• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

Tntnnbltn

US SingStore Update, 28th January 2010

English:
  • Adam & The Ants - "Prince Charming"
  • Avril Lavigne - "Girlfriend"
  • Bob Sinclar - "Sound Of Freedom"
  • DJ Bobo - "Pirates Of Dance"
  • Salem Al Fakir - "Good Song"
  • The Script - "The Man Who Can’t Be Moved"
  • The Subways - "Rock & Roll Queen"
  • Suede - "Metal Mickey"
  • The Veronicas - "4ever"

Portuguese:
  • Sérgio Godinho - "Com Um Brilhozinho Nos Olhos"

Tntnnbltn

The latest song covers which I haven't bothered posting about:

Added 14/01/2010, 8:14 PM

image_100MIL.jpg
image_100MIM.jpg
image_100MIN.jpg
image_100P1N.jpg
image_100P1O.jpg
image_100P1Z.jpg
image_100P3P.jpg

Spanish versions of Abba songs? Now that's random. I figure they're much cheaper than the regular ones, or they would be disc only like the rest.

Tntnnbltn

SiegfriedFM said:
Spanish versions of Abba songs? Now that's random. I figure they're much cheaper than the regular ones, or they would be disc only like the rest.
'Regular ones' wouldn't appear as new song covers anyway. The 25 English-language songs from the PS3 game were already uploaded because they were released on disc.

Let's not forget the December 2008 press announcement for SingStar ABBA.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe today announced a collaboration with ABBA to bring the band’s best loved tracks to SingStar for both PlayStation®2 and PLAYSTATION®3. Owners of either system will now be able to sing along with some of the most iconic pop tracks of all time including ‘Mamma Mia’, ‘Gimme Gimme Gimme’, ‘Waterloo’ and ‘Dancing Queen’.

SingStar ABBA is being developed in full collaboration with ABBA and Universal Music Group in Sweden, which manages the rights to the ABBA brand. The terms of the agreement include a window of exclusivity for disc-based PlayStation titles until December 2009.

ABBA’s recordings have sold an estimated 370 million units worldwide. Their 1992 album, “Gold,” is one of the most popular albums of all time, with sales of 26 million copies.

The SingStar agreement comes as the music of ABBA enjoys a renewed surge of popularity worldwide, sparked by the huge success of the film, “Mamma Mia!” Global sales of the soundtrack album, released by Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company, are now approaching 3 million.

“We are thrilled to be collaborating with ABBA to bring their tracks to SingStar this Christmas,” said David Reeves, President, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. “The popularity of this iconic band continues year after year, and we know SingStar fans will be delighted to add this selection of classics tracks to their SingStar collection.”

Lucian Grainge, Chairman/CEO of Universal Music Group International, commented: “ABBA have joined that elite club of musicians and artists whose popularity only grows with time, as new generations enjoy some of the most memorable music ever made. SingStar ABBA will have the world singing along again.”

SingStar ABBA is the perfect soundtrack to any party, guaranteed to get pop lovers of all ages on their feet when it is released this winter in PAL territories and the US.
I remember wondering back in the day whether this particular sentence meant songs were restricted to "PLAYSTATION discs", or restricted to "PlayStation DISCS".

And suddenly in January 2010 -- right after the December 2009 "disc-based PlayStation titles" exclusivity window is over -- new ABBA covers appear in the database.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Tntnnbltn said:
'Regular ones' wouldn't appear as new song covers anyway. The 25 English-language songs from the PS3 game were already uploaded because they were released on disc.

Let's not forget the December 2008 press announcement for SingStar ABBA.

I remember wondering back in the day whether this particular sentence meant songs were restricted to "PLAYSTATION discs", or restricted to "PlayStation DISCS".

And suddenly in January 2010 -- right after the December 2009 "disc-based PlayStation titles" exclusivity window is over -- new ABBA covers appear in the database.

Thanks for the find! That means I would only have to keep my SingStar Hits games, and my collection would be complete!

lupinko

Oh okay, well according to my email, apparently he sent me a message, I'm guessing via PSN. So who will take over the duties while our resident Singstar Superstar is gone?

EDIT: I'm going to go check my messages, I'm guessing it's probably me. lol

Shinriji

So, what songs already released on disk would you buy on the singstore? My wishlist:

Groove is in the heart (Deee-lite)
Tainted Love (Soft Cell)
Umbrella (Rihanna)
Pump up the jam (Technotronic)
Plush (Stone Temple Pilots)
Evidence (Faith No More)
Alive (Pearl Jam)
Would? (Alice in Chains)
Just another Day (Jon Secada)
Mmmbop (Hanson)

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
guys, can i buy two ps2 singstar mics, then download songs from the singstore and use them without any singstar disc??? would be ace! THX

Toki767

sankt-Antonio said:
guys, can i buy two ps2 singstar mics, then download songs from the singstore and use them without any singstar disc??? would be ace! THX
You need at least one PS3 Singstar disc in order to access the Singstore and play downloaded songs. PS2 mics will work though, and newegg has Singstar Vol. 2 for $10 or so last time I checked.

