• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure |OT| This Is Not Your Father's Spyro

Received my Sidekicks today but... but the same as you guys - just three of um. Got Terrabite, Whisper Elf, and Gill Runt. Waiting on Trigger Snappy too.

Poor Whisper was bent too. She was twisted in the plastic wrong so I straightened her out. Seems good now.

Was just out at K-Mart and saw more of the bags. Seems they were better prepared for this promotion though I wonder how many people wanted what the most and what's left.

Hale-XF11

Whatever happened to those free Skylanders figures they were mailing out? I remember qualifying and being told I'd get one, but never did.

BooJoh

My fourth sidekick didn't arrive today so I guess I'll hope for a Trigger Snappy on Monday.

Whatever happened to those free Skylanders figures they were mailing out? I remember qualifying and being told I'd get one, but never did.

It sounds like they didn't all get sent out, probably because there were so many people winning daily. It sounds like you can call 1-800-646-2904 (the original contest number) or 1-800-352-4477 (Frito-Lay CS) and complain/have them look into your orders. Be specific because they also have your info filed for Sidekicks apparently.

U2NUMB

I was a bit LTTP on this.. picked up my starter pack a week ago and todays Best Buy sale served me well. Picked up 10 new characters so far. Addictive little things...

Hale-XF11

I'll just wait and see if it shows up. If not, no big deal. I'm not really missing it, but was mostly just curious if they'd all been sent out yet.

ssowinski

I was a bit LTTP on this.. picked up my starter pack a week ago and todays Best Buy sale served me well. Picked up 10 new characters so far. Addictive little things...

Me too, but for the kids of course. Got the starter pack and two 3 packs so it covers all of the 8 elements. About 6 chapters in and both me and the kids love it. Leveling up and picking upgrades is addictive as all get out.

Fyi - You can use the adventure upgrades on the portal without opening the packages, might save 100 bucks or so to know.

BooJoh

Got my fourth and final Sidekick today. It's Trigger Snappy, which completes my set.

DNzpV.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I'll see your Amazon Gold Flameslinger and raise you a mysterious Gamestop exclusive "Skylanders Warnado GREEN".

He'll fit right at home with TRU Blue Bash and Walmart Red Drill Sergeant.

Gold Flameslinger and the Gamestop Golden Dragonfire Cannon Battle Pack are getting me pumped for the Giants |OT|!

Would be nice to actually be able to make it, though. :)

[EDIT] Gold Flameslinger's out of stock. His product page gives off the usual awkward "404 this doesn't exist" page for items that do exist.

I preordered the Wii U version of Skylanders Giants before the page was taken down. Maybe both were early leaks? Then again, the Wii U version was announced, while Gold Flameslinger literally popped out of nowhere.

BooJoh

Warnado is one of my favorite characters but there's no way I'm paying $20 for one figure just because it's (presumably) clear green.

Last sidekick came in... Totals ended up: 2x terrabite, 1x whisper elf, 1x trigger snappy. So im looking to see if anyone would trade a Gillrunt for a Terrabite.

Last sidekick came in... Totals ended up: 2x terrabite, 1x whisper elf, 1x trigger snappy. So im looking to see if anyone would trade a Gillrunt for a Terrabite.

That was the same amount my mom got. She called me up to see if I got an extra Runt to trade her... but I've only received one of each so far (still waiting on #4 that's hopefully Snappy). :\

And dammit. Should have jumped on the Flameslinger last night when it was still loading. I was trying to avoid ordering anything till I get paid next though. :(

Edit: And not even five minutes later, the post showed up with Snappy! Yay! Boo for my mom though. :( I did notice that this one had a delivery confirmation sticker on it whereas the others did not.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
Here is an updated look at my collection, now that I have received all of my Sidekicks.

