• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls releases on PC August 22nd

Dartastic

Just announced on the main Evo stream. WOOT. Preorders go live August 1st. Don't know if this has already been announced, but I haven't heard anything about it sooooo...

impact

Banned
Don't like the game but its good to see more fighting games on PC. Hopefully the online isn't as dead as MK9s

Het_Nkik

I have the beta release right now; love Squiggly's unfinished frames that are still pen & ink mode. I want a whole "rough draft" mode.

For the impatient people willing to splash quite a lot of cash in order to get in now, do note that Lab Zero is still taking slacker backers. $36 will get you immediate access to the latest PC build of the game, plus the soundtrack, plus wallpapers.

FYI, the game will retail at $15, so only do this if you're really impatient (or really want to give Lab Zero 34 bucks).

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Both are extremely likely.
Ravi, any chances you'll improve the framerate on integrated graphics? I know it's not meant for gaming, but I can run SFIV at a constant 30 FPS. I only want Skullgirls to be the same. :(

Ravi, any chances you'll improve the framerate on integrated graphics? I know it's not meant for gaming, but I can run SFIV at a constant 30 FPS. I only want Skullgirls to be the same. :(

How can you tolerate SFIV @ 30 FPS? I don't even....

Skullgirls is a 2D fighter that should be able to run on toasters.

Ontopic:- Great news. PC gets yet another awesome fighter.

Ravidrath

1073939_536908196376679_630383669_o.jpg

Have you tried the 2D backgrounds? We put those in there for people with slower GPUs.

There isn't much more we can do if your GPU has sub-PS3 performance, though.

So is it safe to say this is also the day Squigly releases for consoles?

It's not safe to say this.

We're running a little behind on Squigly's stage and story mode, and all of those need to be finished before we can test and submit the console versions. And then there's the console testing process, which is often times unpredictable.

We're of course trying to get them to hit as close to each other as possible. There's a decent chance that the PC version will launch with Squigly w/o her stages and story mode, and then we'd release those when it hits console.

VariantX

I have the beta release right now; love Squiggly's unfinished frames that are still pen & ink mode. I want a whole "rough draft" mode.

Yeah, its going to be a little sad when the artists clean up the remaining untouched frames. I've gotten so used to squigs's jumping HP to see it suddenly colored in made my heart sink a little.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1073939_536908196376679_630383669_o.jpg
Just made 1920x1080 and 1366x768 versions of this baby. I was hoping this image would be released at a nice size for wallpaper purposes.
It's not safe to say this.

We're running a little behind on Squigly's stage and story mode, and all of those need to be finished before we can test and submit the console versions. And then there's the console testing process, which is often times unpredictable.

We're of course trying to get them to hit as close to each other as possible. There's a decent chance that the PC version will launch with Squigly w/o her stages and story mode, and then we'd release those when it hits console.
Not that big a deal. All that matters is few bugs, good online and good fighting. The port will have those in spades and missing a single character's story mode isn't the end of the world.

El Sloth

Banned

Skullgirls beta won't even boot on my toaster. Video card says lolno

My laptop is from 2008ish. Mike was wrong.

Roubjon

Have you tried the 2D backgrounds? We put those in there for people with slower GPUs.

There isn't much more we can do if your GPU has sub-PS3 performance, though.

Holy shit, thanks so much for mentioning this. I had no idea it had this feature and now the game runs perfectly.

So awesome!

2D fighters require a TON more memory to hold all the frames needed. 3D fighters just need animation lists, textures and polygon positions.

Top Bottom