Cheshire

UK SingStore Update, 11th February 2010

English:
  • Damien Leith – "22 Steps"
  • James Morrison – "You Make It Real"
  • JLS – "Everybody In Love"
  • Kelly Clarkson – "Since U Been Gone"
  • Kelly Clarkson – "Behind These Hazel Eyes"
  • Lil Wayne – "Go D.J."
  • Massive Attack – "Teardrop"
  • P!nk – "U + Ur Hand"
  • P!nk – "Who Knew"
  • Supergrass – "Alright"
  • The Raconteurs – "Steady, As She Goes" (not available in Australia/New Zealand)
  • The Specials – "A Message To You Rudy"
  • The Subways – "Oh Yeah"
  • T’Pau – "Heart And Soul"
  • Snow Patrol – "Run"
  • Snow Patrol – "Spitting Games"
  • Von Hertzen Brothers – "Let Thy Will Be Done"

Crowded House song pack:
  • Crowded House – "Don’t Dream It’s Over"
  • Crowded House – "Fall At Your Feet"
  • Crowded House – "Four Seasons in One Day"
  • Crowded House – "It’s Only Natural"
  • Crowded House – "Weather With You"

Lionel Richie And The Commodores song pack:
  • Lionel Richie – "All Night Long"
  • Lionel Richie – "Angel"
  • Lionel Richie – "Hello"
  • The Commodores – "Easy"
  • The Commodores – "Three Times A Lady"

Finnish:
  • Happoradio – "Puhu Äänellä Jonka Kuulen"

French:
  • Christophe Willem – "Berlin"
  • Grégoire – "Ta Main"
  • Helmut Fritz – "Ça M’enerve"
  • Julien Doré – "Moi Lolita"
  • Tété – "À La Faveur De L’Automne"
  • Vitaa – "A fleur de toi"

German:
  • DJ Ötzi & Nik P. – "Ein Stern (Der Deinen Namen Trägt)"
  • Jan Delay – "Klar"
  • Juli – "Geile Zeit"

Meier

Haven't played this in ages but I bought Volume 2 since it was only $10 on Newegg. Didn't even look at the song listing.. that's too much of a bargain to pass up.

Meier

Cheshire said:
UK SingStore Update, 11th February 2010

Crowded House song pack:

Love every single one of these songs.

Dedication Through Light said:
Singstore sometimes makes me not "proud to be an American". Certainly that was a cheesy update
Suede and The Subways are good. Rock n Roll Queen is an absolute jam!

Panda1

Banned
Steady as she goes!!

So whats the deal here I have a US PS3 can I not download both UK and USA songs to my machine somehow

lupinko

Yeah that Lionel Richie and Commodores pack is tempting me to get back in, but I'm still holding out until I get my old PS3 situation resolved first. =/

Toki767

Kalbi said:
So whats the deal here I have a US PS3 can I not download both UK and USA songs to my machine somehow
Create a UK PSN account and get some money in there. Then visit the SingStore with that account and you'll have access to UK songs.

Both Kelly Clarkson songs for me. I'm fairly sure they'll be in the US store since she's a Sony artist. I have a feeling one of those songs will be #1 for February's SingStore charts. :lol

khuezy

If I were to upgrade my hard drive, would I have to contact sony to redownload? Or all I have to do is redownload the songs?
Thanks!

khuezy said:
If I were to upgrade my hard drive, would I have to contact sony to redownload? Or all I have to do is redownload the songs?
Thanks!

If you backup your harddrive to an external unit, then you just restore from backup onto your new harddrive; so you wouldnt need to have to do anything with redownloading and whatnot.

Tntnnbltn

US SingStore Update, 11th February 2010

English:
  • Damien Leith – "22 Steps"
  • JLS – "Everybody In Love"
  • Kelly Clarkson – "Since U Been Gone"
  • Kelly Clarkson – "Behind These Hazel Eyes"
  • Massive Attack – "Teardrop"
  • P!nk – "Who Knew"
  • The Specials – "A Message To You Rudy"
  • The Subways – "Oh Yeah"
  • T’Pau – "Heart And Soul"

Crowded House song pack:

Portuguese:
  • Diana Lucas - "Desculpa Lá"
  • D’ZRT - "Querer Voltar"
  • Humanos - "Muda De Vida"
  • Just Girls - "Bye, Bye (Vou-me Divertir)"
  • Just Girls - "Entre O Sonho E A Ilusão"
  • NBC - "Segunda Pele"

Tntnnbltn

The Stereophonics rock into the SingStore

One of the most popular British bands, The Stereophonics, will have a fantastic SongPack for you to download from the SingStore on the 25th of February.

The Welsh trio now have seven studio albums and a great range of hits for you to sing along to and enjoy.

Turn up your amp, download the SongPack and sing along to the classic Just Looking, or get slow and serious with Maybe Tomorrow.

