• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skillup's top ten games of 2020

driqe

Hades is absolutely phenomenal, do give it a shot.
Rate my playthrough of Hades!!
Danny Brown Laugh GIF by DANNY'S HOUSE

SinDelta

Good list.

Hades is great.
Ghost of Tushima is one of the best games I've played this decade, and ever.
Missing 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim which is a shame. Also one of the best games I've ever played.

The fact they had trouble choosing a top pick and had to divide it between Ghost of Tsushima, FF7 Remake and Wasteland 3 shows 2020 was an amazing year for gaming.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

The fact that Ghost of Tsushima was last means that Ghost of Tsushima is his game of the year. Not tied with the other 2. He's not fooling anybody, we know.
Play-Station-Ghostof-Tsushima-2020.png

Last edited:

kunonabi

Not even sure I bought ten 2020 games.

Predator: Hunting Grounds
Nioh 2
Ghost of Tsushima
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
My Hero One's Justice 2
Silver Falls: 3 Down Stars

Yeah, that's it and the only other games that could make the list once I get around to playing them are Sakuna, Deadly Premonition 2, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, and Empire of Sin.

That would just make 10 in total. Man, what a weak year.

Ghost of Tsushima aged like a fine wine for some reason.

When that game first came out it felt like it was Ubisoft lite.

Have we ever seen an 83 metascore game get this many gotys?
Yes quite a few with the most recent ones being Control and Death Stranding last year which won far more

Hugare

Surprised to not see Cyberpunk in there

His review was pretty positive, criticizing it mainly for the bugs

Some of his choices are interesting. Horizon PC? Ehhh

But oh well, his list. Mine would be very different.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Don't really get the GoT love to be honest. It's a good game but I found nothing really outstanding about it. Combat the tasks around the world got super repetative very fast.

Don't really get the GoT love to be honest. It's a good game but I found nothing really outstanding about it. Combat the tasks around the world got super repetative very fast.

I think as far as open world games go. GoT has the best combat of the lot. Also it's a unique setting that is aesthetically very pleasing. Story is decent too.

Not sure I'd put it as my game of the year though.

Umbral

Didn't know Skill Up's list represented everyone in the world. Must be talking about your fantasy world.
ricky gervais laughing GIF

You guys are touchy when it comes to that game, huh? What I said is literally impossible. Like your bad game, I like bad ones too.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I think as far as open world games go. GoT has the best combat of the lot. Also it's a unique setting that is aesthetically very pleasing. Story is decent too.

Not sure I'd put it as my game of the year though.
Nah, Dragon's Dogma is miles better. Agree on the rest tho, that game is pretty as fuck and the story was nice enough, but not GOTY material imo.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I must check that game out. Keep forgetting.
Well, it's very rough around the edges, but if you manage to see past it's shortcomings it's a great experience, with the best combat, bosses and class system in any open world game.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It's his own favorites, so I think he doesn't need to please anyone because he's not a magazine or metacritics.

Woman7

Banned
He is a cunt for having an opinion? Honestly, between the two of you, you seem like the bigger cunt...

He is obviously a transphobe for not liking The Druck's mastapiece so yeah.

(Can't be bothered inserting all the clapping emoticons, my fingers are tired)

transsexual mic GIF

Spaceman292

Banned
Was it really that bad, or is this the usual elitist bullshit we see on GAF?

"Oh it screen teared one frame. It's unplayabale'
Nah this was literally unplayable for me. You're probably thinking of Cyberpunk which worked fine for me on the same PC.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Presumably he didn’t review Half Life Alyx.

Hades definitely feels it’s getting overrated. I enjoyed it; fun game, but I’m surprised at
the levels of effusive praise.

Ogbert

Was it really that bad, or is this the usual elitist bullshit we see on GAF?

"Oh it screen teared one frame. It's unplayabale'
It wasn’t *that* bad, but I did return it on Steam.

It wasn’t well optimised, so rigs that should have melted the game we’re struggling with frame rates in the 40s.

I think it’s been improved now, so I might give it another go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom