• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Site Update - User Generated Giveaways

Kupfer

Am I too stupid? I can't create a giveaway, on the 'giveaways' page I only see the active giveaways without an option to submit a key myself.

A little correction on the one Giveaway: It is NOT "Stealth Inc."!

It is "Stealth Inc. 2"!

So, I blasted some old keys from my disgustingly long list of mystery key packs from Fanatical out there. Hope I copied them all alright.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
A big thank you to Damien Crowley Damien Crowley for Cubicle Quest! ...which actually wasn't Cubicle Quest but instead Valnir Rok
2Rce3.gif

Thanks!

A big thank you to Damien Crowley Damien Crowley for Cubicle Quest! ...which actually wasn't Cubicle Quest but instead Valnir Rok
2Rce3.gif

Thanks!
Ah fuck, I feared to fuck up with all these keys. So, well, sorry for the one, getting the Valnir-Rok Giveaway. If the key is not working, send me a PM, we will find another game for you, promise.

Fuz

Banned
Ah fuck, I feared to fuck up with all these keys. So, well, sorry for the one, getting the Valnir-Rok Giveaway. If the key is not working, send me a PM, we will find another game for you, promise.
No no no. No worries man, I'm grateful for the free stuff!
hail.gif

Ah, I get it now. Well, give them Cubicle Quest :messenger_grinning_sweat: I saw it was Valnir Rok only after I redeemed it. If there's any way to "unredeem" it I'll be happy to oblige.
Haha, yeah, I hope, I just confused the keys, but more realistically I didn't correctly copy one of them, so they will have the same key as you and now it is a dud. Unredeeming is not a thing on Steam and it wasn't your fault at all. So, the one "winning" the Valnir Rok doesn't have to go without a game, when that happens :)

Fuz

Banned
Thank you Damien Crowley Damien Crowley for Circuit Breakers!
...Although code was already used, you might have mixed up stuff with this codes' batch
2Rce3.gif

PLEASE don't send me another code, I'm ok with this and feel bad enough already for winning so much. Don't worry about that, the victory high is enough.

Last edited:
Da
Thank you Damien Crowley Damien Crowley for Circuit Breakers!
...Although code was already used, you might have mixed up stuff with this codes' batch
2Rce3.gif

PLEASE don't send me another code, I'm ok with this and feel bad enough already for winning so much. Don't worry about that, the victory high is enough.
Damn, really sorry about that. Thought, I tended to that list more carefully over the years... I hope, the other ones are okay. :messenger_sad_relieved:

• Love
Reactions: Fuz

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Hello NeoGAF!

Today we are releasing an update to the site's Giveaway functionality. With this update, users can now give away their own game keys by generating their own site giveaways! Here's how it works:

From the giveaways tab on the left hand side, select "Create a giveaway"

kKqqMYE.png

Once you're there you'll be given a series of questions to answer about what you're giving away, what gaming platform your key is for, and how long you'd like the giveaway to take place (3 days, 7 days, or 14 days).

PczmbSy.png

Just enter the information that the form is asking for by filling out the various text fields and drop down menus

GxEDXqJ.png

When you hit the Submit button, the system will validate the information you entered. If you've entered something wrong, the system will let you know and you'll have the opportunity to correct it. Once the validation process is complete, you'll (hopefully) see this

Zar1rkE.png

Which means your giveaway has been successfully created and is now live! Every GAF user will now be able to see and enter the giveaway you created. Exciting!

ivBrGfG.png

When the giveaway timer finishes, the system will automatically draw a winner from the pool of users that entered, and will PM the winner with their game key. Now you're a hero.

dueUBkp.png

p1i7MM6.png

There might even be some secret site achievements for winning a giveaway, or creating one!

Please remember to follow these guidelines when creating a giveaway:
  • Giveaways are site-wide and your name will be shown to everyone for the sake of accountability. Don't be a dick and please only create giveaways in good faith.
  • If a moderator finds a user that's abusing the giveaway system (constantly giving invalid or illegal keys, etc) then your giveaway creation privileges may be revoked. Excessive or egregious abuse may result in a site-wide ban.
  • NeoGAF isn't responsible for the content or validity of user-generated giveaways. If something isn't working correctly, please PM the giveaway creator directly to try and work it out.
  • Currently the system is designed for Steam keys but you can also choose "Xbox", "Playstation", or "Other" as your giveaway category. Right now, any of these selections will load placeholder art. We're working on updating that soon.
  • We have a lot of additional functionality planned (sorting and filtering options, pagination, Steam account syncing to show whether you own a game that's being given away, etc) so please be patient with us.
  • Now that giveaways can be created by anyone at any time, be sure to check back often to see what's new!
  • Above all else, remember to have fun and do your best to help spread the love of gaming to others!
As always, let us know how we did with this new feature: what you like, what you don't like, and what you think we can improve.
Thanks you my friends I repreciate gold
simpsons-crown.gif

Top Bottom