Here is a pic of my entire wall -

DSC_0593.jpg

Main Skylanders display -

DSC_0543.jpg

Here is a close-up of the sealed single packs -

DSC_0571.jpg

DSC_0572.jpg

Here is a close-up of the sealed triple packs -

DSC_0574.jpg

Here is a close-up of the sealed adventure and legendary triple/single packs -

DSC_0578.jpg

Here is a close-up of the silver, gold, glow-in-the-dark, ice, Toy Fair 2012 Cynder and Hex (New York and Nuremberg), E3 2012 Chrome Spyro, as well as the Toys R Us exclusive Sapphire Bash and Wal-Mart exclusive Ruby Drill Sergeant variants -

DSC_0557.jpg

Skylander merchandise and game display shelves -

DSC_0569.jpg

Here is a closeup of my Skylanders Sidekicks -

DSC_0550.jpg

Here is a closeup of my Flocked Stump Smash, Sapphire Bash, and Ruby Drill Sergeant -

DSC_0580.jpg

Here is a group shot of the character cards -

P1010159.jpg

Here are both sets of my personal Skylanders collection. One set is for the first upgrade path. The second set is for the second upgrade path -

P1010164.jpg

Here is a group shot of my kids' collections, as well as my own, together. Top-left is my daughters. Top-right is my sons. Bottom two sets are mine, and the 17 Skylanders at the very bottom, are my two year olds -

P1010189.jpg

Here is a pic of the extra sets of cards and stickers accumulated by buying multiple figures -

P1010163.jpg

Here are the Toy Fair 2012 - New York: Cynder, Toy Fair 2012 - Nuremberg: Hex, and E3 2012: Chrome Spyro -

IMGP0156.jpg

Here are the 3 silver Skylanders: Dino Rang, Boomer, and Eruptor -

P1300396.jpg

Here are the 3 gold Skylanders: Chop Chop, Flameslinger, and Drill Sergeant -

P2010423.jpg

Here are the 3 glow-in-the-dark Skylanders: Wrecking Ball, Warnado, and Zap -

P1010194.jpg

Here are the 3 ice Skylanders: Stealth Elf, Cynder, and Wham-Shell -

P1010261.jpg

Here are the Toys R Us and Wal-Mart exclusive Blue Bash (sapphire) and Red Drill Sergeant (Ruby) -

IMGP0168.jpg

Here is a group shot of the 3 silver, 3 gold, 3 glow-in-the-dark, and 3 ice Skylanders -

P1010268.jpg

Here are my "ONLY AT" exclusive Skylanders. These are actually different than the mass retail versions. Whirlwind has a solid white base, while Drill Sergeant has a deeper metallic red and glossy base -

P1010387.jpg

Here are the Volcanic Vaults I have accumulated from getting copies of the game or through various promotions -

P1230384.jpg

Strategy Guide -

IMGP0081.jpg

Here is a shot of my Starter Packs -

P1230386.jpg

Hope you enjoy taking a look. :)

was this already posted? the "cloud patrol" iOS Skylander game will come to the Amazon Kindle, and in that version you will have in-app purchases ... purchases as:

skylanders-kindle-fire-hd.jpg

lol what? purchase it in the app and receive it several days later by mail, genius! ;)

and is it just me or do the new skylander-boxes look a little less rounded and more boxy?

255578_492361457455682_1586048869_n.jpg

GameMaster78

Neo Member
Why does that Amazon dude, holding the gold Flameslinger, remind me of Jim Carrey in Liar Liar?

"The color of the pen, that I hold in my hand, is rrrrrrrrrrrrrrroyal bluuuuuuue."

Zing

Banned
I wonder why they decided to release the light core figures as duplicates of other series 2 figures. They could have just made them be whichever figure is missing from series 1. For example, instead of having Lightcore Eruptor and regular Eruptor, they could have made one of them be Sunburn.

Any talk of being able to transfer character data to the series 2 figures? Don't really need three different Eruptors or Drobots to level up.

I wonder why they decided to release the light core figures as duplicates of other series 2 figures. They could have just made them be whichever figure is missing from series 1. For example, instead of having Lightcore Eruptor and regular Eruptor, they could have made one of them be Sunburn.

