• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skull & Bones delayed. It’ll skip E3 2019 too

Mista

Banned
Skull-Bones_05-15-19.jpg

Ubisoft has delayed Skull & Bones from its previously planned 2019 release window to an unannounced date, and confirmed that it will not appear at E3 2019

Producer Karl von der Luhe said:
“You may have heard that the Skull & Bones release date has been pushed back and we will not be at E3 2019,”
“Rest assured that we are working as hard as ever to make sure that the game is going to be as great as possible, and quality remains our number one focus. Ubisoft remains fully devoted to this exciting journey to bring you this brand new game, and we’re confident Skull & Bones is going to be amazing. Our community remains super important to us, and we’re really grateful for the support and passion you’ve given us. And we will back as soon as we can with exciting new updates.”

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
the idiot that green flagged a full game on sailing in assassins creed black flag should hang

Aintitcool

Banned
Using nextgens improved CPU could make for much better physics of the boat battles and I hope that's what they go for. With simulation of breakage and leaking and ect. Water physics is already on point at ubisoft.

thelastword

Banned
Maybe you should widen your horizons?
Skull and Bones always reminded me of Black Sails the series. It's always how I imagined a real pirate game would be..... I also enjoyed the pirate aspect of the last gen AC games including AC IV, and then we had port royale, two worlds etc... Last gen had some really good pirate content..... Yet, Skull and Bones always looked like the ultimate pirate game...

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Ubisoft, we really just wanted a pirate game like Black Flag, minus the AssCreed stuff. No one asked for a ship combat only game.

dottme

Ribi Ribi dottme dottme Why are you laughing? I’m serious here not joking🙄🙄
I haven’t played the game myself, but if you look at the review, the game is making in content and interesting stuff to do.
For example;

It’s not a really bad game, but people might still want a good pirate game.

Mista

Banned
I haven’t played the game myself, but if you look at the review, the game is making in content and interesting stuff to do.
For example;

It’s not a really bad game, but people might still want a good pirate game.
The game have lots of content now after the anniversary update. But yes, I’m among the people that needs a good pirate game too.

Also the review is from day one, now the game as I said have lots of content and people returned to it.

Last edited:
Disappointed, I've been hotly anticipating it ever since E3 2017, but whatever makes the game better.

Ubisoft, we really just wanted a pirate game like Black Flag, minus the AssCreed stuff. No one asked for a ship combat only game.

That might be exactly what the major delays have been about, certainly the game can't just be ship combat anymore?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I'd like a more realistic pirate game, definitely interested in Skull and Bones. Sea of Thieves didn't move me to keep playing because of the whole lack of progression other than cosmetics. I wanted to become stronger, learn new pirate skills, get better weapons and stockpile lots of booty, defend the booty to the death. LOL...booty. I guess there's some of that in Sea of Thieves, it just all felt pointless in the end. Like I could jump in right now, and have all the same capability of my friend who's a legendary pirate...he just looks cooler.

On a quasi related note the word "gematsu" has always angered me irrationally. I'm not sure why. It's irritating to me.

Last edited:

Larxia

Hopefully it's to expand it and add on foot gameplay.
I loved Black Flag and was really excited when this was first announced, only to see after a few secs that it was only ship gameplay and no on foot gameplay at all.
I know many people were disappointed by this, we all wanted a new pirate game with a lot of freedom, basically an expanded Black Flag, but instead it was just a ship combat game.

Just gimme black flag 2.
I was very disappointed when they announced skull&bones. MP only and no on foot gameplay? I hope they are using this extra time to add more content.

Riven326

Banned
Muydad thought this was the new Assassins Creed. Argued with me about for a half hour on and off. So sick of Ubisoft putting naval combat in every game. Its starting to confuse people.

ookami

I must admit that I secretly wish them to make it more like playing a pirate with a crew of friends or random players than just a ship.
It is pretty rare to see Ubisoft delay a game. Either they hyped it far too soon or wanted to make it much more than what they pitched.

It is pretty rare to see Ubisoft delay a game. Either they hyped it far too soon or wanted to make it much more than what they pitched.

I'm pretty sure they decided to make it more than what they originally planned.

I'm sure the original plan was to just get a ship combat game out then potentially do on-foot stuff for a Skull & Bones 2 down the road, but now they might have decided to not wait for a sequel.

Raven117

It wont be on this gen. That ship has sailed.

rumour has it that it will arrive next gen as a port. We will have to sea.
I can’t even fathom what’s going on in this post.

Just sailing might be too limited in scope unless they really have figured out how to make that fun. They needed to just make a full fledge pirate game

Top Bottom