• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siren (PS2 Version) is headed to PS4

Awesome, all that's left from the leak is Ape Escape 3.

Loved Siren and it's sequel too but the original is still one of my favorites.

SSReborn

Is the PS2 one scarier then the ps3 one? I played the demo for both but I remember the older one being scarier from my experience, I was younger at the time however.

Probably has one of the most relentlessly bleak stories in survival horror but damn was it hard to play going in blind. Siren 2 is probably more accessible, did not get far before getting distracted by something else. Blood Curse on PS3 is a remake of 1 and is great but some of the best bits of 1 were cut out or truncated.

Let's hope Team Gravity Rush gets back to Siren after GR2...maybe not.

I guess this is some form of promotion for the incoming PS4 port of Siren: Blood Curse.

Never played a Siren game before. Heard the first one was legit scary, not to mention hard as nails.

Lnds500

So the remake of the original is on PS3 and doesn't have trophies, but the original is now on the PS4 and does have trophies. :p

Ludens

Banned
Hopefully this time Sony will release this on EU too, since Siren games are not available here for PS3.

^Siren Blood Curse got a physical release in Europe though. And we got both Siren games on PS2. It was the US that never got Siren 2. We're definitely getting this if the US is though, don't see why not, since I think it was Sony Europe that localized these games on PS2.

I guess this is some form of promotion for the incoming PS4 port of Siren: Blood Curse.

Never played a Siren game before. Heard the first one was legit scary, not to mention hard as nails.

It's one of the hardest console survival horror games out there, for sure. And one of the best.

Kilau

Gold Member
Siren VR please.

Nope-GIF.gif

yup yup yup. I really hope this signals that some new Siren is in the works, or that Blood Curse is getting the remastered treatment.

I will buy every Siren game you put out for the PS4, Sony.

Tapejara

No platinum? Come on, Sony! Not a deal breaker of course, but I would think this would have been a big enough game to warrant one.

Ridley327

A Siren 2 release would be fantastic given that it was never available in the US.

I always found that to be odd, given how welcoming SCEA was for other publishers to pick-up titles they passed on during the PS2 era and a little ways into the PS3 era. Perhaps there was just too much of a glut of survival horror to draw any interest here in the US?

Audioboxer

They need to follow Microsoft's lead and just give a Platinum to every game.

As much as I don't care too much I agree. They should know by now the "first" thing asked when a digital only title gets listed is "does it have a platinum?"

Loved Blood Curse and have always wanted to play the PS2 games. Hopefully they release the second one in the US on PSN finally as well.

So I don't have a PS4 so I don't know how they handle PS2 rereleases, is this a straight port w/Trophies or is this gonna have a resolution boost as well?

Is the PS2 one scarier then the ps3 one? I played the demo for both but I remember the older one being scarier from my experience, I was younger at the time however.

It's a bit more subdued than Blood Curse, pretty much no jump scares. It's more tense in the sense that you're trying to get through areas crawling with enemies while staying unseen. While you can usually brute force your way through Blood Curse if you get seen in this you're almost usually fucked because of enemies with guns.

Also SNIPERS. Snipers EVERYWHERE.
Snipers with WINGS

I got used to and grew fond of the UK dub over time but yeah. Siren 2 did have dual audio but wouldn't expect it from this release.

Playing Blood Curse right now, and really enjoying it. It's getting
crazier, and crazier
which i'm loving.

Is this one considered the best one?

Ludens

Banned
crazier, and crazier
which i'm loving.

Bloode Curse is a remake of this one, basically.
I never managed to finish the original Siren, and I'm pretty good both on stealth and survival games.
The title is terribly hard, you NEED to play it stealthly or you won't ever manage to go on.
The crappy thing is, in order to unlock all the chapters, you need to do particular things in order to clear the way for future characters who will pass in that section, but you get no hint on what you need to do. Like
you need to force a shibito into a well, not really an easy task, and doing so will be very helpful later.

Part of the Team Silent did the game, so you know the quality is here, but it's very, very hard.

crazier, and crazier
which i'm loving.

I think Blood Curse the best playing one, though a bit easier to brute force (I know I said that already). The sightjacking is better in theory, as you can now move around and keep track of multiple enemies, but you have to play in like 10fps so it's not really worth it :p

Plot is a more diluted, but also more "in-your-face" version of the first game. Mileage may vary but I thought it was told better in the first.

Part of the Team Silent did the game, so you know the quality is here, but it's very, very hard.

Yes Keiichiro Toyama who directed the Siren games and Gravity Rush was also the director of the first Silent Hill. Not sure if anyone else carried over but him tho

Krathoon

Siren 2 is playable though emulation on the PC. It did not come out in the US, but you can get the UK version.

Erigu

The crappy thing is, in order to unlock all the chapters, you need to do particular things in order to clear the way for future characters who will pass in that section, but you get no hint on what you need to do.
You get hints eventually, but since many people just follow a FAQ and try to do everything right away, they tend not to see those...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How would you rank the games? I've never played 2 though. I only finished Blood Curse.

Top Bottom