• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls- New Characters, Painwheel and Valentine, Announced [Full Roster Revealed]

Why is it ridiculous? They're just being open about it.

You know how game releases work, this shit aint easy man.

And yeah, I have worked on a few XBLA titles outside of the last hellhole ;) MS always provided pretty decent estimates on when they would be able to accept submission, finish looking at it, and potential release dates. XBLA releases are heavily planned out by MS, especially leading up to and during their summer promotion stuff and the holidays. It's not quite as random as they are making it out to be.

I'd guess the game just isn't ready yet or failed submission with a lot of issues to fix. But whatever. I'd be much more content to get some sort of solid release date even if it is far out. Just getting "we don't know!!!" constantly is frustrating.

Ravidrath

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds;36498135 said:
It's not as random as they are making it out to be.

I don't think anyone has ever characterized it as "random."

It's just not under our control, and their policies forbid us from confirming anything until they do.

I don't think anyone has ever characterized it as "random."

It's just not under our control, and their policies forbid us from confirming anything until they do.

Yes, policies. At least talk to MS about removing the 4/4/2012 date from Xbox.com if it isn't happening. Make that happen and I promise to not purchase Girl Fight instead.

Ravidrath

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds;36498636 said:
Yes, policies. At least talk to MS about removing the 4/4/2012 date from Xbox.com if it isn't happening. Make that happen and I promise to not purchase Girl Fight instead.

Yeah, we asked them to remove it as soon as it went up, and for whatever reason they haven't or won't.

I'll be sad if it doesn't come out on the fourth, but I'll still be buying the game on launch day. :) I'll just fill my time with a bit of work on other fighting games.

It's not as if it's Reverge's fault that everyone might be in for a disappointment - it's Microsoft's. People need to stop being angry at Reverge when they tried to avoid this happening.

Certification is a PITA. Much easier to launch a title as a PC developer these days.

alstein

I'll be sad if it doesn't come out on the fourth, but I'll still be buying the game on launch day. :) I'll just fill my time with a bit of work on other fighting games.

It's not as if it's Reverge's fault that everyone might be in for a disappointment - it's Microsoft's. People need to stop being angry at Reverge when they tried to avoid this happening.

Certification is a PITA. Much easier to launch a title as a PC developer these days.

It's not Cert holding this back, I'm sure it passed cert. It's MSFT deciding when stuff goes out.

I wish this game had come out on PC first myself.

V_Arnold

So am I reading this right? It is up to MS to decide a date for XBLA, and they actually did that, but at the same time, they are not allowing you guys to announce a release date?

Trap of 22? Paradox? 4.4 release date anyway or "no comment"? : O

Is it going to be possible to access the training mode in the XBLA demo? I'd like to see if it's even possible for me to remotely start learning this game prior to buying it.

Ravidrath

Is it going to be possible to access the training mode in the XBLA demo? I'd like to see if it's even possible for me to remotely start learning this game prior to buying it.

The demo includes the following:

1) Filia and Cerebella
2) Short, demo-sized arcade mode
3) Local multiplayer
4) Training Mode
5) 4 tutorials​

So, yeah, you can start learning... as long as it's Filia or Cerebella.

1) Filia and Cerebella
3) Local multiplayer
4) Training Mode
5) 4 tutorials​

Wow.. pretty big demo.

How long can you be in training mode for?

Slick OT.

Edit: I saw it Solarpowered.
Hard to believe, but thanks for the compliment. I'm not used to being in the spotlight so this OT needs to be done right.
I demand an OT release date
or I will send you biscotti in anger
!
You can send all your biscotti. I'll never crack!

I might get sick though...
Did I seriously miss an urley look at it? Damn. :lol
Yeah, I hit that edit button with the quickness. :p
Frank "Trashman" Reynolds;36498135 said:
And yeah, I have worked on a few XBLA titles outside of the last hellhole ;) MS always provided pretty decent estimates on when they would be able to accept submission, finish looking at it, and potential release dates. XBLA releases are heavily planned out by MS, especially leading up to and during their summer promotion stuff and the holidays. It's not quite as random as they are making it out to be.

I'd guess the game just isn't ready yet or failed submission with a lot of issues to fix. But whatever. I'd be much more content to get some sort of solid release date even if it is far out. Just getting "we don't know!!!" constantly is frustrating.
Let's not type things we are going to regret later on. The game is fine.
Bunch of impatience in this thread. You can't demand something that's beyond the developer's control.
This is the internet, we can demand whatever we want dammit!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Also about the 'impatience' I think it's all because of the 4/4 date being put up by Microsoft. It just comes across as weird for that date to exist and the dev team to legitimately not know if the date is true or not a week prior to it.

