltn

Picked up the 5 which I said I would (Crowded House, Pink, Maroon 5, Cardigans, Gwen Stefani).

Of course Maroon 5 and Cardigans, being early back catalogue tracks, have that stupid note charting style which I despise. Grr.

Tntnnbltn

Toki767 said:
What note charting style is that? The lack of pitch variation?
No gaps between words. You often just see a line of note bars, not necessarily at the same pitch, and every single note is touching. You can't pronounce any consonant without losing points.

All new songs are now charted with small gaps inbetween most individual words.

Toki767 said:
Ah, I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. Now it's like I can't unsee it. :lol
Yeah it's almost like every song is phantom planet's California. I can deal with it though I play on medium and basically just try and get over 9000. So I'm not concerned with hitting everything.

BTW if any of you don't have the 80's disc get it now.

lorddct

I wish. SCEA would support Singstar better in the America's region :(. I guess it's just not as popular here for some odd reason.

I really want those wireless mics and also wants more songs. Where is MJ support or Universal support of such songs like Lady Gaga!!!!!

How do we access the Singstar viewer?

Just got a email it will be out today for us in the US. Singstar viewer that is. Now if only we could get some Tracks from the Universal catalog.:D

venne

I can't say I like the Viewer. I expected a lighter client, but with the load times about the same as the full game (I haven't timed them both) I don't see much of an upside other than I don't have to spend ten seconds finding and inserting a Singstar disc.

I can't fathom why you can't play the game in the viewer with your downloaded songs. Seems like a no brainer. Then again so does better US support, so whatever.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Thank you Tntnnbltn for continuously posting this thread or I'd forget I have to ring Sony to do license transfer :(

Tntnnbltn

UK SingStore Update, 28th January 2010

English:
  • Adam & The Ants - "Prince Charming"
  • Avril Lavigne - "Girlfriend"
  • Basement Jaxx - "Romeo"
  • Bob Sinclar - "Sound Of Freedom"
  • The Cure - "Boys Don’t Cry"
  • DJ Bobo - "Pirates Of Dance"
  • LL Cool J - "I Need Love"
  • Mr Hudson feat. Kanye West - "Supernova"
  • No Doubt - "Spiderwebs"
  • Rainbow - "Since You’ve Been Gone"
  • Salem Al Fakir - "Good Song"
  • The Script - "The Man Who Can’t Be Moved"
  • Snow Patrol - "Shut Your Eyes"
  • Snow Patrol - "Chocolate"
  • Snow Patrol And Martha Wainwright - "Set The Fire To The Third Bar"
  • The Subways - "Rock & Roll Queen"
  • Suede - "Metal Mickey"
  • The Veronicas - "4ever"

German:
  • Echt - "Weinst Du"

Portuguese:
  • Humanos - "Muda De Vida"
  • Diana Lucas - "Desculpa Lá"
  • D’ZRT - "Querer Voltar"
  • Just Girls - "Bye, Bye (Vou-me Divertir)"
  • Just Girls - "Entre O Sonho E A Ilusão"
  • NBC - "Segunda Pele"
  • Sérgio Godinho - "Com Um Brilhozinho Nos Olhos"

Italian:
  • Tiziano Ferro - "E fuori è buio"

Tntnnbltn

Dedication Through Light said:
They couldnt give us "Untouched" or "Hook Me Up"? lol, Untouched would be fun!
4Ever was released on SingStar Rocks! [AU] back in 2006 or so. Back-catalogue tracks always come through first because they have all the assets for it.

Tntnnbltn

Oh, it was The Veronicas and Avril Lavigne for me. I'll probably pick up No Doubt, even though I don't know/like that particular song, because they have other songs I like and I'm a firm believer in voting with my wallet. Would pick up The Script but I already have them via Pop Edition.

I know a couple friends would like girlfriend but I only have 3 songs left on my UK account before I need to order another PSN card so I'll wait to see what the next update has.

Toki767

Not sure I'll be getting anything this update, although maybe LL Cool J just to support the R&B songs.

