• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls Encore heading to NA PSN February 11th.

Beats

Skullgirls Encore includes all the PC changes along with Squigly.

The US PSN release is set for February 11th, 2014. We don’t have release dates for the XBLA version or the international releases yet, but are working to get those to you as quickly as possible.

All existing PSN owners of Skullgirls are entitled to a free copy of Encore.

- At the time of release, you should receive an XMB message from “Skullgirls” on your PS3
- Clicking the voucher link in that e-mail will redeem the voucher, and take you to the PSN page for Skullgirls Encore
- Download the game
- Don’t forget to download Squigly and the Character Color Bundle DLC, free!
- Enjoy!

Once you’ve transitioned to the new version, please delete your old copy of Skullgirls – that version will no longer be supported.
Full Change list here.

Launch Trailer.
Squigly Trailer

I'm sort of excited, but at the same time I know I won't have anyone to play it with anyway. I can't even play online because my PS3's wired connection no longer works.

Ravidrath

Took them long enough. I'll be there.

Yeah, uh, we didn't expect a horrifying publisher transition when we ran the IGG campaign. Still sucks for everyone, but we got it out as quickly as we could.

Hooray, it's finally happening! Any word on XBL timing?

Should be submitting early next week, so hopefully within... two weeks.

We wanted to submit before, but there were a lot of politics we had to work through before we could move forward.

Man it has been a long wait, but glad it's basically here. All releases from this point on are simultaneous on both consoles and PC right?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

We wanted to submit before, but there were a lot of politics we had to work through before we could move forward.

Oh, I don't doubt it about the politics. I'm just glad that it's coming.

Ravidrath

Man it has been a long wait, but glad it's basically here. All releases from this point on are simultaneous on both consoles and PC right?

For character releases, that's the current plan.

We'll still update the PC version with features whenever, and then roll them into subsequent console patches.

Oh, I don't doubt it about the politics. I'm just glad that it's coming.

Yeah, we knew it would take longer because there were three companies involved with the XBLA transition (MS / Autumn / MarvelousAQL), but still didn't expect it to take that long.

joe2187

Banned
... two weeks.

tumblr_ltcb5llQT71qij9cb.png

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I haven't played a lot but this is still my favorite fighting game of all time. The only thing wrong with it is that it's not on more platforms (Vita, and that other PlayStation). Good to see you guys made it through alright though. Is this gonna be a sort of relaunch? I'd be good to get a blog post on the PS Blog and make it a big deal for a couple of weeks. Not everyone knows they want this game.

Ravidrath

I haven't played a lot but this is still my favorite fighting game of all time. The only thing wrong with it is that it's not on more platforms (Vita, and that other PlayStation). Good to see you guys made it through alright though. Is this gonna be a sort of relaunch? I'd be good to get a blog post on the PS Blog and make it a big deal for a couple of weeks. Not everyone knows they want this game.

PS.Blog post is Monday, and we're definitely exploring other platforms.

And, yeah, this is sort of a relaunch: no more Konami, a year of free characters from the IGG campaign, lobbies coming to consoles, etc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Awesome to hear it coming next week. Was actually just talking about what happened to the Jan. launch date yesterday, so this is a great coincidence. Finally, get to try out Squigly, & looking forward to the rest of the DLC.

Chris_C

Cool news, but I came in here to vent my frustration at devs and Sony announcing that titles 'would hit PSN', as though that was a single platform. There have been occasions when they don't even clarify which of their three active platforms the game in question is coming to.

Beats

Cool news, but I came in here to vent my frustration at devs and Sony announcing that titles 'would hit PSN', as though that was a single platform. There have been occasions when they don't even clarify which of their three active platforms the game in question is coming to.

Ah, sorry about that. I probably should have put PS3 in the title as well.

.la1n

Oh yeah pretty pumped about this, feels like forever that we've waited for the new game to hit PSN / XBLA.

joe2187

Banned
Hmm, I must have fallen behind because some of these changes are way bigger than I thought.

The PC and PC BETA versions have been updated upwards of 2-3 times a week regularly since they've been available.

Mike Zs fingers never stop fiddling.

kick51

Banned
They will begin uploading it and a plane will crash into the the data line just before it hits the PS3 servers :(

onionfrog

How much will the game be if you don't own the original release?
I believe it will be $14.99, which is the same as what the old release was.
However, you'll also be able to get the Squigly DLC character and Extra Color DLC for free. (Both of which are normally $4.99 each)

necroticart

Neo Member
It's good to see the encore release keep up the good work.Also just out of curiosity have you guys had messed with ps4 development yet seeing as the ps4 is more pc hardware based it seems like it would be easier to keep in line with the PC version. That and I would really like to play this on my new console.

Syril

This is going to have The Typing of the Skullgirls right? Will you be able to plug in two keyboards and do versus matches with it?

Ravidrath

How much will the game be if you don't own the original release?

As he said, $14.99.

And, yeah, there's a ton of free stuff coming this year for the game, courtesy of our Indiegogo campaign.

- Five free characters
- At least seven new stages with music from Michiru Yamane
- Story modes for all characters
- Alternate voice packs for all characters, as well as the announcer
- Art gallery
- Lobbies w/ "All Play" and spectating

I feel like I'm forgetting something. But you get the idea.

This is going to have The Typing of the Skullgirls right? Will you be able to plug in two keyboards and do versus matches with it?

Yes, the Typing of the Skullgirl mode is in the console release.

Just plug in a keyboard and type "gottatypefast!" during the opening logos, and that will activate it.

MYeager

Yeah, uh, we didn't expect a horrifying publisher transition when we ran the IGG campaign. Still sucks for everyone, but we got it out as quickly as we could.

Considering the entire history you guys have gone through with this game I'm both amazed and excited you continue to work on it. I look forward to the Xbox Live release whenever it happens.

joe2187

Banned
Considering the entire history you guys have gone through with this game I'm both amazed and excited you continue to work on it. I look forward to the Xbox Live release whenever it happens.

0541712_36173_MC_Tx304.jpg

And the gypsy whispered into Mike Z's ears...."Skullllgirrrrls"

Oh so we need to remove the previous one before upgrading to Encore?

Guess I gotta work on the other trophies before the 11th.

No, telling you to delete it was just their way to say that when Encore comes out the original will just be a waste of space in your hard drive and there's no advantage to keeping it.

Top Bottom