• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SJW: The Documentary (lols inside!)

The first video in the behind-the-scenes story of how a trio of concerned left-wing academics (James Lindsay, Peter Boghossian and Helen Pluckrose) published seven intentionally absurd papers in leading scholarly journals in what has become known as 'The Grievance Studies Affair'. This series is associated with a feature-length documentary I'm working on. My plan is to play around with some of the footage I gather and upload it here to gauge interest and have a creative outlet while I learn about the complicated subject matter.

My usual sources of film funding are blocked off to me because of the sensitive subject matter and my slow approach. If you think what I'm doing is valuable and you're in a position to help, you can support the project here - https://www.patreon.com/mikenayna

Read the full papers and project fact sheet: http://bit.ly/2OsWnnH

ickythingz

Banned
I love that this video advocates for scrutiny of the ridiculous claims made by left wing "academics". It will never happen, but it is nice to see the left called out on their undying loyalty to the poisonous conditioning that now plagues and controls every aspect of their life. The left reside in a mental prison they have so happily locked themselves into while they blame their oppression on others that have nothing to do with it.

Who knew controlling people could be so thoroughly executed.

pel1300

Yes! We need more sane liberals coming out and denouncing the SJW movement. I'm a George W Bush/Barack Obama ERA liberal, and these new Trump era radical leftwing nuts are an embarrassment.

Papa

Banned
Look at these nutters pushing radical theories like "skepticism" and "peer review".

danielberg

Neophyte
At what point in time did the left become the actually conspiracy nuts brainwashing and damaging and entire generation?
In the past this was reserved for religious crazies lol

Last edited:

pel1300

At what point in time did the left become the actually conspiracy nuts brainwashing and damaging and entire generation?

I miss the days when I thought extreme religious people were the most insane, cult-like group out there.

I miss the days when the far left were individualists. Not group think echo chambers filled with hate and anger

Papa

Banned
I miss the days when I thought extreme religious people were the most insane, cult-like group out there.

I miss the days when the far left were individualists. Not group think echo chambers filled with hate and anger

The real party switch is that the left now houses more religious crazies. They may not think themselves religious, but they are. They've become everything they used to hate.

pel1300

The real party switch is that the left now houses more religious crazies. They may not think themselves religious, but they are. They've become everything they used to hate.

Yes I had this same exchange with someone on sherdog. We both feel like we've been left behind ever since the radical left started to form a few years ago and then spiraled into madness after Trump won.

bjwlutotii4z.png

Boss Mog

Holy shit, this is the greatest thing ever. Bless these people for putting their careers on the line to prove a point that desperately needs to be proven.

The Joe Rogan podcast with them:

Last edited:

Mahadev

I'll repeat this again, this isn't left, they're mostly neoliberals and radlibs LARPing as left while sloppily stealing ideas from the worst part of the left, idiot Stalinists. When liberals gradually became ideologically backrupt by letting their politicians sell out to corporate and banking interests they had to turn somewhere else to appear left and identity politics were their only refuge.

And before conservatives gloat about the whole situation let's not forget that this new political abomination resembles a lot conservative politics where this crap also have a prominent role, at least the last few decades. Let's not forget Bush making his whole 2004 campaign about gay marriage fearmongering, Trump obsession with immigration or conservative hysteria about abortion.

Both sides imo have now become ugly mirrors of each other while their representatives distract them with shiny new idpol drama every day so that they can continue to destroy the working class unobstructed.

Last edited:

danielberg

Neophyte
I'll repeat this again, this isn't left, they're mostly neoliberals and radlibs LARPing as left while sloppily stealing ideas from the worst part of the left, idiot Stalinists. When liberals gradually became ideologically backrupt by letting their politicians sell out to corporate and banking interests they had to turn somewhere else to appear left and identity politics were their only refuge.

The issue isnt the number the issue is that they obviously have influence on society because of their position and they force this mental sickness down everyone's throat you literally have a bunch of racist crazy people subverting society subverting all the soft powers (education, media, entertainment, free speech, social media) that democrats have control over without any democrats standing against it in any meaningful way, in fact they use it as political weapon if it suits them in the moment and for this yes you can blame democrats because its them that hand over their soft power to these crazy people. The fact that this crap is now getting at least a bit fought back is mostly due conservatives and independents and NOT because of democrats, they already showed they could not give a shit as long as it only hits one political side and not themselves as soon as it backfires you get "rules for thee but not for mee" the last 2 years have shown this crystal clear.

Last edited:

Mahadev

The issue isnt the number the issue is that they obviously have influence on society because of their position and they force this mental sickness down everyone's throat you literally have a bunch of racist crazy people subverting society subverting all the soft powers (education, media, entertainment, free speech, social media) that democrats have control over without any democrats standing against it in any meaningful way, in fact they use it as political weapon if it suits them in the moment and for this yes you can blame democrats because its them that hand over their soft power to these crazy people. The fact that this crap is now getting at least a bit fought back is mostly due conservatives and independents and NOT because of democrats, they already showed they could not give a shit as long as it only hits one political side and not themselves as soon as it backfires you get "rules for thee but not for mee" the last 2 years have shown this crystal clear.

You're acting as if I implied that the Democratic party would ever do anything to stop this abomination, these sellouts not only don't fight back against this crap but also endorse it because, like I said, it's a very useful distraction. As for conservatives don't worry, you guys will have the last laugh in the end since no one actually likes this crap aside from a few annoying upper/upper-middle class kids. The problem lies elsewhere, while this bickering continues the two economically right/center-right sides will continue destroying the middle class and the actual left will continue being crippled and ignored because it's associated with these morons almost everyone hates including the vast majority of the working class people.

petran79

Banned
They published those papers without even doing any fieldwork, statistical analysis, questionnaires or interviews? Just browsing through bibliography and making things up?

Last edited:

royox

We rewrote a section of Mein Kampf as intersectional feminism and this journal has accepted it.

Somebody help me please my sides are orbiting Jupiter :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

pel1300

A theory going around is that the professors who approved these papers secretly knew and agreed with the agenda and wanted to help them expose SJW culture...hmmmm

llien

There is something infinitely ironic about citing Mein Kampf.

PS
Thread title could be better.

Last edited:

Mahadev

They published those papers without even doing any fieldwork, statistical analysis, questionnaires or interviews? Just browsing through bibliography and making things up?

There's basically no peer review in these pseudo-intellectual fields, as long they reach the conclusions they like their community is more than fine with the paper. Gender studies, sociology and so on have nothing to do with science anymore, if they ever did, they're more like religion now as these academics pointed out.

Boss Mog

There's basically no peer review in these pseudo-intellectual fields, as long they reach the conclusions they like their community is more than fine with the paper. Gender studies, sociology and so on have nothing to do with science anymore, if they ever did, they're more like religion now as these academics pointed out.
And to think people's taxes are being used to fund all this garbage. That's the really upsetting part. Imagine how we could really help people with all that money, if all this garbage didn't exist.

petran79

Banned

They should not be treated like science either, but I am more of an advocate of practical sociology that can be quite useful and valuable, eg making research about how communities are affected by various social and environmental changes etc, which is just one of the many aspects of the field

Top Bottom