• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

alstein

Paypal is ridiculous.

Is there a time limit on chargebacks? If so, perhaps it would have been best to hold off the 2nd- vote until that limit has passed.

I hope Paypal gets raked over hot coal for this. A year of waiting and inactivity only for this to happen when things are looking up.

Fuck them and fuck these salty assholes who want to ruin a good thing.

AAK

I think it's sketchy, but their logic sort of makes sense.

Basically, they are terrified of chargebacks. If we spend all the money and don't deliver and everyone chargebacks, Paypal is concerned they will be on the line for it.

So they are effectively treating it as a loan. I mean, the guy flat-out said, "Until the threat of chargebacks has passed, Paypal is effectively financing your development."

They also asked if we're good for the $700,000 if something goes wrong. I said "No," because, well... we're not?

The whole point of crowdfunding is to give us the money to develop stuff, not take out a loan.

If they don't resolve this early next week, I'm going to escalate with the CFPB, take it to the media, and probably broadcast the guy's e-mail address and ask people to send them a friendly note saying that they were not scammed and they trust us or something like that.

I am not fucking around with this shit.

Why is this only happening to you? Why didn't this happen with the other crowdfunded games like that dungeon master game and that other Torment game?

kami_sama

Why is this only happening to you? Why didn't this happen with the other crowdfunded games like that dungeon master game and that other Torment game?
I suppose it's because they are using indiegogo, which uses paypal, but the other games used kickstarter, that uses amazon payments.

I can't imagine that IGG would want to sit still on this either. Having their most successful videogame campaign to date torpedoed because of Paypal does not look good for them. Someone needs to put Paypal in their place immediately before developers decide that Amazon payments are worth the hassle over IGG and their paypal setup.

ugh

TheOGB

Banned
Did those other games cause Waifu Wars?

Jokes aside, that is fucked. Fix this shit, Paypal.

Ravidrath

Paypal is ridiculous.

Is there a time limit on chargebacks? If so, perhaps it would have been best to hold off the 2nd- vote until that limit has passed.

Depending on the card provider, chargebacks are a threat for a year. So... yeah, not delaying anything for that.

I can't imagine that IGG would want to sit still on this either. Having their most successful videogame campaign to date torpedoed because of Paypal does not look good for them. Someone needs to put Paypal in their place immediately before developers decide that Amazon payments are worth the hassle over IGG and their paypal setup.

ugh

Both IGG and Autumn have our backs.

IGG says some of their larger campaigns have been hassled by Paypal, but it's been rare. The Humble Bundle crew seems to have had some run-ins with them, as well.

And, yeah, I asked inXile and they have had no similar issues with Amazon Payments, despite dumping several times the amount we have into their bank accounts.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe someone at PayPal is #teamjuju.

Good luck with this shit tho.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You know Minette should win just because she's like the Skullgirls donation drive in gameplay form, it started off a little weak and timid. Then they got lots of tips and became a confident beast :p

Yeah that's right guys VOTE MINETTE

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
If Stanley gets in, will he make any Arlong references?

10k7I1f.png

I love it

I just noticed Peacock in the background.

If they don't resolve this early next week, I'm going to escalate with the CFPB, take it to the media, and probably broadcast the guy's e-mail address and ask people to send them a friendly note saying that they were not scammed and they trust us or something like that.

I am not fucking around with this shit.

LET'S DO IT! I'd send him a nice "friendly" note

I'm sure it must annoying as fuck to have to fight Paypal / Konami / Microshit.... I hope everything ends up working out.

You know Minette should win just because she's like the Skullgirls donation drive in gameplay form, it started off a little weak and timid. Then they got lots of tips and became a confident beast :p

Yeah that's right guys VOTE MINETTE

it's funny how hard you try to push Minette

I just what is best for the game, out of the top 8 Minette and Eliza have the most hype potential for crowds right now and both have good character designs and gameplay foundations.

They are super solid sounding characters

I believe Minette has INSANE gameplay potential considering she's Roll/FrankWest(and I trust the SG team more than Capcom in making her a good char)

If for some crazy reason Annie isn't in top 4 and Minette is, I'll vote for her.