Any talk of being able to transfer character data to the series 2 figures? Don't really need three different Eruptors or Drobots to level up.

Wait! Lightcore and reposed figures are two different toys? I though the lightcore ones were like a sub-set of the reposed, not that we will get two different variations of a model we already own.

Wait! Lightcore and reposed figures are two different toys? I though the lightcore ones were like a sub-set of the reposed, not that we will get two different variations of a model we already own.

Series 1, Series 2 and LightCore all have different poses and LightCore have the added bonus of entering the game in a special way. Also, there's no current clarification on whether LightCore figures have Wow Pows (like Series 2). Current packaging pictures also show that LightCore figures do not work on the original game (even the ones that were characters in the original game). However, I'm making inquiries about that last point, just to see if that is actually the case.

Good news folks. I followed up on the LightCore characters not working in S:SA with a guy at Activision. He tested Prism Break LC on S:SA for me and the figure works as if it's a Series 1 Prism Break.

Zing

Banned
They are different poses, unfortunately for you. You can see this on the photos of the poster that have been shown here and linked elsewhere.

I really hope they don't dribble things out like last time. I really hated having already beat the game twice before wave 2 hit. At the very least, have all eight giants available.

I already regret bothering for the full set the last time. I should have stopped at two of each character. I think that is what I will do this time, depending on how poorly they distribute the figures. Skylanders really was a ton of fun in co-op with each player having a character of each element.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Skylanders Giants Wii U box art! It's exactly the same brand new!

giantswiiu.png

Notice the Nintendo Network logo on the corner of the in-package box? Hm...

DLC-ception?

Another interesting tidbit: Vicarious Visions is developing the Wii U version of Giants. (They developed the 3DS version of Spyro's Adventure.)

I bought Skylanders for 360 months ago as a rainy-day game for my daughter and I to share. But, every time we would see a commercial for it, she didn't seem excited about it at all (I think she thinks it's a "boy's game" or something). Well, her birthday is today, so we'll see. If nothing else, I'm excited to finally get to play it!

Question: the Portal Owners Pack comes only with one Giant figure, right? And the Starter pack, besides the portal, comes with one Giant and two figures (as far as I see one reposed and one new).

So for 10 bucks more we get two new figures. I am thinking that getting the Starter Pack, even if you have the first game, is a better deal, what do you guys think?

I have all the normal + legendary figures from the first game, usually I buy the cheaper 3-packs, but getting the Giant Starter Pack (and the two figures) would not mess with the plan of buying 3-packs? I.e. those figures will be part of two different 3-packs that I will end buying anyway?

Is there a list of waves planned?

Orca

Thought of this thread when I picked up the last two my daughter needed at Walmart today - $5 a figure during the store's anniversary sale. Realized I didn't post a pic of her Skylander cake, I'll have to track one down.

My two year old son has started playing with the figures. Drives his sister nuts. Surprised Activision hasn't released any figures or plush dolls of them.

Just came back from my local EB games to pre-order the WiiU and I also pre-ordered the starter pack for Skylanders Giants along with three Giant characters. The girl helping me listed off a whole bunch of other things that were available for pre-order. I wasn't sure what most of these things were until I just got home and searched online. Turns out most of the stuff was just Mega Bloks sets. But they also had battle packs available for pre-order. It's my understanding that these battle packs are different from the previous adventure packs regarding the content that they unlock. For example, it appears that the Golden Dragonfire Cannon unlocks a special battle arena instead of a new level. Is this similar to the Volcanic Vault from the first game? Can anybody clarify this for me, because I'm not at all interested in a PvP battle arena. I'd much rather have extra levels instead. Also, are all of the other battle packs going to be battle arenas as well and are there any other battle packs other than the Cannon that are going to be available at launch? I'd love to pre-order some of these battle packs, but only if they are similar to the prior adventure packs. Thanks, guys!