It's too bad No Doubt's song wasn't "Don't Speak". I'd buy that in a heartbeat. :lol

Jal

Does anyone know if the Disney Sing it mics are just the normal singstar ones? And what Singstar would you have to buy to get the Singstore, could you just get motown or do you have one of the original Singstars as well?

Tntnnbltn

Expect a Crowded House

25 January 2010

Hailing from Australia, ’80s pop sensation Crowded House will soon have a downloadable SongPack, available from the SingStore.

Crowded House have had hit singles all over the world, and soon you will have the chance to relive some old memories with their SingStar SongPack.

Sing along to five classic hits from one of the most successful Australian bands in history, whose musical career spans over a decade.

• Crowded House - "Don’t Dream It’s Over"
  • Crowded House - "Fall At Your Feet"
  • Crowded House - "Four Seasons In One Day"
  • Crowded House - "It’s Only Natural"
  • Crowded House - "Weather With You"
Crowded House are renowned for their live performances, so why not perform some of their greatest hits in front of your family and friends, and then share your shows at My SingStar Online.

Hey now, heeeeey nooowwwww...

woodypop

I'm surprised "Something So Strong" isn't included.

I hope the songs are also available individually, as I only want "Don't Dream It's Over."

Tntnnbltn

woodypop said:
I'm surprised "Something So Strong" isn't included.
"Something So Strong" performed weak in the UK (#95) compared to the other songs in the pack (#27, #17, #26, #24, #7 respectively).

It did much better in Australia (#8), Canada (#10) and the US (#7) though.

I hope the songs are also available individually, as I only want "Don't Dream It's Over."
"Fall At Your Feet" and "Weather With You" are worth it, IMO.

woodypop

Tntnnbltn said:
"Something So Strong" performed weak in the UK (#95) compared to the other songs in the pack (#27, #17, #26, #24, #7 respectively).

It did much better in Australia (#8), Canada (#10) and the US (#7) though.
Yeah, if memory serves me right, the songs most popular in the US were "Something So Strong", "Don't Dream It's Over", "World Where You Live" and "Better Be Home Soon." At least those were the ones that received the most play on the radio/MTV. (I feel old. =/)

AndyD

aka andydumi
I installed the viewer just to check it out and see some videos of people singing.

And my wife started watching those and got sucked in by the cute kids singing and whatnot and now she wants Singstar.

So whats the best way to get the most songs in the US without DLC micropayment hell? If I buy Singstar with mics, can I then just buy other singstar games disc only? Will songs import over and I amass a huge collection, or do I swap discs all the time? Are older PS2 games worth it, do they unlock/import anything?

I really know nothing here, so please help out.

Is there any chance Sony will release a Singstar Michael Jackson?

Coz it amazes me nothing has been released or hinted at yet. A MJ singstar would sell like crazy

woodypop

AndyD said:
So whats the best way to get the most songs in the US without DLC micropayment hell? If I buy Singstar with mics, can I then just buy other singstar games disc only?
Yup.
Will songs import over and I amass a huge collection, or do I swap discs all the time?
Unfortunately, swapping is required.
Are older PS2 games worth it, do they unlock/import anything?
The PS2 games don't unlock/import anything, but they do have some good songs, especially if you aren't going the DLC route. Check their track listings here.

Tntnnbltn

woodypop said:
Yeah, if memory serves me right, the songs most popular in the US were "Something So Strong", "Don't Dream It's Over", "World Where You Live" and "Better Be Home Soon." At least those were the ones that received the most play on the radio/MTV. (I feel old. =/)

Code:
[1986]  "World Where You Live" (US #65)
[1986]  "Now We're Getting Somewhere" (US #45)
[1986]  "Don't Dream It's Over" (US #2)
[1987]  "Something So Strong" (US #7)
[1988]  "Better Be Home Soon" (US #42)
[1991]  "Fall At Your Feet" (US #75)
[1993]  "Distant Sun" (US #116)
[1994]  "Locked Out" (US #119)

Tntnnbltn

To anyone who downloaded Delta Goodrem - "Innocent Eyes" when it was released last month...

Delete the song from your catalogue and download it again. A new version has been uploaded which corrects a problem with the lyrics ~2 minutes in.

Top Bottom