• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

Tntnnbltn

Dedication Through Light said:
I cant even see which of those songs the US would get, lol
Pixie Lott. Wait, fuck, she's Polydor.

Crowded House.

(I didn't realise there was a new page after my post. Every time I edited it with updated formatting I just figured no one had replied)

Shinriji

I cant even see which of those songs the US would get, lol

Well, even if the music can be released in the US, I'm not sure that they will put them on the singstore, just like the latest songs from The Hives, Supergrass, Pink, PSB, etc.

Tntnnbltn

Shinriji said:
Well, even if the music can be released in the US, I'm not sure that they will put them on the singstore, just like the latest songs from The Hives, Supergrass, Pink, PSB, etc.
By definition, wouldn't that mean that the music couldn't be released in the US?

Meier

Tntnnbltn said:
The SongPack includes:

The Stereophonics - "Could Be The One?"
The Stereophonics - "Have A Nice Day"
The Stereophonics - "Innocent"
The Stereophonics - "Just Looking"
The Stereophonics - "Maybe Tomorrow"
Meh... pretty weak pack. Don't get me wrong, Just Looking and Maybe Tomorrow are great songs -- Have a Nice Day is very good and Innocent is decent enough (and new, same with Could You Be the One), but they have suuuuch a deep catalogue. I already bought Dakota.. can't remember if I got The Bartender and the Thief.

If I had to pick 5 unreleased, I'd probably go:

Innocent (new single, makes sense)
Rewind or Lolita (preferably both to be honest)
A Thousand Trees
Local Boy in the Photograph
Mr. Writer or Bright Red Star (solid and newer)

Oh well.

Shinriji

Tntnnbltn said:
By definition, wouldn't that mean that the music couldn't be released in the US?

You're right. But why some songs get the shaft and others are released (sometimes for the same artist and the same week - see the 2 Pink songs last update, we get only one) is that makes me mad. I want to support the US store, but they won't let me. Well, off to the Ireland store I go.

Changing the subject: My brother-in-law is going to Paris next week, and I ask him to bring the wireless mics, but he won't have time for shopping around. Any good online deals or bundles for the wireless mics in France or the UK?

linsivvi

Meier said:
Meh... pretty weak pack. Don't get me wrong, Just Looking and Maybe Tomorrow are great songs -- Have a Nice Day is very good and Innocent is decent enough (and new, same with Could You Be the One), but they have suuuuch a deep catalogue. I already bought Dakota.. can't remember if I got The Bartender and the Thief.

If I had to pick 5 unreleased, I'd probably go:

Innocent (new single, makes sense)
Rewind or Lolita (preferably both to be honest)
A Thousand Trees
Local Boy in the Photograph
Mr. Writer or Bright Red Star (solid and newer)

Oh well.

That's exactly my thought. A Thousand Trees and Local Boy definitely should be there, so does Hurry Up And Wait. I guess they want to promote their new ablum so they put 2 songs in there, which is the opposite of most bands who mostly put their back catalogs on the SingStore instead.

Tntnnbltn

During the previous two updates, a number of high profiles songs were finally released:
  • Avril Lavigne - "Girlfriend"
  • Kelly Clarkson - "Behind These Hazel Eyes"
  • Kelly Clarkson - "Since U Been Gone"
  • Pink - "U + Ur Hand"
  • Pink - "Who Knew"

These tracks were requested years ago, but were held in licensing limbo all that time.

Song credits for those songs display the following:

Avril Lavigne
Girlfriend

Written by Lukasz Gottwald, Lavigne
(C) Kasz Money Publishing administered by Kobalt Music Publishing Limited
Published by Universal Music Publ. Ltd
(P)2006 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
Kelly Clarkson
Behind These Hazel Eyes

'Behind These Hazel Eyes'
Words & Music by Clarkson, Gottwald and Sandberg
(C) Smelly Songs/EMI April Music Inc/EMI Music Publishing Ltd, London W8 5SW
Published by Imagem Music
(P)2004 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
Kelly Clarkson
Since U Been Gone

Written by Sandberg/Gottwald
Published by Imagem Music
(P)2004 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
P!nk
U + Ur Hand

Written by Lukasz Gottwald, Max Martin and Rami Yacoub
(C) Kasz Money Publishing / Maratone AB administered by Kobalt Music Publishing Limited
Published by EMI Music Publishing Ltd
P!nk
Who Knew

Words & Music by Moore, Martin & Gottwald
(C) 2005, Pink Inside Publishing/EMI Blackwood Music Inc/EMI Music Publishing Ltd
(C) Kasz Money Publishing and Maratone AB administered by Kobalt Music Publishing Limited

It is no coincidence that producer Lukasz Gottwald (aka Dr Luke) was a co-writer on all of these songs, and that his company held partial copyright. When these tracks were announced I figured it meant Sony Music Entertainment had reached a better licensing deal, when in reality SME had probably signed off on it earlier in 2009, around the time we received other tracks from Kelly Clarkson and Pink. The sole hold-up here appears to have been during to copyright from Gottwald's company.

