• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: Dawnguard Game Informer Information

ImLibo

Heres the Dawnguard info i got from gameinformer:

•"Story of dawnguard involves the return of a vampire lord named Harkon,who seeks to put stop to his greatest enemy: The sun."
•You choose sides:fight alongside the dawnguard(vamp hunters) or join harkon,"alot of unique content depending on which side you choose"
•Two new homes,one for each side of the conflict.
•If you choose to side with harkon you can become a 'Vampire Lord',grants you new powers,players can exit vampire lord form at will.
•Vampire lords & werewolves now have their own perk tree.
•Legendary dragons are new high level beasts,Gargoyles,death hounds and armored trolls.

•Crossbows being added
•Some quests will take you into the oblivion realm,specifically 'the soul cairn' the realm of trapped souls 
•you can change your face/gender via a character in riften's ratway.
•New shouts like 'soul tear',where you steal the soul of a dead enemy and use it as a minion.

Dave1988

•"Story of dawnguard involves the return of a vampire lord named Harkon,who seeks to put stop to his greatest enemy: The sun."
•You choose sides:fight alongside the dawnguard(vamp hunters) or join harkon,"alot of unique content depending on which side you choose"
•If you choose to side with harkon you can become a 'Vampire Lord',grants you new powers,players can exit vampire lord form at will.
•Legendary dragons are new high level beasts,Gargoyles,death hounds and armored trolls.

•Crossbows being added
•Some quests will take you into the oblivion realm,specifically 'the soul cairn' the realm of trapped souls 
•New shouts like 'soul tear',where you steal the soul of a dead enemy and use it as a minion.

This pleases me. Now they only need to add an option for respecing chars.

•Crossbows being added
Yayyyy

So I can level up werewolf? I am at 79 and while I saved two points, I would hate to have a tree I don't even have a choice in leveling.

NBtoaster

Sounds like this is structured more like Broken Steel where it's expanding upon the original content but doesn't add another explorable landmass like Shivering Isles or Point Lookout.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Sounds like this is structured more like Broken Steel where it's expanding upon the original content but doesn't add another explorable landmass like Shivering Isles or Point Lookout.

Which is unfortunate, but sounds like a compelling quest line all the same.

Sojgat

It pleases me greatly that I have waited for this expansion before I dive into Skyrim, my secret vampire lord shall destroy all.

Pie Lord

Sounds very good so far. I want to know more about the length and overall size of the content before I get to excited though.

Sounds good, but now I'm just worried about the length and the amount of content. Guess it won't matter much if I get into the Beta, but if not, I'm not dropping $20 for a few hours of gameplay.

They're doing this? I don't care about the speed though, i'd rather have them have better turning. And ability to order them to stay. And call them.

Not that I know of. I never use horses because they suck. That is to say they are too slow and horrible to maneuver.

~Kinggi~

Banned
If this is 20$ i doubt Bethesda is gonna risk not delivering enough content since they probably have another 3 or so lined up after this. That or they end up dropping the price on future expansions.

Apdiddy

Part of me hopes that in the expansion the sun has minions that fall out of the sky after getting ping pong'ed into the air by an ogre.

Bruiserk

30 days latter I think.

What's up with people wanting a respec option?

Why wouldn't people want a respec option? I know I used one on PC after going full mage for the first half of the game. shit gets boring after a while so I wanted to change it up.

edit: thanks for the answer though

Venfayth

This has excited me enough to the point where I might just go start a new character in Skyrim right now.

Maybe I'll see if there's any good mods out yet that add content.

This honestly doesn't sound like a $20 expansion. It sounds like Mehrune's Razor or Knights of the Nine, which was 800 points, I think (it was 20 bucks on PC but included all other DLC up until that point, so Mehrune's Razor, Wizard Tower, etc). Not feelin' it.

"Story of dawnguard involves the return of a vampire lord named Harkon,who seeks to put stop to his greatest enemy: The sun."

Funniest sentence ever.

JoeBoy101

Two new homes and two new perk trees specifically for the paranormal creature PCs?

Alright, NOW I'm really interested.

Volimar

This honestly doesn't sound like a $20 expansion. It sounds like Mehrune's Razor or Knights of the Nine, which was 800 points, I think (it was 20 bucks on PC but included all other DLC up until that point, so Mehrune's Razor, Wizard Tower, etc). Not feelin' it.

I was thinking it was worth maybe 1200 points...

Still getting it though...

It'd be nice if the homes had libraries enough for all the books. Oh and loads of mannequins.

Card Boy

Banned
30 days latter I think.

What's up with people wanting a respec option?

Options are never a bad thing especially in an RPG. I dumped points in to Alteration only to realize its a POS skilltree compared to Oblivion and Morrowind. I got my points back by typing a simple console command.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I really really hope that Dawnguard's new perk trees can be levelled easily, or it's going to be a pain for my 51 Nord to learn any new cool Werewolf perks.

And I agree, from what we know (and that may change), I'd say this is more of a 10/15 dollar price point, not a full 20.

GhaleonEB

I really like the idea of being able to play this expansion with two characters, one for each side. I think my Dawnguard character will use cross bows, the vampire lord, hit teeth.

Top Bottom