• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

MadFuzzy

Shinriji said:
Kinda surprised that Rock Band got the rights to release Lady Gaga "Bad Romance" first than Singstar.

Well, it's just a matter of time.

Music video licensing being additional on top of the song and performance rights is an extra hoop that Sony have to jump through which Harmonix don't have to worry about.

I think the fastest turnaround on a new song from it charting/being popular to appearing on the Singstore is about 3-4 months (the Lily Allen and JLS stuff last year for example) as they have to do all the licensing, prepare the song and video for download and then run it through testing before it can go live.

Anyone know if Sony has done a George Michael dump in Singstar?

I'd pretty much buy ANY song they put on there. I could have sworn Sony owned most of his catalogue as well so it seemed strange to not see a flodd of his songs on there.

I'm in Australia though so it might not be the same though. Haven't been on Songstar in AGES so I thought I;d check in case anyone knew.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I finally changed my main SingStar disc to SingStar Chartbreaker, as the cover of my SingStar Hits didn't match the new PS3 slim artwork.

I'm quite happy about the songs, singing to Touch Me is a blast. :D

bryehn

JeFfRey said:
I finally changed my main SingStar disc to SingStar Chartbreaker, as the cover of my SingStar Hits didn't match the new PS3 slim artwork.

I'm quite happy about the songs, singing to Touch Me is a blast. :D

I need a new main disc. Where is a good place to import from UK to North America from these days?

Triz

Singstar noob here. Picked up Singstar Queen PS3 for 10 bucks today, now I need mics. I see that the PS2 mics work / are possibly the same thing? I found 2 of the mics for 20, but also found a ps2 game and mic bundle for 22. Will the ps2 singstar work in a backwards compatible ps3? Thanks for the help guys.

woodypop

Triz said:
Singstar noob here. Picked up Singstar Queen PS3 for 10 bucks today, now I need mics. I see that the PS2 mics work / are possibly the same thing? I found 2 of the mics for 20, but also found a ps2 game and mic bundle for 22. Will the ps2 singstar work in a backwards compatible ps3? Thanks for the help guys.
The mics will work on your PS3. And yes, PS2 Singstar discs work on all PS3 models via the in-game disc-swap.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Triz said:

You might want to consider the wireless versions tho. Depends on how much you want to spend.

bryehn said:
I need a new main disc. Where is a good place to import from UK to North America from these days?

I ordered SingStar Take That (my main disc!) from CDWow and it was painless and relatively quick.

Another potential SingStar source I've also dealt with is Amazon.de (where I got Giana Sisters DS). That was a great experience; kinda pricey, but great nonetheless.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Toy Soldier said:
I ordered SingStar Take That (my main disc!) from CDWow and it was painless and relatively quick.

Another potential SingStar source I've also dealt with is Amazon.de (where I got Giana Sisters DS). That was a great experience; kinda pricey, but great nonetheless.

I mostly use Amazon or eBay .de or .fr.

Shinriji

Wireless mics get. :D

My brother-in-law bought the Starter Pack in Holland. 50 euro. Anyone know the song list on the disk? And, someone know if you can use the free music voucher in any singstore?

Tntnnbltn

UK SingStore Update, 25th March 2010

English:
  • 10CC - "Dreadlock Holiday"
  • The Beach Boys - "Surfin’ USA"
  • Digable Planets - "Rebirth Of Slick (Cool Like Dat)"
  • The Divine Comedy - "My Lovely Horse"
  • Editors - "Papillon"
  • Edwin Starr - "H.A.P.P.Y Radio"
  • Elton John - "Crocodile Rock"
  • Espen Lind - "When Susannah Cries"
  • Go West - "We Close Our Eyes"
  • The Human League - "Love Action (I Believe In A Thing Called Love)"
  • Kisschasy - "Opinions Won’t Keep You Warm At Night"
  • Kisschasy - "Do-Do’s & Whoa-Oh’s"
  • Lostprophets - "Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja"
  • Lostprophets - "4am Forever"
  • Lostprophets - "Wake Up (Make A Move)"
  • Razorlight - "Somewhere Else"
  • Razorlight - "Vice"
  • Sophie Ellis Bextor - "Murder On The Dancefloor"
  • Sugababes - "Push The Button"

French:
  • Gilles Gabriel - "Flou De Toi"

Danish:
  • Magtens Korridorer - "Picnic På Kastellet"

Italian:
  • Tiziano Ferro - "E fuori è buio" [Australia + New Zealand only]

Swedish:
  • Kristian Anttila - "Vill Ha Dig"

Song Packs - Released 8th April NOT THIS UPDATE

Lady Gaga Essentials song pack:
  • Lady Gaga - "Bad Romance"
  • Lady Gaga - "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)"
  • Lady Gaga - "Just Dance"
  • Lady Gaga - "LoveGame"
  • Lady Gaga - "Poker Face"

Island Records Exclusive song pack:
  • 3147dpy.png
    The Christians - "Harvest For The World"
  • The Fratellis - "Chelsea Dagger"
  • Mika - "Big Girls (You Are Beautiful)"
  • Pulp - "Common People"
  • U2 - "With Or Without You"

DeviantBoi

Sophie Ellis Baxter!