To top it all off, I dug around further and discovered this...

The Veronicas
4ever

Written by Lukasz Gottwald and Max Martin
(C) Kasz Money Publishing / Maratone AB administered by Kobalt Music Publishing Limited
(P) 2005 WEA International Inc.
Licensed courtesy of Warner Music Australia Pty Limited
I figured this track from The Veronicas was a sign that Warner Music Group drought was over. In reality, WMG would have signed off on this track back in 2008 before the WMG stalemate occured. The only reason we're seeing it now is because London Studio reached a licensing agreement with Kasz Money Publishing / Kobalt Music Publishing.

And to save someone the effort of searching for it...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Luke#Selected_discography

Shinriji

Interesting. With some luck, the Britney and Kate Perry songs from this guy will be released shortly.

Shinriji said:
Changing the subject: My brother-in-law is going to Paris next week, and I ask him to bring the wireless mics, but he won't have time for shopping around. Any good online deals or bundles for the wireless mics in France or the UK?

Anyone? Pretty please?

Tntnnbltn

So in summary what are you saying? we can expect more songs from that guy?
Depends. If there are other songs where Kasz Money Publishing was the only hold-up then they might be cleared. But if EMI is holding out on Katy Perry's singles, for example, then there'll still be nothing.

agm2502

They seem to be taking there time with the update today, wonder if they're having problems again like in the past and delay the update until next week.

Tntnnbltn

US SingStore Update, 25th February 2010

English:
  • Crowded House – "Distant Sun"
  • Crowded House – "Locked Out"
  • Gomo – "Final Stroke"
  • The Human League – "(Keep Feeling) Fascination"
  • Il Divo - "All By Myself"
  • Il Divo - "Ave Maria"
  • Il Divo - "Mama"
  • Il Divo - "The Power Of Love"
  • Il Divo - "Unbreak My Heart"
  • One True Voice – "Shakespeare’s (Way With) Words"
  • The Script – "We Cry"

Spanish:
  • Al Bano y Romina Power – "Felicidad"
  • Cecilia – "Dama Dama"
  • Dúo Dinámico – "Quisiera Ser"
  • Paloma San Basilio – "Juntos"

venne

Why bother with the US updates if this is what they're going to be?

Do you enjoy kicking me in the balls every two weeks, Singstar Team?

woodypop

Yeah, US support is dismal. Thank goodness for foreign PSN accounts.

Then again, Lips support isn't much better. But between the three of Rock Band, Lips, and Singstar I get enough fresh content to (barely) satisfy my music fix.

Toki767

I still wonder if they might get better songs if they upped the price to $2 a song like Lips. If not, then clearly the Lips staff has some connection or persuasive ability that the SingStar team doesn't. :lol

woodypop said:
Yeah, US support is dismal. Thank goodness for foreign PSN accounts.

Then again, Lips support isn't much better. But between the three of Rock Band, Lips, and Singstar I get enough fresh content to (barely) satisfy my music fix.

All of the games always leave me wishing for more. Rock Band has the biggest library for the most recent songs, from what I see (and the most variety in stuff (kids to etc)).

I guess I want something robust like the future DDR soundtrack for that game.

Singstar, is the only available PS option (actually I ended up playing the Disney sing games, which their latest one had a few songs which I guess will never appear on anything else, like Aly and Aj, Potential Breakup Song, um One Republic Apologize, and Jesse McCartney songs).

I want Paparazzi though (lady gaga) and Beyonce songs

Edit: I guess nice updates had to come to an end at somepoint, US is gypped yet again.

komarkaze

I thought the Il Divo songs were already on the US Singstore. I remember browsing and finding them a week ago.

The licensing deals are interesting. We've seen some of Dr. Luke songs show up in other games like Rock Band and Lips, so hopefully we'll see the rest of the songs in SingStar too.

Tntnnbltn

komarkaze said:
I thought the Il Divo songs were already on the US Singstore. I remember browsing and finding them a week ago.
Songpack.

Singstar, is the only available PS option (actually I ended up playing the Disney sing games, which their latest one had a few songs which I guess will never appear on anything else, like Aly and Aj, Potential Breakup Song, um One Republic Apologize, and Jesse McCartney songs).
Apologize is already on the EU SingStore and one of the PS3 discs.

Varshes

So I picked up SingStar Latino while in the US this past week, is SingStar Motown canceled? Would there be any issues buying the UK version and playing it on my NA PS3? I mean, I know PS3s are universal but I thought I'd ask anyway seeing as I'm still waiting for my 19 songs that I can't access from my old console.

