• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Six additional staff leave Stadia to join Haven Studios, Jade Raymond's new venture developing original IP for PlayStation

A further six members of staff have left Google Stadia for new roles at Haven Studios, the venture founded by former Stadia VP Jade Raymond.

As spotted by a poster on Resetera, staff across multiple disciplines have taken positions at the Montreal-based studio between April and May.

Among the hires is Corey May, former head of creative services and publishing at Google Stadia, and former Stadia general manager Sebastien Puel, who is also a co-founder of Haven Studios.

The departures follow the recent resignation of Stadia head of product John Justice.

Raymond left Google Stadia back in February to form Haven Studios, shortly after Google closed its internal development studios. The cloud-based streaming platform is still in operation, but with a focus on third-party games.

Haven Studios has also received investment from Sony to develop a debut game. While the project is currently unannounced, it will be an original IP for PlayStation.

Puel, who was most recently Stadia Games and Entertainment’s director general, was one of the key figures behind Assassin’s Creed and acted as the franchise’s executive producer for almost 10 years, from Assassin’s Creed 2 to 2014’s Unity.

Corey May, former head of creative services and publishing at Stadia Games and Entertainment, is Haven’s new world/IP director. May was also the lead writer and narrative designer behind the original Assassin’s Creed game and its earliest sequels, before leaving Ubisoft in 2015.

Haven’s new hires from Stadia also include Jonathan Dankoff as insights director, Erwann Le Rouzic and Francis Denoncourt as concept artists, and Pierre-Marc Bérubé as software engineer.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Why the fuck would you leave Stadia. You could sleep under your desk every day Costanza style and no one would notice, given they will never ship anything before Google inevitably shuts them down. I'd be catching some serious ZZZZ's.

If you were smart, you would stay there and continue receiving a Google cheque, and get a job elsewhere while you set the drinking bird in motion. Two salaries - tell me I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
Why the fuck would you leave Stadia. You could sleep under your desk every day Costanza style and no one would notice, given they will never ship anything before Google inevitably shuts them down. I'd be catching some serious ZZZZ's.

If you were smart, you would stay there and continue receiving a Google cheque, and get a job elsewhere while you set the drinking bird in motion. Two salaries - tell me I'm wrong.
George Costanza Flirting GIF by MOODMAN

jigglet

Banned
I'm curious if Jade Raymond's company will actually publish a finished game this time. But hey, you can always escape to another company to work for someone else.

There are three immovable facts in life:

1. Death
  2. Taxes
  3. A non-Google product will eventually see the light of day.

jm89

Remember when Sony was doomed because of stadia? Also hey amazon if you need help digging that grave for luna let me know.

jakinov

Based on the roles mentioned wouldn’t it make sense for them to leave if they no longer publish or make games. They all would have been under Jade to begin with.

Ballthyrm

Following Jade Raymond seems like the not the best decision to make. Yet everyone keeps hiring her and the studios keep disappearing.

That was my impression as well, It's been almost a decade without shipping anything if i remember right.
Keep being put in charge of building new teams but they never make it past the E3 demo even.

Following Jade Raymond seems like the not the best decision to make. Yet everyone keeps hiring her and the studios keep disappearing.

Jade Raymond is the hot chick you end up scoring at some club or party. you think you are gonna tap it, but she leaves your ass tied up wearing a G string and a bra and handcuffed to the bed and then bounces after getting the wallet and car keys.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I'm curious if Jade Raymond's company will actually publish a finished game this time. But hey, you can always escape to another company to work for someone else.
I think she has the chops to make a great game, but she hasn't published anything in such a long time it makes you wonder.

I love it every time someone makes a George Costanza reference, spot on. That show was so timeless and innovative! Like, every day has a Seinfeld-moment where you can reference or quote the show.

Varteras

Gold Member
Jade Raymond is the hot chick you end up scoring at some club or party. you think you are gonna tap it, but she leaves your ass tied up wearing a G string and a bra and handcuffed to the bed and then bounces after getting the wallet and car keys.
How many times has that happened to you? Be honest. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Meesh

Jades a thing still? Haven't heard about her in awhile... its like watching a movie and discovering Lou Diamond Phillips is in the cast.
Where've ya been?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, I do wonder what game she's working on. Project Ragtag looked promising.
I just checked her Twitter. Apparently she has been working with this production company,
Hennig announced she joined Skydance Media in November 2019 to start a new division there for "new story-focused experiences [that] will employ state-of-the-art computer graphics to provide the visual fidelity of television and film, but with an active, lean-in experience that puts the audience in the driver's seat".[16]

I think she has the chops to make a great game, but she hasn't published anything in such a long time it makes you wonder.
Based on what? It seems people decided patrice wasn't the xfactor for assassin's creed after republique so she got the credit. Is she credited for any other major successful idea? She isn't even a designer is she?

hroerekr

It's good they are getting new jobs.
Even if they are not fired, there is no game development future on Stadia.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I hope she will actually be able to make a game this time. I feel like all of her recent studios have shut down before they can put something out

ManaByte

So who's the real designer behind Haven studios' game that Jade Raymond will take all the credit for?

I hope she will actually be able to make a game this time. I feel like all of her recent studios have shut down before they can put something out

You can thank UbiSoft PR and the media for that following what happened with Assassin's Creed. After they shit on Patrice and gave her all the credit for the first Assassin's Creed, she thought she could just magically make a game appear out of nowhere.

Last edited:
Top Bottom