The SongPack includes:

• The Stereophonics - "Could Be The One?"
  • The Stereophonics - "Have A Nice Day"
  • The Stereophonics - "Innocent"
  • The Stereophonics - "Just Looking"
  • The Stereophonics - "Maybe Tomorrow"

venne

Tntnnbltn said:
Well they do usually have 'best selling of [x month]' as one of the lists when you enter the store.

You're right.

I never selected the "What's Hot" option. :lol

I would rename it to "Best Selling" for idiots like me.

Shinriji

So, any news on Universal Music tracks on the US Singstore, more than "Stay tuned" of the Singstar US manager? I really miss the Singstar updates on the blog.

Serenity

New to singstar. I have singstar vol. 1 for ps3 and a few ps2 singstar discs. When I swap disc are the ps2 disc suppose to load and stay or are they suppose to disappear when i remove the disc to say load another disc? Is that clear. Right now I'm disc swapping and its driving me crazy I was under the impression that the ps2 discs temprarily load to the hard drive.

littleornothin

Neo Member
Hi!
I bought "Online" with Brad Paisley a couple of weeks ago, but haven't really singing to it more than once until this weekend. It's quite a difficult song I think so the first tries I just concentrated on learning the chorus.
This was when I found that the sound is a bit off. It was impossible to follow if you you sang following the marker or the music.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can I re-download a single song(to see if that helps)? Or what can I do..? :S

Remy

Serenity said:
New to singstar. I have singstar vol. 1 for ps3 and a few ps2 singstar discs. When I swap disc are the ps2 disc suppose to load and stay or are they suppose to disappear when i remove the disc to say load another disc? Is that clear. Right now I'm disc swapping and its driving me crazy I was under the impression that the ps2 discs temprarily load to the hard drive.

Disc swapping does not load anything onto your hard drive. Sorry.

Tntnnbltn

littleornothin said:
This was when I found that the sound is a bit off. It was impossible to follow if you you sang following the marker or the music.
It's probably lag, especially if you are playing via HDMI. If it is, then it actually has been affecting all songs, but may be more noticeable on some rather than others due to different styles of note chartings.

There is a lag calibration buried somewhere in the options, but it sucks and you'll probably be holding your microphone next to your right speaker for 20 minutes. After you get it to work (or just put in a custom value) you can turn on ghost bars, which show which part of the marker you should be singing (will match the sound of the singers voice), and then the blue/red colour will fill in __ms later.

My lag is 40ms.

littleornothin

Neo Member
Tntnnbltn said:
It's probably lag, especially if you are playing via HDMI. If it is, then it actually has been affecting all songs, but may be more noticeable on some rather than others due to different styles of note chartings.

There is a lag calibration buried somewhere in the options, but it sucks and you'll probably be holding your microphone next to your right speaker for 20 minutes. After you get it to work (or just put in a custom value) you can turn on ghost bars, which show which part of the marker you should be singing (will match the sound of the singers voice), and then the blue/red colour will fill in __ms later.

My lag is 40ms.

I thought I got the lag sort of sorted out ;)
Been there with RB quite a few times. But I will try it again. Thanks.

The ghost bars though, that is something I have not found anywhere. Sounds interesting. Especially as every other song seems in sync. (vol 2 + approx 30 bought songs)

Thanks again, I will report back my findings.

Tntnnbltn

littleornothin said:
I thought I got the lag sort of sorted out ;)
Been there with RB quite a few times. But I will try it again. Thanks.

The ghost bars though, that is something I have not found anywhere. Sounds interesting. Especially as every other song seems in sync. (vol 2 + approx 30 bought songs)
The reason why I suggested lag instead of a problem with the song itself is because you said that singing with the meters didn't solve it. Even if the song itself were charted incorrectly, singing in time with the meters should work.

littleornothin

Neo Member
Tntnnbltn said:
The reason why I suggested lag instead of a problem with the song itself is because you said that singing with the meters didn't solve it. Even if the song itself were charted incorrectly, singing in time with the meters should work.

Understood. When I'm thinking back right now, it did work when I followed the blue line but then I sure didn't sing at the same time as Brad. Not just 20, 30, 40 ms either difference either. More like 2-300..
And this is the only song that I and my girlfriend noticed this in. And we have been "singing" since vol 1 was released here in EU.

Don't expect this song has sold that much so maybe if it's something out of sync, none have bothered telling Sony.. :S

Tntnnbltn

UK SingStore Update, 25th February 2010

English:
  • Babyshambles – "Delivery"
  • Crowded House – "Distant Sun"
  • Crowded House – "Instinct"
  • Crowded House – "Locked Out"
  • Desmond Dekker & The Aces – "Israelites"
  • Eddy Grant - "Baby Come Back"
  • Eddy Grant - "Electric Avenue"
  • Eddy Grant - "Gimme Hope Jo'anna"
  • Eddy Grant - "I Don't Wanna Dance"