Toki767

Varshes said:
So I picked up SingStar Latino while in the US this past week, is SingStar Motown canceled? Would there be any issues buying the UK version and playing it on my NA PS3? I mean, I know PS3s are universal but I thought I'd ask anyway seeing as I'm still waiting for my 19 songs that I can't access from my old console.
SingStar Motown was never announced for the US. There aren't any issues buying the UK version that I know of though so you'll be fine.

Varshes

Toki767 said:
SingStar Motown was never announced for the US. There aren't any issues buying the UK version that I know of though so you'll be fine.

Thanks for the post. I ordered Motown and the wireless mics.

Tntnnbltn

UK SingStore Update, 11th March 2010

English:
  • Ciara - "1, 2 Step"
  • DJ Bobo - "Hard To Say I'm Sorry"
  • Franz Ferdinand - "Ulysses" (UK + UAE only)
  • Lisa Loeb - "Stay (I Missed You)"
  • Martha And The Muffins - "Echo Beach"
  • T.Rex - "20th Century Boy"
  • Tiki Taane - "Always On My Mind"
  • Tone Loc - "Funky Cold Medina"

German:
  • Die Fantastischen Vier - "Die Da!?!"
  • Die Fantastischen Vier - "Der Picknicker"
  • Die Fantastischen Vier - "MfG – Mit freundlichen Grüßen"
  • Höhner. - "Wenn Nicht Jetzt, Wann Dann (Weltmeister Version)?"
  • Laith Al-Deen - "Es Wird Nicht Leicht Sein"

Spanish:
  • Bebe - "Ella"
  • 3147dpy.png
    El Fary - "El Toro Guapo"
  • Marta Sánchez - "Desesperada"
  • Zenttric - "Sólo Quiero Bailar"

Finnish:
  • Tiktak - "Heilutaan"

French:
  • Alain Souchon - "Quand Je Serai KO"
  • Alain Souchon - "Sous Les Jupes des Filles"
  • Alain Souchon - "Ultra Moderne Solitude"
  • Alain Souchon - "Le Baiser"
  • Alain Souchon - "Parachute Dore"
  • Manu - "Tes Cicatrices"
  • Olivia Ruiz - "J'traîne des pieds"

Dutch:
  • Benny Neyman - "Ik Weet Niet Hoe"

Portuguese:
  • 4TASTE - "Sempre Que Te Vejo (Sinto Um Desejo) (Ao Vivo)"
  • Da Weasel - "Outro Nível"
  • D'ZRT - "Para Mim Tanto Faz (Ao Vivo)"
  • 3147dpy.png
    Joka Fantasminha - "A Dança do Joka"
  • OI OAI - "Jardim Das Estátuas"

Swedish:
  • Mauro Scocco - "Om Du Var Min"

I was going to ask why Sweden gets such a shitty selection considering how big Singstar is here (pretty sure the PS2 games are still bestsellers) and then I saw a single Mauro Scocco song.

So, why such a shitty selection? :)

Hopefully this means some of his good songs will get on here. His duet back with ABBA-Frida was awesome and there are some neat ones left.

polg

Has anybody else been invited/signed up for the private beta? I got an email a couple of weeks ago, and have no idea what it is about.

Tntnnbltn

US SingStore Update, 11th March 2010

English:
  • Ciara - "1, 2 Step"
  • Lisa Loeb - "Stay (I Missed You)"
  • Martha And The Muffins - "Echo Beach"
  • T.Rex - "20th Century Boy"
  • Tiki Taane - "Always On My Mind"

Spanish:
  • Bebe - "Ella"
  • 3147dpy.png
    El Fary - "El Toro Guapo"
  • Zenttric - "Sólo Quiero Bailar"

French:
  • Alain Souchon - "Quand Je Serai KO"
  • Alain Souchon - "Sous Les Jupes des Filles"
  • Alain Souchon - "Ultra Moderne Solitude"
  • Alain Souchon - "Le Baiser"
  • Alain Souchon - "Parachute Dore"
  • Manu - "Tes Cicatrices"

Portuguese:
  • 4TASTE - "Sempre Que Te Vejo (Sinto Um Desejo) (Ao Vivo)"
  • D'ZRT - "Para Mim Tanto Faz (Ao Vivo)"
  • 3147dpy.png
    Joka Fantasminha - "A Dança do Joka"

Shinriji

Kinda surprised that Rock Band got the rights to release Lady Gaga "Bad Romance" first than Singstar.

Well, it's just a matter of time.

Shinriji said:
Kinda surprised that Rock Band got the rights to release Lady Gaga "Bad Romance" first than Singstar.

Well, it's just a matter of time.

Singstar charges 3/4 of the price per track as compared to Rock Band. It also helps that MTV/Viacom owns Harmonix, I'm sure that makes licensing much easier for them.

Toki767

I honestly wouldn't mind paying that extra 1/4 price of a song if SingStar could get some of the songs that Rock Band or even Lips gets.

Shinriji

I wouldn't mind paying that extra 1/4 price of a song if the US Singstore could get some of the songs that the EU Singstore gets. :lol

Top Bottom