Also

q6qoW.jpg

1) Filia and Cerebella
3) Local multiplayer
4) Training Mode
5) 4 tutorials​

That's fuckin' godlike, yo.
Training Mode has to be like 30 seconds or something. Too good to be true. Haha

The "I'm going to play the demo first, before I consider buying it" monsters are definitely going to cop Based Broads now.

Better demo than anything capcom's ever released.

You're joking, right? lol

Card Boy

Banned
Unfortunately we don't really have any power over how the game is actually priced.

What is the price of downloadable games in Oz, anyway?

Always 33% to 60% dollars more than the US prices, despite our dollar being worth more.

SF3 may cost 15USD on the US PSN, but its $23.95 here. Really we should be paying just under $15AU here.
Another example is BF1943 15USD on the US PSN, but $19.95AU here.

New FNF is up

Only the coolest kids on the block will get this new reference! <3
Also about the 'impatience' I think it's all because of the 4/4 date being put up by Microsoft. It just comes across as weird for that date to exist and the dev team to legitimately not know if the date is true or not a week prior to it.

Also
Did you draw that?

Great news, can't wait to play this game :D

At first months back I thought this game was going to just be some random drawn art fighter but so much stuff has been shown that this is not the case, I hope all goes well for you and the team.

So...

We have passed Microsoft certification, like... literally within the last 30 minutes. On a Saturday!? Yes, on a Saturday.

The game will be released on XBLA worldwide on April 11th, for 1200 MS points.

Unfortunately, we still cannot be 100% certain on PSN release date, because, well... it's Saturday. Sony has separate submissions for different regions, which makes it more difficult to nail down, too.

North American PSN release will very probably be April 10th, but we are still awaiting final confirmation. And as you might expect, the PSN version will be $14.99.

I want to apologize for having to leave you in the dark on this for so long. It has been agonizing, and MS's "leak" on Xbox.com didn't help at all. We would have denied it sooner, but the reality is that Microsoft was still trying to slot us on April 4th as late as yesterday morning.
Cool, looking forward to PSN release

This is fantastic news. Now people can finally set a date and we can synchronize our watches. Reverge will drown in our money come the 11th.

>:)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So...

We have passed Microsoft certification, like... literally within the last 30 minutes. On a Saturday!? Yes, on a Saturday.

The game will be released on XBLA worldwide on April 11th, for 1200 MS points.

Unfortunately, we still cannot be 100% certain on PSN release date, because, well... it's Saturday. Sony has separate submissions for different regions, which makes it more difficult to nail down, too.

North American PSN release will very probably be April 10th, but we are still awaiting final confirmation. And as you might expect, the PSN version will be $14.99.

I want to apologize for having to leave you in the dark on this for so long. It has been agonizing, and MS's "leak" on Xbox.com didn't help at all. We would have denied it sooner, but the reality is that Microsoft was still trying to slot us on April 4th as late as yesterday morning.

*checks calendar*

SKULLGIRLS SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

GIRLS MUTANTS NINJAS AND THE UNDEAD!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

Ravidrath

This is fantastic news. Now people can finally set a date and we can synchronize our watches. Reverge will drown in our money come the 11th.

>:)

I will bring a snorkel, in hopes of living long enough to spend some of it!

Also, please don't start the (amazing) OT until it's thrice official!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Anyone who'se followed XBLA stuff this long should know of it's date confusion history, especially lately, with the number of games coming out on Fridays and such. It's pretty common, and happens to many a game over the years....

...so no worries there.

It's good to have a solid date now, and not too far off from previous projections, either.
Glad we'll finally get to see big-time impressions of it soon, and of course, to get to play it myself:)

Ravidrath

I really just wanted to say this here and keep it from blowing wide open until we have official confirmation from Sony, so... maybe keep the release date out of the thread title for now?

Ken

I really just wanted to say this here and keep it from blowing wide open until we have official confirmation from Sony, so... maybe keep the release date out of the thread title for now?

If the XBL date is official, maybe we could have a new thread with that and a ? for PSN? Then update that thread when you find out?

"Skullgirls Release Dates (XBL 4/11, PSN TBA)"

Or I guess waiting would be better.

Odrion

Banned
So is Skullgirls and Fez a part of some wacky X-Box Arcade "Spring into Vidgamez" promotion? If not, hoooooooly crap is Microsoft dumb.

Top Bottom