I love Murder on the Dance Floor!

PS... best place to buy Singstar Vol. 3? It has Viva La Vida, which I've been dying to get on SingStar.

Tntnnbltn

US SingStore Update, 25th March 2010

English:
  • The Beach Boys - "Surfin’ USA"
  • Digable Planets - "Rebirth Of Slick (Cool Like Dat)"
  • The Divine Comedy - "My Lovely Horse"
  • DJ Bobo - "Hard To Say I’m Sorry"
  • Editors - "Papillon"
  • Go West - "We Close Our Eyes"
  • The Human League - "Love Action (I Believe In A Thing Called Love)"
  • Lostprophets - "Shinobi vs Dragon Ninja"
  • Lostprophets - "4am Forever"
  • Lostprophets - "Wake Up (Make A Move)"
  • Tone Loc - "Funky Cold Medina"

Portuguese:
  • OI OAI - "Jardim Das Estátuas"

Tntnnbltn

Tntnnbltn said:
UK SingStore Update, 25th March 2010

English:
  • Kisschasy - "Opinions Won’t Keep You Warm At Night"
  • Kisschasy - "Do-Do’s & Whoa-Oh’s"
Just wanted to give a personal note of recommendation for Kisschasy. Particularly for "Opinions". Obviously everyone's tastes will vary, but regulars should know my taste in music anyway by now. :)

linsivvi

Fuck the song packs, especially the Island Record one. U2 and Common People are very enticing though.

Does that mean they have opened the flood gate for more U2 tracks?

As for this week, nothing except Razorlight for me.

Shinriji

Is there any reason why Franz Ferdinand "Ulysses" is UK-only? I went to FF show last friday and it was awesome, I want that song really bad. "Can't Stop Feeling" and "Dark of the Matinee" for a songpack would be perfect.

For this week, Surfin' USA and some LTTP stuff like Kaiser Chiefs and Friendly Fires.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
linsivvi said:
Fuck the song packs, especially the Island Record one. U2 and Common People are very enticing though.

Does that mean they have opened the flood gate for more U2 tracks?

As for this week, nothing except Razorlight for me.

Ugh, price gouging by bundling With or Without You. Must... stay... strong...

Toki767

It's nice to know I can start playing SingStar again in 2 weeks. :lol

Nothing for me this week, though maybe I'll buy Surfin' USA on impulse. I would love Kokomo though. :lol

lupinko

Terrordactyl said:
Either way I hate them! :lol

I just had my ps3 YLOD last week, how do I get my singstore content on my slim?

It's mentioned in this thread, but if you're in NA, you call SCEA, if you're in any PAL country, you email SCEE.

RpgN

Tntnnbltn said:
"Bad Romance" and "Lovegame" will also be released as singles in the PAL April 8 update.

Best news ever! Can't wait to rock it with some more Lady Gaga songs ^^

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Tntnnbltn said:
"Bad Romance" and "Lovegame" will also be released as singles in the PAL April 8 update.

Saw this on the facebook update. Also saw that the update itself was inexplicably delayed. Hopefully, the U2 song comes unbundled as well.

Toki767

julls said:
oh yes. got a singstar party this weekend, the gaga update just made it more awesome. LOVEGAME!
It's too bad it won't be in this week's update. Hope you have a great party though. Those are definitely fun.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Toki767 said:
It's too bad it won't be in this week's update. Hope you have a great party though. Those are definitely fun.
it would help if i read things a bit more closely.

BOO :(

Just joined the NeoGAF club at Singstar Online. I'm surprised there aren't more people there (there were like 64 when I joined... come on pussies, show your faces!! :D). If you want to see me destroy a couple of songs my PSN id is sicko23.

linsivvi

Eggo said:
Saw this on the facebook update. Also saw that the update itself was inexplicably delayed. Hopefully, the U2 song comes unbundled as well.

I hope so too but I think it's really unlikely. The Stereophonics songs are still not available as singles. In Lady Gaga's case they kinda have to do it to avoid massive backlash with 3 of the songs in the pack already available as singles.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Tntnnbltn said:
Would've been so good for it to be in before the concert. :(
yeah! next thursday night for me!

oh well - there are a few tracks on rock band (i think), those'll have to do!

Browsed through a few pages, I'm probably blind, but does anyone have a good source for insta-delivery UK PSN cards? Having a party this weekend, and need a few from the other side of the pond. Thanks.

Top Bottom