Moonlight

Banned
There's still gonna be the same number of rounds with the same amount of eliminations and the same number of votes. But when Annie wins this round, I wouldn't mind seeing and pushing characters like Minette or Eliza (although in truth, the Eliza votes will be more for Azure J than me).

...of course, best case scenario is that Black Dahlia wins it all.

Jintor

Jintor were the cannons inspired by me :B?

More by iron man, but yeah a little

Who would have thought that the most giant robot looking of all the crew would be the hardest to do a fucking eyecatch for (maybe beowolf, but I have an idea)... fucking Panzerfaust.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
More by iron man, but yeah a little

Who would have thought that the most giant robot looking of all the crew would be the hardest to do a fucking eyecatch for (maybe beowolf, but I have an idea)... fucking Panzerfaust.

I hope that idea doesn't involve chair sex

Azure J

There's still gonna be the same number of rounds with the same amount of eliminations and the same number of votes. But when Annie wins this round, I wouldn't mind seeing and pushing characters like Minette or Eliza (although in truth, the Eliza votes will be more for Azure J than me).

...of course, best case scenario is that Black Dahlia wins it all.

Likewise, when Eliza wins this round, I'll fully have #TeamAnnie's back (she really grew on me over the past three weeks), but all's fair if we get something crazy like a Feng/Annie/Black Dahlia finals or so.

Ultimadrago

If Stanley gets in, will he make any Arlong references?

This dub.

Oh 4Kids. lol

I admit I have a large, unjustified soft spot for the 4Kids Arlong through Grand Battle/Adventure. But their work is infamous for a reason!

That said, I wouldn't mind Stanley having some cheesy attack names if he did get in. Some that rival "Shark & Awe", "Shark & Desrtoy", lead-up with obvious/bad punchline like in his special (your 2nd video), etc.

sephi22

Team Annie's dedication has swayed me. I have decided to vote Annie and not my waifu Eliza.

Also Beowulf over Isaac, because we've had little to no Isaac fan art.

I expect the accelerated schedule to look something like this:

Round 1: Mon-Tues
Round 2: Thurs-Fri
Round 3: Mon-Tues
Round 4: Thurs-Fri

Breaks on Wed and Sat-Sun

Two weeks, nice and easy. And just in time to party on Saturday.

Beckx

Jintor, this art is b'dass. Keep it coming.

-------------------------------

All you fair weather voters deserting Eliza have been marked for sacrifice.

------------------------------------------

It's ok, maybe people will slowly get it. Probably not.

Based on the last several days, not. Can people think for a minute before they post whether their art will help or hurt the image of this game?

------------------------------------------------

Hope the Paypal stuff gets cleared quickly, Peter.

sephi22

Eliza is beautiful, but boring.

Annie seems like a way more fun design. Sorry waifu, but real husbando and waifus have falling outs too. Its what brings them closer.

Beckx

Eliza is beautiful, but boring.

Annie seems like a way more fun design. Sorry waifu, but real husbando and waifus have falling outs too. Its what brings them closer.

Boring, really? Where did I leave my beatstick.....

Stance changes, blood use, maybe even some surfing or summons (if she's true to the Donovan inspiration). Visually the design is nice but it's the combination of Egytian vampire + the gameplay suggestions that have her at #1 for me.

Jintor

This dub.

Oh 4Kids. lol

I admit I have a large, unjustified soft spot for the 4Kids Arlong through Grand Battle/Adventure. But their work is infamous for a reason!

That said, I wouldn't mind Stanley having some cheesy attack names if he did get in. Some that rival "Shark & Awe", "Shark & Desrtoy", lead-up with obvious/bad punchline like in his special (your 2nd video), etc.

"Jumping the Shark"

I expect the accelerated schedule to look something like this:

Round 1: Mon-Tues
Round 2: Thurs-Fri
Round 3: Mon-Tues
Round 4: Thurs-Fri

Breaks on Wed and Sat-Sun

Two weeks, nice and easy. And just in time to party on Saturday.

I would prefer 72 hour voting periods, as in
Round 1: Mon - Wed
Round 2: Fri - Sun
Round 3: Tue - Thur
Round 4: Sat - Mon

Top Bottom