Stage On

Just came back from my local EB games to pre-order the WiiU and I also pre-ordered the starter pack for Skylanders Giants along with three Giant characters. The girl helping me listed off a whole bunch of other things that were available for pre-order. I wasn't sure what most of these things were until I just got home and searched online. Turns out most of the stuff was just Mega Bloks sets. But they also had battle packs available for pre-order. It's my understanding that these battle packs are different from the previous adventure packs regarding the content that they unlock. For example, it appears that the Golden Dragonfire Cannon unlocks a special battle arena instead of a new level. Is this similar to the Volcanic Vault from the first game? Can anybody clarify this for me, because I'm not at all interested in a PvP battle arena. I'd much rather have extra levels instead. Also, are all of the other battle packs going to be battle arenas as well and are there any other battle packs other than the Cannon that are going to be available at launch? I'd love to pre-order some of these battle packs, but only if they are similar to the prior adventure packs. Thanks, guys!

The battle packs really are just PvP arena's and not not new levels.

The battle packs really are just PvP arena's and not not new levels.
Ah, that's what I thought. That sucks. Thanks for the reply. Apparently, the existing adventure "figures" from Spyro's Adventure will unlock new levels in Giants. Whether they are brand new areas or the same as the first game remains to be seen. I wonder if there will be any traditional DLC for Giants since there doesn't appear to be any plans for any adventure packs. I guess we'll find out!

Stage On

Ah, that's what I thought. That sucks. Thanks for the reply. Apparently, the existing adventure "figures" from Spyro's Adventure will unlock new levels in Giants. Whether they are brand new areas or the same as the first game remains to be seen. I wonder if there will be any traditional DLC for Giants since there doesn't appear to be any plans for any adventure packs. I guess we'll find out!

I hope not. Skylanders is already expensive enough as it is with just the figures.

For Giants I'm just planning on getting the 8 giants and the 8 new figures. Not going to bother with the lightcore versions or the repose figures from series one.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
There's tons of new info about the game that's just come to light.

First off, the next Legendary 3-Pack from TRU will contain Legendary Jet-Vac, Slam Bam, and Ignitor.

There are also legendary versions of Bouncer and Stealth Elf.

Also - and so far this only seems to be in Europe - the new PS3 slim will have a Skylanders Giants bundled with the PS3 slim, which contains a blue and green Tree Rex that can only be gotten in that bundle.

Zing

Banned
I'm sitting on sealed Legendaries from the first game, waiting to see if there is a big demand for them this holiday.

Does anyone know if the non-giant figures, S2 Cynder, Jet-Vac and Pop Fizz, are exclusive to the Starter Packs or will they be available separately?

I have no need for 2 more portals but don't want to miss out on these figures if they pull another setup like they did with Ignitor and Gill Grunt with the original starter packs.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
One can hope not, but I have a feeling Jet-Vac and Cynder might remain exclusive, if the past is anything to go off of.

Pop Fizz will be in a single pack on day 1.

One can hope not, but I have a feeling Jet-Vac and Cynder might remain exclusive, if the past is anything to go off of.

I'd be very surprised if Jet-Vac/Cynder aren't released as single packs. There's big difference between this and the original release. Everyone had to own it last time. Although in saying that, if you were a 3DS player, you couldn't buy any of the original home console starter figures separately, which is a bit ridiculous.

I've actually been seeing on the Darkspryo forums that the Pop Fizz in the 3DS pack isn't the same as the single pack. They're saying the one in the 3DS pack is called Punch Pop Fizz (which is what it says on the box) but the other one is just, Pop Fizz.

GameMaster78

Neo Member
I'd be very surprised if Jet-Vac/Cynder aren't released as single packs. There's big difference between this and the original release. Everyone had to own it last time. Although in saying that, if you were a 3DS player, you couldn't buy any of the original home console starter figures separately, which is a bit ridiculous.

Actually, you make a good point. People who buy the Portal Owners pack might want either Cynder or Jet-Vac.

Yeah, I can see them being released as single packs later on.

Top Bottom