• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I'm not revealing anything until Round 2 goes out.

Are we going to get a breakdown of how many votes each character got after the first round is finished, or are you worried that that would change voting behavior in the subsequent rounds?

Nezzhil

My brother (he supported Skullgirls campaing) votes go to:

-Feng: His favourite characters are Adon and Jam, so was easy for him vote her.
-Taliesim: He's main in GC's Narutos is Kankuro, plus two fighters at the same time is awesome.
-Beatrix: I don't like this characters very much, but my brother only say me: "She's a wizard!"
-Molly: Mech-pilot fighters are funny.

Panzerfaust, Isaac, Beowulf and Ottomo where close too...

Ravidrath

Are we going to get a breakdown of how many votes each character got after the first round is finished, or are you worried that that would change voting behavior in the subsequent rounds?

Haven't decided yet.

I'm leaning against revealing much of anything, because I wouldn't want to contaminate the poll, and I know Alex is worried about that, too. But I'll talk it over with the team.

Maybe just release a bunch of data once the Great Character Battle is completely over.

Solune

For those of us who donated after the campaign ended, are e-mails for voting going to be sent out in another wave?

Ravidrath

For those of us who donated after the campaign ended, are e-mails for voting going to be sent out in another wave?

You should've gotten it by now - checked spam folders, I assume?

PM me your e-mail address and I'll make sure it's on the list.

Haven't decided yet.

I'm leaning against revealing much of anything, because I wouldn't want to contaminate the poll, and I know Alex is worried about that, too. But I'll talk it over with the team.

Maybe just release a bunch of data once the Great Character Battle is completely over.

It's only a week (if that) between rounds. Speaking for myself, I can wait.

NEO0MJ

Just voted. Go Brain Drain, Beatrix, Beowulf and Molly!

Feng!

Feng feng feng.

That's a funny way of saying Brain Drain four times.

Haven't decided yet.

I think that would be for the best. Not revealing anything now, but maybe show us the results of the vote only after both mystery character are chosen.

UhAOs77.png

Voted Roxie, Beowulf, Hubrecht and Molly.

Was tough not voting for Isaac but I have a feeling he'll get through anyway, went for a couple less popular characters instead.

Gagaman

Mr.Tank-arm, Moonwalking robot with little bloke in his head, Ghost in the shell telephone mech lady and masked classy machine gun lady get my votes.

SGround1DLCvote_zps2fb09b7d.png

Done and done
Haven't decided yet.

The numbers after a round should be fun. It'd remind me of the old votes polls Mahvel fans held for MvC3 and UMvC3. If you can't or won't reveal after rounds then it would be nice to at least get numbers after the first mystery character is picked.
I think that would be for the best. Not revealing anything now, but maybe show us the results of the vote only after both mystery character are chosen.
So far away.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Haven't decided yet.

Well if you release a ranking of the 16 who advance to the next round I personally swear that I will spend all of my second round votes on the three least popular characters because I am a blight on the democratic process.

Just throwin' that out there.

K.Sabot

Just voted. Go Brain Drain, Beatrix, Beowulf and Molly!

That's a funny way of saying Brain Drain four times.

You just gave my pick 4 more words of mindshare while only giving your pick 2 words.

So I'll continue.

Pick Feng! Feng feng feng.

Feng. And The Duck!

Had to carefully go over the character descriptions once again but in the end I went with my same 4.

Ms. Victoria, Eliza, Venus, Black Dhalia.

Taking everything into account(gameplay, apperance, story) I feel that I would really enjoy those characters the most.

Or the number of votes for the character that didn't make it? Or maybe that could influence the second character voting more than you guys'd want?

Moonlight

Banned
God, I waffled on this way too much. I feel like I could be satisfied with most of the characters that make it. After a lot of deliberating, I just decided to use some of those extra votes as an opportunity to push a couple characters that I felt would actually need some of the help (but weren't absolutely guaranteed to be culled), at the end of the day - alongside some of my more solid contenders. To that end, this is how my votes looked like:

