• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skies of Arcadia Trademark Renewed. Sega's next HD release?

Jcgamer60

fx9XB.jpg

http://www.trademarkia.com/skies-of-arcadia-76052580.html

Kokonoe

Banned
Well being as I tend to enjoy SEGA games and the amazing reception this game gets, I'll certainly try it out if this comes out. Vyse is in Sega Kart Transformed, so there's a good chance.

fates

Hope this materializes into something!

I missed the game every time it came out.

Maybe this will remind people about Valkyria Chronicles too!

Diablos54

I would certainly like for this to happen.

Fire, consume my enemy; lambda burst
I used that almost every battle. I can still hear it in my head. I also can't get this out of my head
Dispose of him!

WHERE'S MY GOD DAMN SQUEAL SEGA!?

Drago

This was rumored along with Shenmue, yes?

I'd buy it if it was rereleased. Never played it before but I'd like to try it :)

CPS2

My dreamcast died before I finished SoA and I had to play like the last 10 hours at a friend's house with constant "you should play FFX, it's way better than this" comments the whole time. It'd be good to play through it again uninterrupted lol.

Derrick01

Banned
I've always wanted to try it so I hope so. Apparently there's a version with a lot less random battles so I want that one.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
This was rumored along with Shenmue, yes?

I'd buy it if it was rereleased. Never played it before but I'd like to try it :)
Yeah that's what I remember. Jet Set Radio, then Sonic Adventure 2, then Shenmue, followed by Skies of Arcadia.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Hopefully it's the GC one with the additional content and the lesser encounter rate.

"Come on, dance for me!"

Even though the ship battles take forever, and sometimes there's a few too many random encounters, Skies is still one of my favorite RPGs ever. Exploring, building your own pirate fort, earning titles, fighting optional bosses...soooo good.

I wonder if SEGA would tweak the ship battles and encounters? Hopefully this is the Gamecube version and we don't have to buy the extra stuff added to the GC edition as DLC (I'm looking at you, Sonic Adventure...)

Mupod

I might even be fine with a rerelease containing all the Gamecube content with the Dreamcast sound quality. I didn't think it'd bug me but it does.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Please, please, PLEASE be for an HD re-release.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
How does the expiring work for trademarks? Could anyone snatch this up before Sega renewed it? Or are they basically renewing it right before it's expiring?

I'd be at a loss for words, if they announce this. Too lazy to find my Dreamcast/GameCube to replay it, but would totally pay for an HD remake and marathon it.

legend166

One of my biggest regrets is selling my copy of Skies of Arcadia: Legends, so they really need to hurry up and release this.

Game Guru

Wasn't there a rumor that the next four Dreamcast games to be ported were Jet Set Radio, Skies of Arcadia, Sonic Adventure 2, and Shenmue?

Anustart

I've never played this. Am I wrong in remembering that there was a Wii release, or was it GC? Interested in trying it either way.

Duffyside

Banned
Still hopeful, but this could be a silly coincidence, right? I mean, Sega would want to renew their trademark just so no one else attempted to make something by the same name, right?

Dammit i wanted Shenmue. How is this game? what rpg can you compare it to?
Almost unparalleled sense of exploration (especially for the time, but even now Xenoblade is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that's analogous), great characters, adequate story, great music, clever ship battles, horribly boring turn based battle system and way too many random battles.

Basically: except for the random battles, it's incredible. Because of them it's merely a great RPG.

edit: I should add, Vyse is basically the GOAT of RPG leads.

Top Bottom