Annie: Alongside Isaac, she's one of the two surebet characters that I decided to back. I really like Annie - the contradiction in her motif and her play-style is something I really dig, and I'm pretty interested in seeing her place in the Skullgirls universe. It's not enough to know she's Peacock's favourite show. And in my most hopeful of hopes, I envision a future where Annie is played by Keith David.
Isaac: I can't confess to entirely understanding how Isaac's time travel mechanics work, and have an even harder time explaining it to other people, but the possibilities that have more or less spun off of what I understand is really too much for me to ignore. He's just a cool character. His design, his backstory, the dynamic between his past and future selves, and particularly where his story mode may go is stuff that I really want to see realized. Seriously, you have a character that is actively travelling through time. That's a goldmine for narrative possibilities. Perhaps just as importantly, he - like Beowulf - is a character that I think would be perfect in getting some of my less invested friends in taking a look at the game, between his (that's important, too) design and how different he is relative to many other fighting characters. I think he supplies enough flavour and enough twists on the formula to really lend the game a second shot.
Ileum: I think Alex said something at one point how he likes to make cute characters with dark twists to them, and I dig how Ileum is just... the inverse of that. This disgusting appearance married to a genuinely well meaning, motherly soul is just great, and something I think the series could use in, I dunno, balancing the roster of personalities. Helps that her moves sound great. Maybe not a character that I'd be too effective at, but I like how slippery her play-style sounds, if that makes sense as a descriptor. There's also a part of me that's just really interested in what Lab Zero's animators could do with her, in all her bizarre, frightening glory. Besides, Inque was my favourite antagonist in Batman Beyond.
Black Dahlia: It was really a toss-up between half a dozen characters in my fourth vote and I finally settled on Black Dahlia. It was probably motivated by a lot of great fanart of her posted in the IndieGogo campaign thread, because I came to the realization that I really love Black Dahlia's character design. I'm not sure I could ever play a character like her properly, going by her suggested play-style, but I think her design is pretty inspired, and I love arsenal characters.

Juju was taken from us too soon.

My actual list of preferences look a bit different, but I'm sure my entire top five has the staying power to survive the first round at least, so might as well show some degree of support to the underdog while the round system allows it.

Making decisions is going to be close to impossible very quickly.

Also, Ravid, are those additional survey questions going to continue into the rounds or should we no longer expect them?

Also, Ravid, are those additional survey questions going to continue into the rounds or should we no longer expect them?
It seems obvious to me that these are one time questions because they'd just be stacked by the same people again next time around. New questions need to be asked.

Oh my God

I completely forgot about this. If he has a new round of questions next week then I have one for round #2. "KFC or Popeyes?" FightingGAF will love you guys forever, Ravi. I am not joking here. Please make this a question for next week.

pls

Solune

Yessssssss got my vote.
  1. Panzerfaust
  2. Samson
  3. Aeon
  4. Molly
My honorable mentions who I would vote for in the future.
  • Umbrella
  • Black Dahlia
  • Annie
  • Stanley
  • Feng
  • Eliza
  • Juju
  • Venus

I completely forgot about this. If he has a new round of questions next week then I have one for round #2. "KFC or Popeyes?" FightingGAF will love you guys forever, Ravi. I am not joking here. Please make this a question for next week.

pls

What about us unfortunate souls without any Popeyes, it'd be an unfair question. AFAIK Popeyes are a rare thing in this country.

Loona

An idea for when a voting round's over: only reveal the stats for the characters that got eliminated.

Will be voting later today:
BEOWULF
Scythana
Panzerfaust
Roxie

NEO0MJ

You just gave my pick 4 more words of mindshare while only giving your pick 2 words.

So I'll continue.

Pick Brain Drain! Brain Drain Brain Drain Brain Drain.

Brain Drain. And The Robot!

Gah, I fell right into that one :mad:

Guys! Guys!

Lets not have this get ugly. Just pick Brain Drain so we can all stay friends

You're right, that's a wonderful idea!

So sad I can't find any fan-art for him, guess this will have to do.

tumblr_mi06b47Euh1rqqey2o1_r2_500.png

Dreavus

It is done.

Panzerfaust, Brain Drain, Black Daliah, and Isaac.

First two were a lock from the beginning. Appearance + Gameplay for both - yes please goddamnit.

The oddly specific slot of "badass masked character" was going to be filled by Taliesin, but I just couldn't get behind his gameplay description when compared to Daliah's. I always found puppet guys fun to mess around with but tough to get any kind of actual proficiency out of. Surprised myself a little there, but Daliah sounds like a blast to play.

And it was a surprisingly tough choice between Umbrella and Isaac in the end. Round two MIGHT make me swing back to her over Isaac if the pair are still in, but I'm still not sure (I might keep Daliah in over both if all 5 of my considerations are still around). Gah, this voting business is brutal.

Next rounds are gonna be tough to make the cut depending on which characters make it!

Maybe we could see the breakdown of the characters that didn't make it per week?

Top Bottom